The Perfect Conclusion

Azeruth

To further prove TNT's lack of common sense or to further illustrate how winning doesn't mean anything:

sb3tau.jpg

What's that? Meridell won YYB and MSN to Mystery Island's SLSL and SOSD? But Mystery Island is 2nd and Meridell is 3rd. Hooray TNT!

Hmm that is really strange. I wonder what they were thinking with that one?

They want to make it easier for smaller teams to win, so teams that are YYB heavy have an advantage since it's worth more. Knock it down to the same as sides and everyone technically is fair game.

Too bad they don't have a feedback feature this year. Looks like it's ticket time.

Wait, so HOW many times have they changed these stats already? I'm cross-eyed just watching.

Well first they said Meridell: W W L W

Then they switched around and said Mystery Island: W W L W

THEN they changed it again and said Meridell: W L W L

I basically said this in another thread, but the post kind of got buried. The AC needs transparency. TNT are the only ones who know how anything is really calculated. They are able to manipulate it however they want and none of us really have a clue. This is because they keep us in the dark when it comes to real stats. It needs to be made clear how everything works, the numbers are tabulated, etc. There would have to be some scaling involved for the smaller teams, but it could be done. If they want players looking forward to the AC, an increase in visitors during the AC and participants excited to be a part, they have to make it a legitimate competition. This means having clear pairings between teams during the tournament. It shouldn't be a total surprise who you're playing the next day, nor should it be a total surprise who ends up in your next bracket. There is no way a team should play another team four times, but not play 4-6 other teams at all. There has to be tangible results reported after each day of the tournament. EX. KI - YYB 25,231, SS 5,521, MSN 30,052, SHSH 50,750 vs. KL - YYB 22,832, SS 6,354, MSN 28,956, SHSH 52,215. I don't really think the point spread should matter, just wins, losses and draws. This isn't Vegas. Spreads don't factor into any major sports tournament I can think of anyway. Of course this is more work than TNT is likely willing to put in. Sad thing is this, most likely the results are partly random, partly planned ahead, with the actual players having some influence to a lesser degree.