Stock market help board.

~Xandria

Hello everyone. I've been lurking on these forums for awhile and finally decided to join. I see a help guide for pretty much everything neopet-related, except the stock market.

So, I've been playing on the stock market for about a month now. I've been working on getting my stock portifolio up. Lately though none of my stocks have been going up. Some of them have made it to 30% but some are in the -60's.

I know A LOT of neopets users have been able to get rich using the stock market.

I have been buying stocks everyday for a month at 15-17np's a share and I don't sell until I hit 30. It's been taking a LONG time though.

Anyways. Please feel free to share any and all of your stock tips here. Also post questions if you need too. :)

Hello everyone. I've been lurking on these forums for awhile and finally decided to join. I see a help guide for pretty much everything neopet-related, except the stock market.

So, I've been playing on the stock market for about a month now. I've been working on getting my stock portifolio up. Lately though none of my stocks have been going up. Some of them have made it to 30% but some are in the -60's.

I know A LOT of neopets users have been able to get rich using the stock market.

I have been buying stocks everyday for a month at 15-17np's a share and I don't sell until I hit 30. It's been taking a LONG time though.

Anyways. Please feel free to share any and all of your stock tips here. Also post questions if you need too. :)

First of all:

1) Buy 1000 shares per day.

2) You will have to wait for it to go up.

3) As soon as you make a profit like 4k+ per 1000 shares. SELL! You never know. It might go back down.

4) You will have to have a base amount to start with.

5) The only way you can get rich is if you have like 1000 shares per day for like a month and then sell.

Thank you for those tips. I've been buying 1000 shares a day, everyday, for a month now.

I really hope it pays off for me soon!

So you're saying as soon as I make 4k at a stock I should sell?

Hmm, I thought most people waited to make more of a profit, but maybe that's only when they have more neopoints

put into there stocks.

There is also one thing about the stock market I don't understand.

People who have been using the stock market for a long time now tell me they have like 5000 plus of each stock.

So, does this mean they buy these stocks even when they are selling at 20np's plus?

I hope that question makes sense.....

There is also one thing about the stock market I don't understand.

People who have been using the stock market for a long time now tell me they have like 5000 plus of each stock.

So, does this mean they buy these stocks even when they are selling at 20np's plus?

I hope that question makes sense.....

Nope! They just generally have a higher sell point than you, or have been collecting their stocks for longer. Many people wait until their stocks are at 45, or even 60 points before selling.

In order to make a lot off of the stock market, you really have to be patient. I've been investing in it for about six months, and I've probably sold just 15-20k shares? But I wait until they're at 60 before selling, so I make a really nice profit. Most of mine are in the negative at the moment. That's just how it goes sometimes.

Just remember that no stocks have gone bankrupt in years, and that all stocks will eventually go up again.

Oh look! We has a guide for that! (honestly, I just like mocking the app store)

Seriously though, your best asset with the market is patience. You have to be willing to wait for a stock to go up in price to start making the best profits.

Rebecca! Thank you! That was very helpful. ^^

And Emily, thanks for the guide! I'll be sure and check it out.

Rebecca! Thank you! That was very helpful. ^^

And Emily, thanks for the guide! I'll be sure and check it out.

Oh yay, I'm glad it was helpful! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

The stock market can be really intimidating at first, but soon you'll get the hang of it. :D I know that after my first month or so, I was kicking myself for not starting sooner!

you can visit neodaq.info. they have a guide there.

Here's another guide:

http://www.neopets.com/~SilverCyanide2

Hope you enjoy!

Don't worry--a month really isn't long. Stocks are great for long term gain. It took me a long time before I started using the stock market, and I wish I'd started sooner.

What you're doing now is good--buying at 15 and selling at 30. After a while, though, I recommend increasing your sell point even higher. I sell at 60. It doesn't yield you very many sells right away, but after a while you have a nice investment in your portfolio, and every once in a while, you make a million.

Warning you now, though: I have about five million invested in my portfolio. But hey, make that amount with stocks selling at 30 (you make an expected 15k per day, so that takes less than a year) and having a huge portfolio doesn't seem so scary.

Bargain stocks: http://www.neopets.com/stockmarket.phtml?type=list&bargain=true

I always try to buy 1000 shares everyday at 15-16 NPs a share. If no stocks are at 15-16 that day, I don't buy anything. I don't force myself to buy stocks that are above 16 just to meet the 1000 share daily goal.

My goal is usually to double my investment, so when the stock hits 30 or 32, that's usually when I sell. However, I don't sell all my shares. I save 100-200 shares just in case the stock continues to rise, so I can continue to make some more profit.

That's a really good idea you have - The Enigma. I'll keep that in mind. ^^ Thank you everyone for all your helpful responses!

I recommend that you buy 1000 shares everyday even if no stock is at 15-16 because when the time comes to sell (around 3-6 months) you will have an extra 13000 NP if you sell at 30 or more if you sell at 45 or 60. Gradually raise you sell point as you grow your portfolio. Sell around 45 when you have 80000 shares and higher if you have more shares. If you have 1000 shares to sell, sell all at 30. If you have 2000 shares to sell, sell 1000 shares at 30 and 1000 shares at 40.

If you have 3000 shares to sell, sell 2000 shares at 30 and 1000 shares at 45. If you have 4000 shares to sell, sell 2000 shares at 30 and 2000 shares at 40. Remember, you need to diversify. Diversify means that you should not always buy one stock. Try to have 25-30 companies by the time you have 70000-80000 shares. Hope this helps!