Inappropriate Pet Name?

Bisque

Hi everyone! I just have a question. I discovered an old, old account I used to have when I first started playing neopets, and I have a UC on there, which is great. But in the pet's name is "Seksy" and I was just wondering if this is deemed inappropriate and will the pet be deleted/account frozen, etc? Thanks so much!

Hi everyone! I just have a question. I discovered an old, old account I used to have when I first started playing neopets, and I have a UC on there, which is great. But in the pet's name is "Seksy" and I was just wondering if this is deemed inappropriate and will the pet be deleted/account frozen, etc? Thanks so much!

I don't think so. But another user could report you but the chances are that wouldn't work because a monitor will be watching, not real people. BTW what is a UC, its a stupid question but....

It's possible that it might be deleted... it is quite close to Sexy.

I heard that all the old inappropriate names were deleted a long time ago, but that's just something I've heard around the boards and may not be true. I've seen some semi-inappropriate UCs on the boards being traded, and they seem to be okay. You could send a ticket to TNT and ask them?

I don't think so. But another user could report you but the chances are that wouldn't work because a monitor will be watching, not real people. BTW what is a UC, its a stupid question but....

UC means Unconverted. Check out this petpage /~koneko ^^

It's possible that it might be deleted... it is quite close to Sexy.

I heard that all the old inappropriate names were deleted a long time ago, but that's just something I've heard around the boards and may not be true. I've seen some semi-inappropriate UCs on the boards being traded, and they seem to be okay. You could send a ticket to TNT and ask them?

I think that's a great idea - I'll send TNT a ticket and make sure that it's ok. It would be such a shame if it were deleted, it's so cute ;~;

I really hope it is!! I'm sure TNT will be reasonable, I have seen some pretty risque UCs UFT and they're still around :3 It might work to your advantage that the pet is unconverted (at least I reckon it will :P).

Let us know how it goes!

Well there you have it! :P I thought I'd heard something like that before.

I really hope it's all cool beans hun :3

because it is UC it will probably be grandfathered (i.e. it is inappropriate but since it has been around so long they will allow it.)

I didn't even know about the idea of "grandfathering" but that gives me some hope! I hope everything works out. I'll definitely let you guys know how it goes. :)

I'm not 100% sure, but I *think* I remember hearing something about TNT contacting a person about one of their names being inappropriate (I believe it ws an old or UC pet as well), but giving them the option to change it? I honestly don't remember where I saw/heard this, but it may also be an option, especially if you yourself took the time to contact TNT to make sure everything was ok.

I'm not 100% sure, but I *think* I remember hearing something about TNT contacting a person about one of their names being inappropriate (I believe it ws an old or UC pet as well), but giving them the option to change it? I honestly don't remember where I saw/heard this, but it may also be an option, especially if you yourself took the time to contact TNT to make sure everything was ok.

That would be a dream come true! Though I'm really just crossing my fingers that her name won't be an issue. She's nine years old :O

I really never heard of them changing a name... it could be possible though. I do remember someone here having an UC deleted because of an inapropriate name. they sent in a ticket saying how they traded for it and all, and because the pet was so old they gave it back to them...

They do grandfather. Actually, i believe my username would be deemed inappropriate now (because of the 666 and religious stuff, blabla...) but back when I created it they weren't strict in that so they will allow it. It would be kind of sad if they punished yyou now for something someone else did way back, AND when it was still allowed..

As others have said, I think it should be fine, but I would definitely check with TNT themselves! I haven't heard of them changing a pets name (i think they've said somewhere before that changing pet or user names would screw with their database or something), but hopefully you will be fine since the pet is so old. If it was inappropriate, they should have taken action years ago. :)

Yeah, I'm starting to think I'm imagining the name change business. Grandfathering is definitely a possibility though

because it is UC it will probably be grandfathered (i.e. it is inappropriate but since it has been around so long they will allow it.)

Actually, I had read some time ago about a UC pet being removed for having an inappropriate name (although it was hardly inappropriate, someone just got report happy) and I haven't kept up with the status of their pet - if they got it back or not. I would send in an ticket inquiring about your pet to see if you're safe just in case something like this does happen. I wouldn't rest easy on "grandfathering" because with TNT, it's always better safe than sorry.