I can't take it anymore...

Naamah D.

So I am really worried about finding a job. I need a job where I can wear my baggy men's department attire at all times. When I wear women's clothes I feel like I'm suffocating. Not because they're too tight, but because I don't feel natural in them. I dress like a dude. That makes me happy because I hate wearing skirts, dresses, any other shoes but sneakers and everything in the women's department.

I really want to work in retail. I want to sit infront of a cash registar and stock shelves. My dream job is actually working at Target because nobody will care how I dress outside of work. I just really hate women's clothes.

Finding jobs at the moment seems difficult for everyone really (so attire wouldn't be an important thing for me, unless it was required to wear clothing I couldn't afford I guess). But I don't really see how that would be a problem as long as you look tidy enough/presentable?

I think most retail stores have generic uniforms for their employees so I can see how that would be an ideal job for you... Stocking shelves and such isn't really a bad job actually imo! but I don't think I could ever work at a register xP

Good luck on finding employment, anyway :>

I'm not so sure why you have to where uniforms……And i mnow how you feel skinny jeans feels like there strangling your legs to death…I think they requre uniform to seprate the custmores from worker and don't worry some new jobs will hopefuly pop up

And i don't think uniforms that job provide shouldn't be that psinfull as far as i seen the pants look pretty baggy and if your really sterressed out try taking your mind of it for a secound and relaxe its not like New jobs Will NEVER apper it just takes time. Just take a nap it might take weeks but you'll get there!

I know how you feel about worrying about a job. I've been unemployed for almost six months now.

Sounds like retail would be a great choice for you. Most retail locations around here have a set, gender-neutral uniform. Target, Walmart, Kmart (when we had them), bookstores... And of course fast food locations. For the most part employers with uniforms don't distinguish between men's and women's, they have the same requirement for both. My sister works for a restaurant that only distinguishes between male and female for the sake of sizing. They are otherwise identical. And honestly I don't know any who care what you wear if you're not on the clock.

Plus there is plenty of comfy "professional" attire out there. Suit pants are often much baggier and skinny jeans/tight clothing might even be considered unprofessional at some offices, so I wouldn't worry too much. And you don't need the pricey ones - TJMaxx and those stores always have a good selection of professional wear.

I hear ya tho- my number one requirement for all clothing is that it must be comfy. xD

Hey there,

I understand your frustration over uniforms. I've had this debate with my friends many many times and even once or twice with my employers. I have had two jobs that I absolutely loved but hated the clothes I had to wear. In one of them we were forced to wear khaki pants in a stable... Can you imagine how dirty and stained they got? I understood the need to look professional but man... How good can you look when even your clean pants have stains? So frustrating. Sometimes you just have to pay the bills and the work attire has to be put on the back burner...

I don't know where you live but I know this time of year ski/snowboard shops are hiring and they let you wear whatever you want most of the time. I know someone who owns a snowboard shop and I went in to put in a good word for my friend who had applied for a job that morning. They actually didn't hire him because he was wearing a suit when he came in. I was shocked. He then asked me to work there because at the time I had pink hair. :-) Or a outdoor gear store? They usually have some rules about wearing collared shirts but don't mind baggy pants as most hiking pants are loose fitting. Or even Starbucks? They are a great company to work for. I few of my friends work there and they just have to wear black. As long as the pants aren't ripped or embellished too much no one cares how baggy they are. :-)

Good Luck to you! Searching for a job is THE WORST!

• 2 weeks later...

I also am having a hard time finding a job, except I'd accept anything that came my way(other than illegal activities of course). I just got laid off from being a cashier due to lack of work. People just weren't buying. So my life sucks now too. I'm looking for a new job but you know this whole time I'm out of work is killing me. It's only been a month but wow I'm going crazy. And eventually that money I have saved up is going to diminish. So good luck. But I mean they way you dress shouldn't matter. At my old job, the only requirements were to were black shoes, blue collared shirt & black pants.

I'm like you in some manner. Not that I despise woman's clothing, no. I love skirts, they're so cute! I love form fitting sweaters/hoodies, nice jeans. But, I despise shopping, and I HATE business casual clothes. It bothers me so much that we have to wear "professional" attire. Why does it matter as long as we are clean and professional? I can understand that wearing dirty/worn out clothing may be unacceptable, and perhaps too casual would ruin a fancy mood, but so many places (even cheap) expect it!

Shops are difficult to obtain for everyone. I'm limited enough because I don't drive. Right now, I'm a cashier for a job I've been at for years, and it's not my career job. I'm not happy there, really. I'm a Supervisor but everyone is slowly getting laid off and we keep having to close early because no one comes out to the tourist destination when it's this slow season.

I hate shopping, I find it time consuming. I'm considering just trying to online shop and I'm going to attempt it, soon.

As for not enjoying women's clothing, are you self conscience? I find men's clothing often doesn't look appealing for our figures! I love our bodies, and I encourage everyone to do the same - men's clothes just don't show off our form. :(

I'm like you in some manner. Not that I despise woman's clothing, no. I love skirts, they're so cute! I love form fitting sweaters/hoodies, nice jeans. But, I despise shopping, and I HATE business casual clothes. It bothers me so much that we have to wear "professional" attire. Why does it matter as long as we are clean and professional? I can understand that wearing dirty/worn out clothing may be unacceptable, and perhaps too casual would ruin a fancy mood, but so many places (even cheap) expect it!

Shops are difficult to obtain for everyone. I'm limited enough because I don't drive. Right now, I'm a cashier for a job I've been at for years, and it's not my career job. I'm not happy there, really. I'm a Supervisor but everyone is slowly getting laid off and we keep having to close early because no one comes out to the tourist destination when it's this slow season.

I hate shopping, I find it time consuming. I'm considering just trying to online shop and I'm going to attempt it, soon.

As for not enjoying women's clothing, are you self conscience? I find men's clothing often doesn't look appealing for our figures! I love our bodies, and I encourage everyone to do the same - men's clothes just don't show off our form. :(

No, I'm not self concious. I'm more male in my interest so that's how I show off my interest(Deadpool, comics, video games, trading cards, stuff like that).