All about Neoquest!

lwarlen

I am so happy to find this thread! It's difficult to get help on the neoboards as the NQ ones are so slow *lol* So I have beaten both NQI and NQII on evil and I am extremely nervous to go for Insane. For those of you who have completed both on Insane, which was easier/faster for you?

I am so happy to find this thread! It's difficult to get help on the neoboards as the NQ ones are so slow *lol* So I have beaten both NQI and NQII on evil and I am extremely nervous to go for Insane. For those of you who have completed both on Insane, which was easier/faster for you?

I'm very close to beating NQ1 on Insane mode so I can't really tell you which one was faster but I personally felt that NQ2 was probably easier to do on Insane mode.

I say this mainly because on NQ1, you only have one member and losing him at any point is an instant game over while in NQ2, you will eventually have a full party and VELM!

You have to be cautious on both games either way, but I personally find NQ2 easier and actually more fun ^^

I'm very close to beating NQ1 on Insane mode so I can't really tell you which one was faster but I personally felt that NQ2 was probably easier to do on Insane mode.

I say this mainly because on NQ1, you only have one member and losing him at any point is an instant game over while in NQ2, you will eventually have a full party and VELM!

You have to be cautious on both games either way, but I personally find NQ2 easier and actually more fun ^^

Yes, that makes a lot of sense. I do love being able to heal in the field with Velm, and the whole story is a lot more fun :) Thanks for your input: I think I will give it a go!

For those of you that might be interested in my problems with loading issues - I'm absolutely convinced it was my internet connection messing up. I switched internet providers this week and the issue is completely gone! So on the off chance that someone else runs into having to reload every same action to get it to register, that's what causes it.

I'm headed into the last bit of NQI now, should be a lot easier moving. I'm pretty comfortable with battling, so the loading thing will make this last bit a lot more fun! I can't wait to get started on NQII.

For those of you that might be interested in my problems with loading issues - I'm absolutely convinced it was my internet connection messing up. I switched internet providers this week and the issue is completely gone! So on the off chance that someone else runs into having to reload every same action to get it to register, that's what causes it.

I'm headed into the last bit of NQI now, should be a lot easier moving. I'm pretty comfortable with battling, so the loading thing will make this last bit a lot more fun! I can't wait to get started on NQII.

Oh yay! I'm glad it's fixed. :D Hahha, I bet things will go so much faster when things actualy load. ;3

NQII isn't bad, it's just long. The only parts that get incessant and annoying are the Terror Mountain Act and Faerieland, especially after you're completely leveled up and just trying to get through the ridiculously long stages.

And is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble with trying to collect items from a monster in NQI after you're too high a level to get experience from them? I'm level 15 and have killed hundreds of plain Aishas/Lupes and no glowing stones.

Can anyone explain to me what is the worth of the prizes you get from Neoquest and Neoquest2. I might try them.

10k + a bronze trophy for NeoQuest II on Normal.

30k + an item (they're worth less than 30k on average now, eek) + a silver trophy for NeoQuest II on Evil.

50k+ an item (which is worth either 1 mill or 300k NPs, and they're all HTS) + a gold trophy for NeoQuest II on InSaNe.

NQI just gives you trophies.

10k + a bronze trophy for NeoQuest II on Normal.

30k + an item (they're worth less than 30k on average now, eek) + a silver trophy for NeoQuest II on Evil.

50k+ an item (which is worth either 1 mill or 300k NPs, and they're all HTS) + a gold trophy for NeoQuest II on InSaNe.

NQI just gives you trophies.

How long do they take? i might wanna try.

Ahh, good to hear Zombiiesque! :D

I'm currently in the Jungle Ruins, just a map away from Gors. I'm hoping to finish Temple of Roo next week, so I can be where I left off last time.

Oh yay! I'm glad it's fixed. :D Hahha, I bet things will go so much faster when things actualy load. ;3

Thank you both! Yeah, it's super nice.

NQII isn't bad, it's just long. The only parts that get incessant and annoying are the Terror Mountain Act and Faerieland, especially after you're completely leveled up and just trying to get through the ridiculously long stages.

And is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble with trying to collect items from a monster in NQI after you're too high a level to get experience from them? I'm level 15 and have killed hundreds of plain Aishas/Lupes and no glowing stones.

Most definitely - I've only ever done normal, as this is the first time I've tried it - but I ended up having to go back and get glowing stones and it took FOREVER to get them because they didn't seem to want to drop them once I reached a higher level.

How long do they take? i might wanna try.

Depends on how much time you're spending to play the games xD

Think of a normal RPG kind of game...it can take hours to play and beat NQ so play it during your free time with music or tv on. Or be like me and only play when you restock....and then don't restock or play for a month xD

Just remember, if you plan on playing NQ1, your active pet will be the "save file" and can only continue with that same pet for NQ1. NQ2 doesn't have that thankfully!

