All about Neoquest!

lwarlen

EDIT: O..M...G....I FINALLY reached level 50 to fight Jahbal on Insane mode and in like 5 minutes....he stunned me for 3 turns and killed me....now I'm back to level 1 in the very beginning x'D

*goes to cry in corner*

I sorry you lost to Jahbal if I lost to Jahbal I never play NQ again

Well thankfully I realized what I could do to improve so I just need the time to really start playing again...I'm level 6 on NQ now :3

Did anyone else like me just played NQ without using much guides so you had like 10 skill points on Life Weapons or something? x'D *whistles*

Well I did that on Beginner level only and learned along the way to invest in Shock and Spectral so thank goodness I didn't do such a thing on Evil or Insane xD

I actually looked at one of the guides mentioned here and I saw that I could have used 4 of my points invested on Life Weapons (I like to heal!) into Spectral and made myself at least a little more resistant to elemental damage (since that's how he got me).

Hi, I am starting neo-quest. Can someone tell me what to buy with my skill points.

In all the guides I read they advice you to go for the stun magic! I just spread out my points on everything and now I'm not good at anything >__< but I don't feel like restarting either so just pick wisely :)

In all the guides I read they advice you to go for the stun magic! I just spread out my points on everything and now I'm not good at anything >__< but I don't feel like restarting either so just pick wisely :)

? Fire Magic - Skill Name Level ? Fire Weapons - ? Firepower - ? Fire Ball - ? Wall of Flame - ? Ice Magic - Skill Name Level ? Ice Weapons - ? Heart of Ice - ? Snowball - ? Glacier Strike - ? Shock Magic - Skill Name Level ? Shock Weapons - ? Disable - ? Fortitude - ? Shockwave - ? Spectral Magic - Skill Name Level ? Spectral Weapons - ? Evasion - ? Absorption - ? Reflex - ? Life Magic - Skill Name Level ? Life Weapons - ? Field Medic - ? Lifesteal - ? Resurrection -

Which do I go for?

I followed TDNs guide when I first started.

http://www.thedailyn...eginners-guide/

I didn't invest any into Fire or Ice at ANY point in the game. I spread it out more or less evenly between Shock, Spectral, and Life (but don't bother with Resurrection in Life- I died a couple of times, and despite having four-ish points in it, I was never resurrected. It saves you a tiny bit of time, but not worth it in the end, I think!). I had no problem beating the end boss at all, even with the wasted points in Resurrection. So yeah, focus on the last three types, I say!

(I also went for Life weapons. Early in the game there's no difference, but later on the Life ones are definitely superior!)

When I first started out, I actually invested in some Ice skills along with Shock, Spectral, and especially Life.

If this is your first time playing, then feel free to play however you want in my opinion! Beginner level isn't that hard and you can beat the game even if you invested in Fire/Ice. It's just more preferred to invest in what Rebecca mentioned.

I restarted NQ weeks ago and if you want, you can pick the same skill points I did xD

Life Weapon: 1

Field Medic: 1

Lifesteal: 1

Spectral Weapon: 1

Evasion: 1

Absorption: 1

Reflex: 1

Then level up a few times in the beginning area getting one skill point invested in all the Shock section. Afterwards feel free to put more into Life since that will save you a LOT!

Once you get to Evil though, ditch the Fire/Ice and Resurrection xD

I actually suggest investing in life points first. When I play, I can't get enough extra life points!

I followed the guides on In-Depth Neoquest at www.idnq-guide.com.

Name: sharkbait_nemo_2000 | Level: 1 | Health: 13/25 exp_green.gifexp_gray.gif

Experience: 0 exp_gold.gifexp_green.gifexp_gray.gif | Difficulty: Normal

You defeated a plains aisha!

lupe_win.gif

A plains aisha whimpers as it runs away, cowering!

A plains aisha was carrying a Weak Healing Potion!

A plains aisha was carrying glowing stone!

You gain 111 experience points for defeating this creature!

• 3 weeks later...

[EDIT: O..M...G....I FINALLY reached level 50 to fight Jahbal on Insane mode and in like 5 minutes....he stunned me for 3 turns and killed me....now I'm back to level 1 in the very beginning x'D

*goes to cry in corner*]

Oh, that is brutal! The neogods have not been kind to you! I'll be honest, that is exactly why I am petrified to play either game on Insane....I have a bad habit of rage-quitting and sulking when I lose lengthy battles *lol* I died near the end of NQII on evil (I still say it was a page refresh glitch that caused me to click the wrong button!!), and even though I didn't lose very much progress, it still took me two months before I was calm enough to try finishing the game!

Congrats!

For some reason, I seem to be stuck on Gors, even though I'm overleveled for him LOL

Gors is the WORST! I am about halfway through on Evil, and he got me like 3x when I played in normal and once this time around even though I thought I was prepared. When I do Insane I am going to make sure I'm like 5 levels above him...

• 4 weeks later...

I got back to NQ1 recently, and I'm now working towards getting the silver trophy, wohoo (now at Temple of Roo).

Gors is the WORST! I am about halfway through on Evil, and he got me like 3x when I played in normal and once this time around even though I thought I was prepared. When I do Insane I am going to make sure I'm like 5 levels above him...

I am overleveling for most bosses, because I don't want a nasty surprise like that. During my normal game, my character died twice when I played on the "recommended" level. I'd rather be careful, because walking back is dreadful (and dying in Evil and Insane mode will make me ragequit).

• 3 weeks later...

Started NQII again - I always seem to finish Act I and then leave it for a couple of months and start over. Hoping to stick with it this time, since I want the trophy!

Good luck! I think NQII gets a lot better and more exciting once you get Mipsy, so I encourage you to stick it out after Act I so you can pick her up. I'm really proud of my NQII trophy, so I hope you can make it!