Leaving Habi running?

Rebecca~

I've never left my Habitarium on overnight, though I assume a lot of people with unlimited internet access would do so. It would probably something I'd consider if I got to a higher level considering the lag and boringness and such.

Previously I'd just left it open and played whilst doing other things. It's quite good as something to do while waiting for a page to load while my connection is slow or something. I can see how they'd see it as cheating if people were not actually at the computer but like was already said; TNT can't really know that you aren't actively at the computer or whatever.

Oh, wow - as quite a few people have mentioned, I'm not sure it's possible to 'actively play' Habi. I mean, I pay as much attention to my Habi whether I'm on the computer or not - it just sits in a tab, doing its own thing; I'll look at it maybe four times a day.

I understand that from a staff and company perspective, TNT would want us to be actively on the computer as much as possible while earning NP, but I really hope they don't try to enforce it (at least any time soon). :D

I dunno how they could really enforce that, and I hope they don't! I'm not up to 50 yet to be collecting gems but it's definitely something I'm looking forward to. I'm sure quite a lot of people leave it running, honestly.

I dunno how they could really enforce that, and I hope they don't! I'm not up to 50 yet to be collecting gems but it's definitely something I'm looking forward to. I'm sure quite a lot of people leave it running, honestly.

Agreed. I think that everyone whom has a computer that can handle it leave it running.

if they really want a change, eliminate gems completely and in place of gems you get the reward automaticly, for example my soldier mootix kills a pest, no gem pops up i just get 30 xp, this would be a great alternative :)

if they really want a change, eliminate gems completely and in place of gems you get the reward automaticly, for example my soldier mootix kills a pest, no gem pops up i just get 30 xp, this would be a great alternative :)

God, wouldn't that be nice? I hate when I gems hide behind things and it takes me days to find them. >.>

I don't think that helps TNT to try and get us to play actively though.

God, wouldn't that be nice? I hate when I gems hide behind things and it takes me days to find them. >.>

I don't think that helps TNT to try and get us to play actively though.

maybe so, but it would probably also eleminate the reason why they want us to play actively

maybe so, but it would also eleminate the reason why they want us to play actively

Nah. They want us to play actively becuase it's in the spirit of the game, not because to not to causes lockouts.

Nah. They want us to play actively becuase it's in the spirit of the game, not because to not to causes lockouts.

if thats so then it would be nice if they in put mini games and stuff like that, like petpet park, except with habitarium gameplay,

I can see where they're coming from *waits for rotten tomatoes*. It's not really in the spirit of the game to leave your computer on all night, and I'm sure it's not what TNT had in mind when they created Habi.

Of course I do and have done it, it's crazy how much everything else lags when you're trying to actually use the computer with it running so it's easier to leave it on at night - I do feel slightly guilty though.

I can see where they're coming from *waits for rotten tomatoes*. It's not really in the spirit of the game to leave your computer on all night, and I'm sure it's not what TNT had in mind when they created Habi.

Of course I do and have done it, it's crazy how much everything else lags when you're trying to actually use the computer with it running so it's easier to leave it on at night - I do feel slightly guilty though.

I totally see where they're coming from as well, but I do it every night as well. Just as you say, I can hardly use my computer when Habi is running, so leaving it on when I'm not at the computer is basically the only way I can use Habi.

if thats so then it would be nice if they in put mini games and stuff like that, like petpet park, except with habitarium gameplay,

I think when they talk about "actively" playing, they just mean you are on the computer at the same time, so you can check on Habi every once in a while, not leave it going while you're away from the computer.

If they somehow fixed the lag factor I might be more inclined to do it just when I'm online, since I am quite a lot :P I wonder when the next update will be/what it'll be..

I don't really want it to be updated- I love collecting my gems every day. Habi makes me about 100k every day, and I don't really have the time to get through new levels very fast at the moment. XD

I go all night with Habi open, and for about 12 hours while I'm at work, and I have never been locked out. I don't know if I'm really lucky or what, haah.

You make 100k everyday?! O:

How is that even possible? I can make 15k-20k if I'm lucky... I'm not so good at the games ):

And I only leave habi open when I'm on neopets

You make 100k everyday?! O:

How is that even possible? I can make 15k-20k if I'm lucky... I'm not so good at the games ):

And I only leave habi open when I'm on neopets

I leave mine open practically all the time. When I collect my gems in the morning I generally have 35-45k. The same when I get home from work, and then some in the evening before I set them back up before I go to bed. This only happens if there aren't any glitches or downtime. A couple of times Ive gotten up in the morning and I only have about 3k worth of gems. Stuff happens. :) I rarely play any games any more- Habi makes me all the NP I need.

indeed leaving habi open all day can get you 100 - 120k nps daily.

however, i find that the amt of time keeping your habi open wastes electricity and burns your computer's hardware. which pretty much defeats the purpose unless you keep your computer running for 24 hrs for other tasks too.

I had "Online for 191hrs" racked up from running the Habi for so long. Mine is running 24/7. Only been locked out once and that was because I added clovers to the board. Reset my Habi myself and had it money making again a week later. I generally make about 100k a day from just the Habi. If TNT changed anything about it....I would probably stop playing on the whole site again.

Like other people have said, this isn't really a game you can actively play once it gets to a certain point. It really is a "set and forget". But that message in the first post makes me cringe. I could see if being level 50 was some kind of perk that few people has access to, I would consider that an unfair advantage to others. But since EVERYONE on the whole site gets an equal opportunity to get a level 50 Habi.....no it's not cheating, it's using your resources wisely.

I really don't see how they'd know whether someone was leaving it running whilst away from their computer or not; for all you know, I could have been sitting there for 6 hours straight, just watching my habi.

There is a different way to control this. They could limit the amount of gems that you can get before you collect them. So say you could only get 10 gems before you can't get any more. It is making sure you are on your computer and looking at it or you won't get credit for it. Kind of like nesters, they are sure useful if you check ever 50ish minutes but if you don't they aren't nearly as useful. If you make it so you have to check it ever 50ish minutes or you don't get any extra benefit then they could eliminate the problem of having people leave their computers on over night. I would personally stop playing. It takes to much time to set it up if you can't just leave it there and let it do its thing.

There is a different way to control this. They could limit the amount of gems that you can get before you collect them. So say you could only get 10 gems before you can't get any more. It is making sure you are on your computer and looking at it or you won't get credit for it. Kind of like nesters, they are sure useful if you check ever 50ish minutes but if you don't they aren't nearly as useful. If you make it so you have to check it ever 50ish minutes or you don't get any extra benefit then they could eliminate the problem of having people leave their computers on over night. I would personally stop playing. It takes to much time to set it up if you can't just leave it there and let it do its thing.

Shhhhhh, or they'll start getting ideas. D:

lol, I really hope they don't do that. I'd probably stop playing too.