Confused about pet trading/pounding.

~Xandria

Okay, so this question may seem a bit stupid... but. I'm trying desperatley to get some of the petpet and neopet avatars out of the way. Since my account is only 8 months old, I only get one transfer in and one out a month. :sad02: I think I have like another year to go before I get two? I could be over-estimating that, but I know it's far off.

Anyways. I didn't know if they reset your transfers on the first day of the month or on the day that you did the transfer? I hope it's the former and not the latter.

Also, I have someone willing to give me a pet with an aged gruslen for the avatar. I was wondering if it would be possible for him to just pound the pet and have me search for it and then me adopt it? Or would this reset the gruslens age? I know the petpets ages aren't reset if you transfer them, but what about when you pound them? I hope not, because this would make my avatar collecting so much easier.

I can't wait until I get multiple transfers a month, but I am very very far off! :sad01_anim:

Thank you for any input.

You certainly could pound the pet and then adopt it. That's what we used to do before TNT created transfers! It won't reset the petpet's age, so you'll still be able to get the avatar. Just be careful, because it's risky. There's a lot of evil auto-adopting software out there that may adopt the pet before you can get to it. Make sure you read lots of guides about transferring through the pound before you try it.

It's reset at the beginning of every month, and there are people on the neoboards who are willing to do pound trades for Petpet avvies :) Some people purposefully give their pets BN and leave them basic so they wont get picked up by anybody else. Try Avatar Chat and you might be able to get all of them pretty quick! I think I got most of them in a day via pound :D

Since my account is only 8 months old, I only get one transfer in and one out a month. :sad02: I think I have like another year to go before I get two? I could be over-estimating that, but I know it's far off.

Anyways. I didn't know if they reset your transfers on the first day of the month or on the day that you did the transfer? I hope it's the former and not the latter.

I think you get one extra transfer for every two years of account age. I wish it was less! And transfers reset on the first day of the mont, don't worry. :)

It's reset at the beginning of every month, and there are people on the neoboards who are willing to do pound trades for Petpet avvies :) Some people purposefully give their pets BN and leave them basic so they wont get picked up by anybody else. Try Avatar Chat and you might be able to get all of them pretty quick! I think I got most of them in a day via pound :D

Hm, I didn't realize so many people did pound transfers! That would definitely be a quicker way to do it, but I think I'm too much of a scaredy cat for fear of losing the pets!

Thank you so much everyone! That was really very helpful. I know this is off-topic, but is TNT good at catching these auto-adopters/auto refreshes? I don't get how a software could be so advanced to know whether it was adopting a rare pet or a average one. That's so strange. Also the people who use some kind of software to get rare items from the shops before anyone else can. So very aggravating. I hope they all get frozen eventually.

This page discusses many of the issues you asked about. There's a little table that shows the transfers you get absed on your account age :D

Thank you so much everyone! That was really very helpful. I know this is off-topic, but is TNT good at catching these auto-adopters/auto refreshes? I don't get how a software could be so advanced to know whether it was adopting a rare pet or a average one. That's so strange. Also the people who use some kind of software to get rare items from the shops before anyone else can. So very aggravating. I hope they all get frozen eventually.

Eventually TNT will catch the auto-adopters. And it will help if users catch them and then report the auto-adopter. Well you won't be getting an extra transfer for you account for a while, 1 1/3 years. (16 months) I am waiting for my third transfer too which is coming in about the same time as your second transfer.

How would the average neopet's user know when someone is auto-adopting? And geez, that is such a long time!