What is the Altador Cup?

~Xandria

Hi guys! I think I may have joined neopets just after The Altador Cup this year. I've heard lots of members talk about it and I've seen trohpies on some users accounts, etc.

I'm really curious to know what exactly this is and how I can participate next year. If someone could explain to me the basics, I'd really appreciate it.

(I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, MODS feel free to delete if it has.)

The Altador Cup is really an interactive sporting event that Neopets holds every June. There's four games that people can play to rack up points for the Altador Cup Prize Shop and to get a better trophy for their account.

The games consist of:

Yooyuball (12 AC Points per win)- Mainly Neopets' answer to similar sports like soccer and football. You will be fighting against an enemy team (and it changes each day, too), and you have to get the Yooyuball into the enemy's goal as much as you can before time runs out. Keep in mind that it gets increasingly harder goal after goal since the enemy team gets gradually faster.

Slushie Slinger (6 AC Points per score send of 300 points or more)- This is really Neopets' answer to Root Beer Tapper. You have to give the customer the designated flavour slushie that he wants before he heads over to the end of the counter for more points, giving him the wrong flavour will give reduced points.

Make Some Noise (1 AC Point per score send of 3,000 points or more)- Tap two given keys on the keyboard (random every game) as fast as you can. Best played on low quality since it lags on higher quality.

Shootout Showdown (1 AC Point per score send of 650 points or more)- Shoot five balls into the goal before time runs out. Make sure it doesn't bump into the Jelly Chia goalie, or you have to try to get it in again.

Here's our Altador Cup page if you like to check out more about the Altador Cup: http://www.thedailyneopets.com/altador-cup/index/

The Altador Cup is really an interactive sporting event that Neopets holds every June. There's four games that people can play to rack up points for the Altador Cup Prize Shop and to get a better trophy for their account.

The games consist of:

Yooyuball (12 AC Points per win)- Mainly Neopets' answer to similar sports like soccer and football. You will be fighting against an enemy team (and it changes each day, too), and you have to get the Yooyuball into the enemy's goal as much as you can before time runs out. Keep in mind that it gets increasingly harder goal after goal since the enemy team gets gradually faster.

Slushie Slinger (6 AC Points per score send of 300 points or more)- This is really Neopets' answer to Root Beer Tapper. You have to give the customer the designated flavour slushie that he wants before he heads over to the end of the counter for more points, giving him the wrong flavour will give reduced points.

Make Some Noise (1 AC Point per score send of 3,000 points or more)- Tap two given keys on the keyboard (random every game) as fast as you can. Best played on low quality since it lags on higher quality.

Shootout Showdown (1 AC Point per score send of 650 points or more)- Shoot five balls into the goal before time runs out. Make sure it doesn't bump into the Jelly Chia goalie, or you have to try to get it in again.

Here's our Altador Cup page if you like to check out more about the Altador Cup: http://www.thedailyn...ador-cup/index/

Thanks so much for breaking that down for me. Really appreciated. It sounds like a lot of fun. Do you play on your own or join teams? Is the opposing team just a computer or are you going up against actual neopets players? Oh and when does the next one start? Again, sorry for so many questions.

you play on your own against a computer AI (which is err.. not that intelligent) but your scores will contribute towards your team's score. the Altador Cup Chat (neoboards) have groups that track the progress of the team(based off scores submitted my players) and have people focus on games that they think their team needs to work on to win against other teams

it starts about the same time each year, so the next one won't be until next year about June, and the format can always change :) TNT like changing things up every now and then :P

Okay, I see. How are teams/players decided? Do you just join whichever team you want? Thank you for the helpful replies! It sucks that it has to be so far away..... *sighs*

Okay, I see. How are teams/players decided? Do you just join whichever team you want? Thank you for the helpful replies! It sucks that it has to be so far away..... *sighs*

Your teams results depends on the average amount of games played by the whole team, so if you have players that just join and do nothing that is bringing your team down. You even get NC and some prizes based on your team each year. 100NC this year, not sure if it changes. You get a special trophy on your look-up if you pass rank 1. The higher the rank the better the trophy and prizes.