Hi, I'm also new here

Hi everyone,

I'm another girl who likes neopets and I just wanted to introduce myself here. So here we go:

My name is Nienke and I live in the Netherlands. Since English isn't my first language, I might say some odd things. Please don't bother that to much. I hope the staff, won't care either (it won't be on purpose). I like playing neopets, dancing, drawing and a lot, lot more (but if I'm going to tell that all now, I will be busy for a while). I hope I'm welcome here!

Nienke

Hi and Welcome to the forums*gives cookies and meepit that has 100% IQ* There are tons of members that can help you with anything.And I saw that you were the newest member.I love drawing too!

What an great picture do you have, _Faerie_Xweetok_

And thanks for all the nice reactions and the cookies (I love cookies) :)

Another new person, welcome from Rhode Island to the Netherlands!

My name is Neomysterion, and I am one of the forum mods over here. Need anything? Ask me or another person on staff!

By the way, your English is not bad at all. I hope you enjoy TDN to its fullest.

v Check your profile feed.

I live in the Netherlands in real life, but on neopets I live in Shenkuu :)

Hi and welcome to TDNForums :)

I live in Shekuu too :)

there are quite a few other TDN'ers from the Netherlands here as well ... you won't feel that you're a stranger :)

I hope so. But I think I'm going to be alright. You're all very nice to me! :)

Hi there, and welcome! -offers cookies- I hope you come to really like TDN. :) Everyone here is really lovely, and we're like a big family. :D

Your english is good! Whenever I try to speak in a second language I have a smaller vocabulary than a three year old, so you are way ahead of me! :D

Well, I've been learning English for 5 years, so it's not like I don't speak it at all. It's just that I've been having problems with some sentences (the place of some words in sentences or how to use some words)

I also learn German and French in school (or is it 'on school' or 'at school'), but that's a disaster. Especially the last one :) German is a bit like Dutch, so that is sometimes bearable.

Well, I've been learning English for 5 years, so it's not like I don't speak it at all. It's just that I've been having problems with some sentences (the place of some words in sentences or how to use some words)

I also learn German and French in school (or is it 'on school' or 'at school'), but that's a disaster. Especially the last one :) German is a bit like Dutch, so that is sometimes bearable.

Well, that is hardly surprising. English is a stupid language. :P We have more exceptions to our rules than words that follow the rules, haha.

(in school or at school are both acceptable. :D)

I hated French too, haha (I had to study it for four years, but all I remember how to say now is "Bonjour!" lol), but I studied German for a couple of years as well. :)

Well, that is hardly surprising. English is a stupid language. :P We have more exceptions to our rules than words that follow the rules, haha.

(in school or at school are both acceptable. :D)

I hated French too, haha (I had to study it for four years, but all I remember how to say now is "Bonjour!" lol), but I studied German for a couple of years as well. :)

I know another very useful French sentence: 'Je ne parle pas Français' (I don't speak French) :)

I won't have either French or German next year (YES!), 'cause I chose Latin and Greek :)

And I will try to remenber in school and at school

I know another very useful French sentence: 'Je ne parle pas Français' (I don't speak French) :)

I won't have either French or German next year (YES!), 'cause I chose Latin and Greek :)

And I will try to remenber in school and at school

Oh wow, Latin and Greek? o_O You must be much better at languages than I! haha. Is it difficult learning so many?

Oh wow, Latin and Greek? o_O You must be much better at languages than I! haha. Is it difficult learning so many?

Not that difficult. I learn those in high school. And I don't have to speak Latin and Greek. I only have to be able to translate those, so that's easier.

I think it's a pity my school doesn't teach Spanish.... Otherwise I would have chosen that...

Hi Nienke and welcome! What a beautiful name. I think your english is excellent - but maybe you have a great grasp for languages, all the ones you've been taking! That's wonderful!

With beautiful name, you mean 'Nienke'? That is a pretty common name in The Netherlands. But it's kinda fun to read such a Dutch name in a English sentence, because it's sounds really weird.

And I didn't had much of a choice with all those languages... :) In the first three years of high school at gymnasium, you have to take English, French, Greek, Latin and German. After that, you can choose one of two of them, plus English (you have to keep English(I don't mind that))

I had Spanish on primary school once a week, because I was a quick worker and easily bored. So they gave me and some other kids Spanish lessons. I forgot the most of Spanish...