Recieving random emails from Neopets

Caro

Okay so over the last week or two I have been recieving random Lost Username emails from Neopets. I have only ever requested this once however and that was months ago now.

Today I opened my inbox to see FIVE of them in a row...? :S

There's no link in the email or any way that I know of to let them know that it wasn't requested. I'd like to not recieve more of them but I don't want to never be able to get them again on the off chance I'd like to again (though I'm pretty sure I will always remember my usernames though...) is it a glitch or has someone been trying to access my account through that somehow (unlikely but idk).

And is there any reason why this would be happening? It's a little disconcerting.

I imagine that it is a mistake- someone may have mistyped their username, or remembered it wrong-- maybe someone is theroastedchicken without the underscores, and just didn't remember!

So it probably isn't a problem, but I would change your password to both your neopets account and your email account--- just to be on the safe side! :)

Probably nothing, but to be one the safe side change passwords and dont open anymore emails like that unless you requested them. And DO NOT CLICK LINKS in emails like that without checking it. Links can be disguised. Always hover over it and see what the real URL of the link is first, or just dont click it at all.

I suggest changing your password on your neopets account just in case. Changing your email password couldn't hurt either. Other than that I wouldn't worry about them. Just delete them and make sure you change your passwords and if you continue getting them you could always submit a ticket to TNT.

Do not click links in those e-mails. Only delete the e-mails. Change your passwords on all accounts to something you've never used before, and remember what you used. Then, monitor if you get more of those e-mails anymore in the next few days.

Okay so over the last week or two I have been recieving random Lost Username emails from Neopets. I have only ever requested this once however and that was months ago now.

Today I opened my inbox to see FIVE of them in a row...? :S

There's no link in the email or any way that I know of to let them know that it wasn't requested. I'd like to not recieve more of them but I don't want to never be able to get them again on the off chance I'd like to again (though I'm pretty sure I will always remember my usernames though...) is it a glitch or has someone been trying to access my account through that somehow (unlikely but idk).

And is there any reason why this would be happening? It's a little disconcerting.

I think you should, change your password, maybe someone is trying to hack your account.

I imagine that it is a mistake- someone may have mistyped their username, or remembered it wrong-- maybe someone is theroastedchicken without the underscores, and just didn't remember!

So it probably isn't a problem, but I would change your password to both your neopets account and your email account--- just to be on the safe side! :)

Actually the email that I've been recieving the emails from is the one that my side accounts are registered on, though maybe it's similar for that reason.

Probably nothing, but to be one the safe side change passwords and dont open anymore emails like that unless you requested them. And DO NOT CLICK LINKS in emails like that without checking it. Links can be disguised. Always hover over it and see what the real URL of the link is first, or just dont click it at all.

I'm well aware about the link thing, but these emails were legitimate ones from [email protected] and the URLs and content were all as it was supposed to be and stuff.

Yeah - do what everyone else said and change your password. Might wanna change your email too just in case they know what your email is, and is trying to revert it (contacting the company, pretending to be you losing your email account so they can get it back).

You can change the email that the account is registered with? I hadn't thought of that. Unfortunately the email I would like all my accounts to be on are the one recieving these emails... hmm.

But as everyone has suggested I'll definitely go through and delete the emails and change the passwords for my side accounts and hope that I don't recieve more of them...

Am I the only one that this is happened to...?