Yay for going to France tonight

arkwright

Two reasons for posting this, but most importantly its letting you know I probably won`t post as much (if at all) for the next six days, as in about three hours I am catching the Eurostar to Paris.

I`m very excited, as its the first time I`ve been away with the boyfriend - he`s there already and picking me up. The only thing is, by the time I get there it`ll be almost midnight.

Basically, au revoir TDN :)

A trip to France sounds wonderful, I hope you have a great time c:

(Take pictures! c; )

Paris sounds absolutely awesome! Have a great time! :D We'll be here when you get back.

Good thinking; when I get back I could post some of the pictures I take on this board.

And aye, it is a vacation. One in which I do a lot of art, but one nonetheless.

That sounds so lovely! I hope you have a wonderful time :3

Thank you for all the nice messages; I just got back. I had an amazing time! Truly did so. We did everything. By everything I mean the Louvre, Montmartre, Pere Lachaise, Army Museum (that was more the boyfriend's idea, and we ended up six hours in there - SIX HOURS!) ... Twas wonderful. I have photographs and all, but quite too many to upload, but here are a few of my favourites because I promised to upload some.

246953_4056684229451_1100620237_n.jpg

This was at Napoleon's tomb. The boyf such a history boffin insisted on coming here ... Twice!

309149_4056688429556_714542879_n.jpg

And this one made me laugh so much because here he is doing a crazy stare next to Napoleon's coat.

551751_4056702869917_1889886891_n.jpg

Versailles, for you all to see. The place was massive.

547089_4056711150124_1166075804_n.jpg

The Sacre-Coeur, from outside. Very lovely and cool inside, made such a change from the 30 odd degrees outside.

526201_4056713150174_1738791508_n.jpg

And finally another interesting frescoe. They were everywhere, seriously.

Wow, nice pictures! Looks like you had a good time. I went to France once but never got to see Versailles - so jealous! :D

In my opinion, whilst Versailles was beautiful and all - it was very, very touristy. Had to queue for about an hour to even get in - and then once in all the rooms were so packed one could hardly see a thing. This would be my only criticism, its a shame when amazing places get like that.

But definitely if you go back, take a visit there. Maybe go in the morning when its less crowded though ;)