Wheel of Extravagence spinning

Bubbleline

I was pretty lucky with my spins of the WoE before, getting the avvie within my first 5 or 6 spins, however I am kinda tempted to spin it a few more times in hopes of getting a PB or another Nerkmid or something. My question is, would it be worth it? There is a possibility of good prizes, but I'm not sure how often people get them. Would I just be better off hoping to run across another Nerkmid?

This wheel is definitely hit and miss. When I was trying for the avatar, it took 12 days (1.2 million) before I got it. Of that, I probably never saw about 800k of that again. That was just my luck.

If you want to try it out, but you're worried about losing a lot of NP I recommend maybe making NP goals, like when you reach X amount of NP, you'll spin the wheel. Then after that, for each X NP you earn, you spin it again.

This wheel is definitely hit and miss. When I was trying for the avatar, it took 12 days (1.2 million) before I got it. Of that, I probably never saw about 800k of that again. That was just my luck.

If you want to try it out, but you're worried about losing a lot of NP I recommend maybe making NP goals, like when you reach X amount of NP, you'll spin the wheel. Then after that, for each X NP you earn, you spin it again.

Eek, spending 800,000 on that would make me cry. But your suggestion about the goals is perfect. Perhaps I shall make it after every 500,000 earned. :D

If you ask me, I don't think it's really worth spinning the Wheel of Extravagance if you don't have a lot of Neopoints backed up. It's true that there's a possibility of scoring an elusive item like a Paint Brush or a r100 to r110 item, but the Wheel of Extravagance would be considered an NP sink if you're not lucky with getting the elusive High Roller avatar.

Overall, it's not worth risking huge sums of NP to get a Paint Brush from that Wheel. I'd rather just save up the Neopoints for the desired Paint Brush that you'd like to get since the Paint Brush you receive when you hit the Paint Brush mark is entirely random.

Hrm, more mixed views. XD I think I'll just make it one of those "once every blue moon" things and spin it once a month or so. I don't want a particular pb or anything, just the chance to make moolah. I got quite a bit of profit off of the Nerkmid I got, and it'd be nice to get another one without paying the goo-gobs of money that people are asking. Ah well.

I personally spin it becuase I enjoy the gamble. :) I don't gamble in real life, but I enjoy playing around on Neopets. Mainly because it's a game. Why not? :) I enjoy the surprise!

That wheel is evil. Even with all the times I've landed on the big fat X, I always immediately go to spin it every time I have 100k on hand. I can only spin it if the money I have on hand has not been in my bank account. Otherwise I'd go nuts with that wheel. I need to have rules for myself, otherwise I'd go broke gambling.

I've spent over 5 mil np on it within a couple of months because I was board, my advice is to not waste your np any more unless you have some you have to spare and don't care about loosing. You'll get more losses then wins, I promise you.

I don't think I'll ever spin it. I was lucky enough to find two Nerkmids last year from RE's. And some of the lab pieces I have found have been worth a bunch. I've also had a ton of luck finding rare-ish wearbales at the Second Hand Shoppe. Some worth over 200k. For me I would rather throw my NP right in the bank and save for a goal or something. :-)

I hear ya. The only reason I'm tempted to spin it at all is just for the avatar. :/

same here. i just spun it today for the second time after reading this thread. won 50k so not a huge loss

I really can't say much about this. I spun every day until I got the avatar. I was down probably about 3-4 mil before I got lucky and got a super rare book. I ended up making a profit of 15mil off getting that avatar. I haven't spun since though.

Wow, I feel so bad for the people who have spent millions getting the avvie. Makes me scared to spin it again. :weird: