Masks of Dread is BACK!

hrtbrk

Hey there! I chose the Blue/Evil Mask as well.

In order to get it to show up on my Pet I had to go to customization...REMOVE IT and Save..Refresh...then Put it on again and Save.

It then showed as attached.

Good luck!

You are so awesome! It worked, and yay! It looks so neat on her too. I'm happy. Haha, thank you!

This is my first time with this event, and I chose the evil mask first because I liked the colourscheme of it. I don't think the mask suits my active pet but that's okay lol. I like these kinds of mini-event things because they don't take too much time but they're still fun and you get cool prizes from them...

Whee prizes \o/

well *cough* TNT must have released them on a timer... or at least part of it, because Evil Mask: renamed "Spiky Glowing Mask" :P

oh an a description has been added too ;) i laughed so hard when i checked mine out and found it read: TODO :P someone was a little behind schedule :P

the NC prize for today is:

mall_acc_captainkhelmet.gif

Captain K Helmet

http://impress.openn...aptain-K-Helmet

the Prize for activating the Masks of Dread Pack is the satchel,

mall_hh_masksofdread.gif

Ornate Coffin Satchel

http://impress.openn...-Coffin-Satchel

also the FAQ for the Masks of Dread Event has been finally released too: http://customersuppo...p?folderID=1760

a few very important ones to note:

Can I participate in the NC portion of the Masks of Dread quest event on my side accounts?

Unfortunately, no. Since you also get NP items for completing quests, please do not participate in the Masks of Dread NC event on your side accounts.

Do you have to finish the quest on the day it is given?

You don’t have to finish your quests on the days when they are given, but there may be a special reward for those that do. *wink*

The FAQ also states that for the first day, to allow for earlier time zones to participate as per usual we are being given a day and a half to complete the first one. :) which is why we are being asked to come back on saturday: portions of the quests were not active on the midnight release and only if you stalked the neoboards or fansites you would have been alerted about the event as it was not released until todays news (and the correct map was not active)

I have a question about the masks of dread NC pack. Can you get all the bonus items on the last day, or does it have to be in conjunction with the main masks of dread quests? I was wondering if I could wait it out till the last day, so I know what all the items are. I don't really want to spend the cash without knowing what I'm going to get.

For some reason these types of quest series never really interest me.. I just do it for the free stuff haha XD I think doing the games is more my thing ;3 but I chose the evil mask myself even though it doesnt really work with the theme i have for my neopets right now =/

I am confused about whether I started on the right day: the first day you could do it was the 26th, right? The guide says the 25th, but is that wrong?

I hope I didn't miss a day... and I also hope there's an avatar at the end.

The event started yesterday, the 25th, but due to differences in time zones, TNT is giving a day and a half for the first day. So the second quest will be tomorrow. As long as the first quest is finished before the end of today, it counts as the day of release.

Oh, good point Nika. Does anyone else think there will be an avatar at the end or would they have already said that?

Oh, good point Nika. Does anyone else think there will be an avatar at the end or would they have already said that?

You never know! But as far as I'm aware, there haven't been avatars for any other Masks of Dread event- most yearly events (Festival of Neggs, etc) have a new avatar each year. But there haven't been any for this even up until now, so it seems unlikely to me that there would be one.

They tend to not announce ahead of time when there will be avatars as a prize for an event. :)

Just curious, in the previous years' events, what masks have been released so far? Does anyone have a link?

Here is the TDN article on last years- http://www.thedailyn...masks-of-dread/

Last year was the first year the activity was live. :)

Here is the TDN article on last years- http://www.thedailyn...masks-of-dread/

Last year was the first year the activity was live. :)

Thanks! I'll go check it out.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Cool, Spritzie! I (selfishly) love that they accommodated time zone differences--I'm 11 hours ahead of Neopian time!

And I just put the toothy grin mask on my yurble... he looks so goofy I started to lol :laughingsmiley:

Thank you for posting the solutions :) I'm apparently really bad at solving riddles :P

Thanks for posting! I got the Evil Mask (or whatever they renamed it to today, lol)-- looks better on Ansteigen than the Funny one did yesterday! And yay, a book! :)