Input on my gallery?

Rebecca~

I'd like to enter my gallery into the spotlight, since it is just about completed and stuff. I've finished a layout for it, but I would like some suggestions on it. Is it too plain? Hard to read? Stuff like that. Any suggestions you can give will be appreciated. :)

http://www.neopets.com/gallery/index.phtml?gu=scoptophobia

I really like it, especially the colours! Something about the "Keep fishin'" text looks a bit off, maybe the positioning?

Thanks! Hmm, I see what you mean about the positioning... it would probably be better if over the water, but I think it would be hard to get a colour that matched but stood out enough...

That's a great gallery! very original idea too :laughingsmiley: why didn't I think of that :sad01_anim:

Thanks! Heh, I donno. :B Yours is a good idea too though! And sand items are normally pretty cheap, which is a nice bonus in a gallery! :3

I kind of agree about the positioning of the Keep Fishin'. What if you put it above the water like on the clouds?

I shall give that a try. :3 Samish colour blue?

gallerybannernew.jpg

Okay, so I moved it~ I had to change the colour to something darker- it was just too hard to read. Is this better? Should I change the colour to something not quite as dark?

(And thank you! I'm pretty fond of my theme too. ^_^ Underwater Fishing gets a lot of hate for giving out so much useless stuff, that I wanted to show it a little love :3)

I think that color and position looks great!

Fab! Thank you so much for your input! :D I really appreciate it. :3

I think that's good positioning and colour :) Also, fun idea for a gallery! Hope yours gets selected.

Thank you! I hope so too, ahah. I've been working on my gallery on and off for a number of years now- Unfortunately I haven't been able to fish up any of the pricier items myself. :B

EDIT: One other question... would it be categorised as "misc" or "games"? Is Underwater Fishing considered a game? O-o

Your gallery looks amazing! I hope you win when you enter. ^_^

Awww, thanks so much! :D

TDNers always give me the warm fuzzies. ^_^

Wow, your gallery looks great, i love all of the bright colors you used!

Thank you so much! :D

I hope you win as well! Good luck! I'm not 100% sure but I'm thinking it would be misc because if you search for underwater fishing or just fishing in games nothing comes up. I could be wrong though.

I'd consider it a site feature more than a game, so I'm thinking misc as well. But I don't know, it could also be considered a game.

Yeah, I think I'll be going with misc. :3 Thank you both!

EDIT: Thank you everyone! I've now entered it into the spotlight- here's to hoping I'm chosen! :D

I like the theme and the layout :)

good luck with your submission :)

Thanks! :D

What a nice gallery. I see some things on there that I never got from fishing yet.

Thank you! Heh, same here. I had to buy all of the neat higher level stuff. :B

I love it!! You should do really well if you're nearly finished. Can I ask where you got the layout? I'm having a real hard time finding a pre made that neopets actually allows.

Aww, thanks! And yeah, I'm only missing two items, but they're both priced at well over a million, so I'm holding off on getting those. ;)

I made it, actually, hah. :) I'm happy to share my coding if you like, but you'd have to do your own banner and stuff- I was pulling out my hair on mine, lol.

I was thinking that as well when I looked at the items. I was like woah, never knew that existed.

Hahaha, I know, right? The Two Ring?! wth are you? :P

I think this looks awesome, Rebecca! It's a wicked cute theme, I love the graphics and the colors. Lots of luck to you!

Awww, thank you! I really appreciate the support. :DDD

Aww, thanks! And yeah, I'm only missing two items, but they're both priced at well over a million, so I'm holding off on getting those. ;)

I made it, actually, hah. :) I'm happy to share my coding if you like, but you'd have to do your own banner and stuff- I was pulling out my hair on mine, lol.

Awh really? Thanks so much! I can't code for toffee, but I can do images fine ^^

I have a Pirate Jelly to get (amongst other things) priced at 10m+ >< this gallery is gonan take years but I've finally found one I really like.

When you've completed yours and you eventually win gallery spotlight (you should!) will you keep it the same or try something different?