Homestuck

Anime

This is kind of long overdue.

Homestuck! I know there's at least two more of you here that read it. Have a topic to chat about it, discuss updates and shipping, all that fun stuff.

i blame morgan *absconds*

Your overdueness has caused this thread to be made right at the start of a hiatus. CONGA RATS.

And I am happy you like it so far, vasama. Some people get bored during Act 1 but that's what drew me in in the first place. :( It really isn't as bad as they make it out to be.

People get caught up in the hype of later acts, with everyone going "OMG IT'S SO EPIC"

Doesn't start out epic. It starts out incredibly silly with John shooting crap out of his sylladex.

It gets epic later.

I've heard of people getting caught up in about a week, though they spent a lot of time just reading it. I'm doing a reread right now that's going at about that pace (maybe a little slower because I have class to attend and errands to run, but yeah).

Glad you're enjoying it! :D

Breaks are probably necessary since Act 5 is massive. And the exiles are great. Can't decide on my favorite, though.

EoA 3 is quite awesome. It really marks where Homestuck starts taking those final steps from Really Silly to Epic. Wait till you get to Cascade.

Wow, nice pace. I'm in the middle of Act 4 in my reread. I've been distracted today.

Also, you read the Intermission, correct? It seems silly but other things make more sense later if you read it!

I sort of read it. I didn't think it would have to do much with the story and it was kind of boring to me, so i skipped a bit of it. I only saw the pictures and didn't bother reading some of the text.

You should go back and read it at some point, maybe after you're caught up? It's more interesting when it fits into the story properly and you know how it all goes together, I'll admit.

You should go back and read it at some point, maybe after you're caught up? It's more interesting when it fits into the story properly and you know how it all goes together, I'll admit.

I'll probably do that. I think i've already seen some of where it fits in, but I'll finish Act 5 before reading it.

This entire topic so far is just saying what people have read and stuff. :P

As for shippings:

John and Rose

Karkat and Pyrope (Matesprit)

Karkat and Gamzee (Moirall)

I probably have really popular opinions lol

I skipped most of the intermission the first time around too. Went back and read it after I caught up and things made SENSE.

And it's good to know where you guys are so we don't accidentally give out spoilers.

Yes, accidental spoilers are bad!

I ship...

Dave/Jade

John/Rose

Karkat/Terezi

Dave<>Terezi

Karkat< 3<Dave

....I like making <3/< 3</<> triangles.

Fine then, have my favorite crackship triangle!

.....wait it involves an act 6 character.

Equius <> Nepeta

Nepeta < 3< D---

D--- <3 Equius

There. No spoilers.