I myself had the same problem. There were a few items that took about a week on and off (probably 6 hours or so straight playing) for me to get...I was beginning to think my game was glitched :P

You learn early on while playing NQ1 that just about EVERY upgrade will require a Glowing Stone! I would suggest training in the beginning around the mountain area fighting the Plains Aishas and Plains Lupes before going on your adventure.

I would say get over 5+ glowing stones before going to the Dank Cave (if you're like me and always make both armor/robe lolz). Because after you start your adventure and travel to other locations, the only other place to find glowing stones are in the Temple of Roo (Level 1). ALL the golems found there (except the Stone Golems) have a chance of dropping glowing stones so that's where you can farm for them at a higher level.

Enemies that Drop Glowing Stones:

400003_aplainscougar.gif400002_aplainswolf.gif400095_anirongolem.gif400103_asandgolem.gif400097_asteelgolem.gif

400105_aglassgolem.gif400093_astonegolem.gif400107_acrystalgolem.gif400091_arockgolem.gif

EDIT: O..M...G....I FINALLY reached level 50 to fight Jahbal on Insane mode and in like 5 minutes....he stunned me for 3 turns and killed me....now I'm back to level 1 in the very beginning x'D

*goes to cry in corner*

You learn early on while playing NQ1 that just about EVERY upgrade will require a Glowing Stone! I would suggest training in the beginning around the mountain area fighting the Plains Aishas and Plains Lupes before going on your adventure.

I would say get over 5+ glowing stones before going to the Dank Cave (if you're like me and always make both armor/robe lolz). Because after you start your adventure and travel to other locations, the only other place to find glowing stones are in the Temple of Roo (Level 1). ALL the golems found there (except the Stone Golems) have a chance of dropping glowing stones so that's where you can farm for them at a higher level.

Enemies that Drop Glowing Stones:

400003_aplainscougar.gif400002_aplainswolf.gif400095_anirongolem.gif400103_asandgolem.gif400097_asteelgolem.gif

400105_aglassgolem.gif400093_astonegolem.gif400107_acrystalgolem.gif400091_arockgolem.gif

EDIT: O..M...G....I FINALLY reached level 50 to fight Jahbal on Insane mode and in like 5 minutes....he stunned me for 3 turns and killed me....now I'm back to level 1 in the very beginning x'D

*goes to cry in corner*

Ugh, no! I'm so sorry D: God, I can't even imagine how terrible that is for you. D:

Never tried keyquest before, but gonna start today when I get home.

Never really gave Neoquest a thought, but after reading this topic I have become really eager to get started :)

The game sounds like a lot of fun!

*goes to cry in corner*

That's precisely what I'm afraid is going to happen to me! I'm too nervous to fight him.

That's precisely what I'm afraid is going to happen to me! I'm too nervous to fight him.

I've done it. I was so afraid it would happen to me, but it didn't.

Once you get past Mastermind, you've pretty much won. Xantan Reborn is cake.

It was just very bad luck on my part. I'm going to try again when I FEEL like it (not for a long time) but don't be discouraged :3

I'm going to re-evaluate my strategy and see what I can do for next time...because him killing me when I had over 230 HP is just not right x'D

It was just very bad luck on my part. I'm going to try again when I FEEL like it (not for a long time) but don't be discouraged :3

I'm going to re-evaluate my strategy and see what I can do for next time...because him killing me when I had over 230 HP is just not right x'D

I'm still so sad for you. At least you have a beautiful forum set LOL

That is great to hear.

Any advice for the bosses? I'm around the middle of NeoQuest I on Evil.

I'm still so sad for you. At least you have a beautiful forum set LOL

That is great to hear.

Any advice for the bosses? I'm around the middle of NeoQuest I on Evil.

http://www.neopets.com/~Wiggles_33tc

http://www.neopets.com/~ladygisma

http://www.neopets.com/~NeoQuestBossLevels

Use those (follow NeoQuestBossLevels, NOT Wiggles for boss levels), and you'll be fine. :)

Thanks for the compliment xD

I guess because I hardly used guides besides maps and that boss levels one...I think I see where I came wrong D:

I invested my extra points for Life skills when I could have used them for more Spectral :/

At least I love NQ enough to try again when I can ^^ Even started NQ2 again on Evil for the fun of it!

Thanks for the encouragement. Still not sure when I'll get up the courage to try to take him on, but it's growing!

Thanks for the compliment xD

I guess because I hardly used guides besides maps and that boss levels one...I think I see where I came wrong D:

I invested my extra points for Life skills when I could have used them for more Spectral :/

At least I love NQ enough to try again when I can ^^ Even started NQ2 again on Evil for the fun of it!

People like you deserve an avvy/trophy for rebeating the game.

Thanks for the encouragement. Still not sure when I'll get up the courage to try to take him on, but it's growing!

You should go for it. The worst you can do is lose, meaning you have a 50% (greater if you're max level) shot at getting the trophy.

And if you don't try, you have a 0% shot.

It's totally worth trying, because you're more likely to win.