Key Quest and Habitarium

gingerew

I'm thinking of starting to play Key Quest and/or Habitarium. I've never played either so I'm a total noob but I've heard that they can both be pretty rewarding as far as NP goes. I was wondering what people think about these games! Are they fun? Are they difficult? Can you make a lot of NP from them? Any opinions are welcome :)

Habitarium is super awesome. It's not hard, but it time consuming to get to the point where it is really profitable (level 50). Soooo worth it though. When I leave it open 24 hours a day, I can make 100k off of it-- doing practically nothing. I set it up, and leave it. As long as it is checked and reset every 8~ hours, you're good to go. (The workers get tired in about 8 hours, and will stop collecting).

The P3s are super cute, but I don't know if I would call it 'fun'. You don't really actively play it- you set everything up, and then leave the P3s to do their thing. You can surf Neopets or other websites in another tab, and they'll keep working away.

I have some problems with KeyQuest, as it lags horribly on my computer. Again not really hard, but games can take a while, and you sometimes have people quit on you. I would recommend finding a KeyQuest partner from TDN if possible, so you know them, and know they won't quit becuase they're losing! Even 'bad' keys can give you good prizes, and Codestones and Neggs are very common prizes, and you occasionally get lucky and get a cheapish (30-70k) Paint Brush, or piece of the Secret Lab Map! :)

With KeyQuest, the only thing I would really say is hard is the mini games. I am absolutely atrocious at them. Generally they're just for NP, but you can also win power ups from them, or keys, so being good at them is a definite boon!

Lots of people find Key Quest really fun- as long as they don't have their opponent drop out of the game. XD I find it slightly annoying, mostly because of how much it lags on my computer.

I agree with what Rebecca said. Both games can be time consuming and can really wear down your computer if it doesn't have a lot of ram, but they're totally worth it. I'd be more than happy to befriend you to help you out in Habitarium or play KQ with you sometimes. :) Be aware of people that like to raid you in Habi. It isn't horrible but some people find it annoying. And of course there are the KQ quitters that drop out of games right before you win.

yup rebecca pretty much said it all. key quest and habitarium and pretty much my main sources of income. habi is easy since you don't have to do much. the only thing i don't like about key quest is the quitters. so its better to play with people you know. so feel free to add me for help on habitarium or to play key quest. i can also gift you items on habi.

Oh, and like the others, I'd be happy to friend you and help you out on Habi! :) You are able to assist people you are neofriends with by fixing their resources and stuff, and you are also able to give them an item (a storage, nest, house, etc) once every 24 hours. So if you want the help, I (and many others) would be happy to help you out! :D

I got fed up with my habi about a month a go, I went back to it 2 days a go and it took about an hour to get everything sorted. Just pointing out it is easy to get it going again, even if it was a total mess like mine was ^_^

I'd say Keyquest is how I make the majority of my neopoints. I enjoy habitarium as well, I'm not too advanced at it but I do make quite a bit from that as well. I'd definitely recommend checking out both. Keyquest gets easier the more you play and even if you don't win, you'll always walk away with something plus some neopoints.

Key quest can both be really fun and really frustrating, but you always win something, as long as your opponent(s) don't quit on you. Habitarium is profitable, but really, really boring and I find that it's quite rough on my computer. Or it was on the computer I had when I last played, may not be so bad on better computers.

Do the P3s work slower when there isn't a Habitarium tab open? Why do people recommend that you keep a tab open, or is that moreso for the 500 NP gems at level 50?

Do the P3s work slower when there isn't a Habitarium tab open? Why do people recommend that you keep a tab open, or is that moreso for the 500 NP gems at level 50?

i feel like they work a LOT slower when you don't have the tab actually open. it doesn't matter if you are level 3 or level 50

The P3s only continue working for a little while after the tab is closed. I can't remember if they harvest a certain amount after the tab is closed, or for 10 minutes, or something, but if you want it to level up quickly, and for it to be really profitable, you need to leave it open.

Thanks everyone! I think I'll check both those games out. I've heard so many people say that they make all their profit from those games that I think it'll be worth it. And thanks for all the offers for help - I will definitely take you up on it :)