Deleting Posts?

Koralis

Is there a way to delete your post?

I was attempting to edit one of my posts so I didn't double post. I clicked on the 'edit' button and then clicked on quote, so I could response to someone else's post. However, the quoted part went to the new text box and I didn't realize it, I thought it would just pop up in the edit box. So I replied and submitted it before I realized that just caused me to double post.

I looked around for a way to merge the two posts into one, whether it be by deleting the second or whatever, but I could find nothing.

I am just overlooking the way to do this, or is it just not possible? Do I have to rely on a moderator to rectify my double post situation?

I was in the same situation. I simply put my words in red to catch the moderators attention, and requested that they delete the post. I received no penalty, thankfully. I do find it somewhat odd that this board doesn't give members their own option to delete their own posts; but perhaps that may be a good option in our future?

I think it would be a good option to make that ability available to members. I mean, I made a genuine mistake, I acknowledge it and wanted to fix it so I wouldn't be penalized, but it doesn't seem possible. Plus, it would save the moderators work if members could delete their own posts if they've realized they double posted.

If you report your own post because of a goof, you don't get penalized for it. Though I do agree being able to delete your own would make things quicker and easier for everyone.

*high-fives Crimmy for posting on the same minute*

I don't think it is possible to self-delete currently. It really is no big deal if you self report, we understand mistakes are human and will fix it for you without penalty. Your posts have been merged. :)

However, if you start self-reporting 10 posts a day, we may ask you to double check before posting. :P Once in a while is perfectly fine and normal.

I considered reporting it, but I didn't want to accidentally abuse that either. I read the fine print on that page and it said only to report if the message contained objectionable content and not for other communication with moderators. I thought objectionable was more like swearing/insensitivity/insults, etc., whereas 'other communication' would be me asking someone to merge the posts because I double posted. I will keep in mind though that I can self-report in case that ever happens again!

When you report a topic it can be if someone has double posted, the 7 word rule wasn't followed, etc. Just before you hit submit report type a little message to the mods and they will handle it. This is a way for members to alert mods of issues on the boards without backseat modding. So if you accidentally double post you can report your post and ask the mods to rectify the situation.

Okay, thanks everyone for the help! That clears up all the questions/concerns I had about violating the rules/reporting.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Neomysterion if you have any questions regarding this action.