Describing neopets to a new user

izibizi

Oh god, I have no idea where I would start. o.o

Yeah, I think that having her go on the kind of guided tour that TNT has set up would be best- I think new users have a checklist to complete.

Probably :rolleyes_anim: First I was like "neopets is so cool really!" and then she was like "okay, what can you do there" "well you can have those pets, and there are paintbrushes, and worlds and games and uhmm.. yea" :shiftyeyes_anim:

Probably :rolleyes_anim: First I was like "neopets is so cool really!" and then she was like "okay, what can you do there" "well you can have those pets, and there are paintbrushes, and worlds and games and uhmm.. yea" :shiftyeyes_anim:

Ahaha yeah, it's not as cool as you think it is when you actually think about it.

I told my girlfriend about it, and I was kind of like, "Um, well, you have pets. And they're cute. And there are games, like this one [i was on Habi at the time], where you have these little bugs, and they're basically your slaves, and you destroy their eggs to make money."

She thought it was cute. XD

Ahaha yeah, it's not as cool as you think it is when you actually think about it.

I told my girlfriend about it, and I was kind of like, "Um, well, you have pets. And they're cute. And there are games, like this one [i was on Habi at the time], where you have these little bugs, and they're basically your slaves, and you destroy their eggs to make money."

She thought it was cute. XD

Haha, they're basically your slaves :b

Tell your friend that Neopets is addictive and challenging - there are so many goals that you can achieve and that's, for me, a big part of the fun c:

You know you're addicted when...

Description: Neopets is the GREATEST PLACE ON THE INTERNET. It's filled with sunshine (Altador) and rainbows (the rainbow pool; fountain) and kittens (angelpuss) and love (EVERYWHERE). It's got EVERYTHING you could possibly ever want on the internet. I mean, come on, it has GAMES. Who needs more?

Where to start: Make a username that you won't be embarrassed about in five years. (Stay away from Justin Bieber or political names...) Make a pet with a name you won't be embarrassed about in five years. Then go to the Dailies page on TDN and start getting free stuff. Then go to the games room and start playing stuff.

When you get the feel for that stuff, get a few toys and grooming items. Just so you can have the experience of playing with your pet. Weehee, this is fun.

Then go exploring around Neopia and see what there is. Visit a new world every day and see what each one has to offer.

After a few weeks, do the Altador Plot :-P Because you can.

At this point, she can figure out what goals she has for herself. She needs to know that there is a battledome. She needs to know that you can paint and customize your pets. Etc. Books? Sure!

Neopets is a virtual pet society where you can have pets , dress them up , paint them , feed them , read to them .. do battle etc ... you can also play lots of games and make Neopoints so you can buy stuff .. there are lots of other interactive activities like the Art Gallery , the Poetry Gallery , and lots of weekly contests and events which reward creativity. Occasionally there is a huge event which lasts for a few months and is called a Plot , which usually involves a land and its inhabitants .. with the typical Hero/Villain elements of epic stories ... there are also annual events such as the GMC , DD and the AC

Description: Neopets is the GREATEST PLACE ON THE INTERNET. It's filled with sunshine (Altador) and rainbows (the rainbow pool; fountain) and kittens (angelpuss) and love (EVERYWHERE). It's got EVERYTHING you could possibly ever want on the internet. I mean, come on, it has GAMES. Who needs more?

Where to start: Make a username that you won't be embarrassed about in five years. (Stay away from Justin Bieber or political names...) Make a pet with a name you won't be embarrassed about in five years. Then go to the Dailies page on TDN and start getting free stuff. Then go to the games room and start playing stuff.

When you get the feel for that stuff, get a few toys and grooming items. Just so you can have the experience of playing with your pet. Weehee, this is fun.

Then go exploring around Neopia and see what there is. Visit a new world every day and see what each one has to offer.

At this point, she can figure out what goals she has for herself. She needs to know that there is a battledome. She needs to know that you can paint and customize your pets. Etc. Books? Sure!

Ahaha this is great! :D I also told her to join us.

Thanks to everyone ^_^ <3

Tell your friend that Neopets is addictive and challenging - there are so many goals that you can achieve and that's, for me, a big part of the fun c:

You know you're addicted when...

Oh, I wanted to start a thread like that XD

As stated above Neopets is a fun online community revolving around your pets. You can customize them, train them, feed them, paint them, etc.

Even if you arent into that sort of thing, there are still plenty of other things you can do

- The games, which are really addictive

- Collecting avatars- You can get 100 without even trying

-Plots- They come around every once in a while

- Contests- Here is where you can show off your skillz

There are also things like the boards and neofriends which makes this site more social

However, these forums are way better.

The checklist when you start is a good idea

This is a really awesome and entertaining description. Nice job.

Bwahahaha the answers in this thread are just awesome! I too would like to have a you know you're addicted when thread. Rebecca, I call my P3's bugs all the time!! Hahaha.

Anyway, when I tell people about Neopets - and I'm an adult! - people look at me a little strange but then I explain to them that it appeals across the ages, and there really is something for everyone. Almost everyone on my FB friends list plays games, so why wouldn't they enjoy the games here? Plus, it's fun getting into collecting and saving for items, and the stock market, and avvies - the list of things to do on Neo is just endless!

I remember trying to explain Neopets to my ex. He tried it out for a few minutes because of how much time he knew I spent on it, but I was utter rubbish when it came to trying to explain the site. It's so full of inside jokes and nostalgia, and there are tons of different parts of the site, and everyone finds their favorite parts and their favorite things to do. Like a lot of people said, just let her take the tour and when she's done, show her the things you personally like to do and try to explain those instead of the entire site. Less confusing that way :P Hopefully she likes it and will stick around. :D

Appeal to their gamer side: "There are hundreds of flash games to play. Even games resembling Sonic!"

Appeal to their girly princess side: "You can obtain animals and dress them up. Even get a princess or faerie pet!"

Appeal to their ADD side: "There's games, pets, avatar collecting, stamp collecting, Online Multiplayer games, Stock market, a site Newspaper, olympic games, seasonal events, random events, a giant omlette and more!"

Appeal to their indifferent side: "What better do you have? Mainstream by doing silly over-18-things or get online and play with awesome pets and loads of games? Seriously."

Appeal the Nike way: "Just do it!"

That's how it'd approach it.

I told a friend of mine about neopets and she got an account. I tried to explain it a bit to here but I didn't know where to start :D

Could you help me describing it?

Tell her to watch out for scammers that might try to get good items, and tell her about some valuable thing that she might get tricked into giving away.

Appeal to their gamer side: "There are hundreds of flash games to play. Even games resembling Sonic!"

Appeal to their girly princess side: "You can obtain animals and dress them up. Even get a princess or faerie pet!"

Appeal to their ADD side: "There's games, pets, avatar collecting, stamp collecting, Online Multiplayer games, Stock market, a site Newspaper, olympic games, seasonal events, random events, a giant omlette and more!"

Appeal to their indifferent side: "What better do you have? Mainstream by doing silly over-18-things or get online and play with awesome pets and loads of games? Seriously."

Appeal the Nike way: "Just do it!"

That's how it'd approach it.

Ha! If i wasnt already on neo, that would have convinced me to join lol