What attracted you to your team?

RigelB

So, what made you choose your Altador Cup team this year? Was it the land, the team, or the sportsmanship of the players? Have you picked this team every year and so feel loyal to them? Any other reasons?

For me, I've always been a huge fan of monsters, anything with teeth and claws, and the colour scheme of Halloween (Mad Science also comes under Halloween, even though it's probably more associated with Virtupets.). These things helped attract me to Haunted Woods. I found their team very charming and with a lot of character. I really like Krell, the most experienced and well deserving of Team Captain, even though he scores the least. Zo Junior is young and quite small, but is a rising star and top scorer. Wan Dirx is a quiet defender, but always seems to be the right place at the right time to stop the match from going horribly wrong. Brains is... Brains, etc.

Their designs are cool and they really stand out to me!

The team also isn't too large that I'm just a speck in the sea, but not too small that that we won't win anything and I feel disheartened. There's generally good sportsmanship between the players and other teams, and our team chants and phrases are cool. :P

Haunted Wood's rough-and-tumble playstyle is also appealing, along with their reputation for surprise upsets and winning the first AC.

What about you guys? It'd really interested to see what attracted you to your teams, past or present!

Whenever I first joined the cup I was in a fairly active guild. And we actually voted for a team that our guild was going to support. DC ended up winning. We didn't have to join that team or anything but that was the team the guild was going to root for so I decided to join it. That and one of my neofriends recommended it to me. I've been a DCer ever since.

I'm with you on the Halloween/monster theme. I'm basically obsessed with vampires and shifters (not Twilight crap) and the dark and evil look. I've been into them since I was about eight or nine when I first saw The Nightmare Before Christmas and Bela Lugosi's Dracula and I am twenty now so I've been a hardcore fan for a while. When I first started playing AC a couple of years ago DC and HW caught my attention immediately or course but DC had the vamp look I love because of Tandrake and so I've always joined with DC. I like other teams and this year I almost joined with Shenkuu but I just couldn't part with DC.

The first reason why I've joined DC for the 7th time now can be summed up in two words: Tandrak Shaye. :laughingsmiley:

Well, actually that wasn't the only reason because I still looked through other descriptions as well. I like their flying island (and unless FL it's not mainly pink which is a colour I totally hate), I like the colour combination, their dark looks and I also already had read the Meridell-Darigan war comics a few times. If I already had been active on Neopets at that time I would have chosen Darigan's side to fight at, mainly because it seemed to be fairer because it was Meridell after all who had stolen their orb (or whatever it was), caused the Citadel to become that dark way and started the war because of that.

But still Tandrak was a major reason to join.

Why I joined Virtupets is

1. It doesn't have much team players
  2. Sela and Keetra look soo cute!
  3. Only one with Cybunny
  4. Only one with Female Xweetok(Despite Mystery Island)
  5. I go with space,I kinda like the design of how robots can get you items you can't even reach,(like in somewhere with lasers.)
  6. I might have joined Team Faerieland last year,but this year,I think I could handle it.Also,some stuff will appear as faerieland on my user look up.

Aliens, and space. I love them. <3

This is my first year being apart of the AC, and I've always been on a hiatus during the AC, so Kreludor being such a strong team came as quite a surprise- though, I shan't complain! :3

The first reason why I've joined DC for the 7th time now can be summed up in two words: Tandrak Shaye. :laughingsmiley:

Well, actually that wasn't the only reason because I still looked through other descriptions as well. I like their flying island (and unless FL it's not mainly pink which is a colour I totally hate), I like the colour combination, their dark looks and I also already had read the Meridell-Darigan war comics a few times. If I already had been active on Neopets at that time I would have chosen Darigan's side to fight at, mainly because it seemed to be fairer because it was Meridell after all who had stolen their orb (or whatever it was), caused the Citadel to become that dark way and started the war because of that.

But still Tandrak was a major reason to join.

Yeah, Krell Vitor was another reason I joined Haunted Woods. Vampires aren't my thing, though I really like the designs of the DC players, particularly Layton Vickles!

Aliens, and space. I love them. <3

This is my first year being apart of the AC, and I've always been on a hiatus during the AC, so Kreludor being such a strong team came as quite a surprise- though, I shan't complain! :3

Indeed! This my second AC, Kreludor were a strong contender for my team. Astronomy and aliens are my thing too (aliens are very close to monsters), and I like the team and their colours, but I went with Haunted Woods in the end. I had a funny feeling Kreludor would win this year, so I went with a bit more of an unpredictable team. :)

Yeah, Krell Vitor was another reason I joined Haunted Woods. Vampires aren't my thing, though I really like the designs of the DC players, particularly Layton Vickles!

Indeed! This my second AC, Kreludor were a strong contender for my team. Astronomy and aliens are my thing too (aliens are very close to monsters), and I like the team and their colours, but I went with Haunted Woods in the end. I had a funny feeling Kreludor would win this year, so I went with a bit more of an unpredictable team. :)

Heh! :D Well, Kreludor would have loved to have you, but it's good seeing HW with some strong, loyal supporters. :3

And yes, aliens are awesome. 8)

I picked Faerieland because of the players. They all had visually appealing designs for me. Also, Faerieland is by far my favorite land. And even though everyone hates their new colors...I don't think they're that bad.

I picked Faerieland because of the players. They all had visually appealing designs for me. Also, Faerieland is by far my favorite land. And even though everyone hates their new colors...I don't think they're that bad.

I think Faerieland's colours are beautiful! They go together really nicely (far better than my own team's, I hate to say).

I think Faerieland's colours are beautiful! They go together really nicely (far better than my own team's, I hate to say).

Blasphemy! Shun the non-believer! I love our colors and that is part of the reason I joined the team. Last year was my first AC and I had tons of trouble deciding. Haunted Woods is my favorite land, but Darigan Citadel's colors look kinda cool. In the end, it was REALLY close between Kreludor and Terror Mountain. I hadn't done any research into any of the teams' pasts, so standings and winning wasn't a concern. I did, however want a team with a female captain at the least and at the time, it looked like Kreludor had an awesome captain plus 2 other awesome looking female members. And I loved the colors. Purple has always been a favorite and I think the orange compliments it nicely. In the end I went with Kreludor and I fell in love. (even after I found out they got rid of the other females. Derlyn is just that awesome to me.) It also doesn't hurt that I've met quite a few really nice people who are also Kreludorks.

Blasphemy! Shun the non-believer! I love our colors and that is part of the reason I joined the team. Last year was my first AC and I had tons of trouble deciding. Haunted Woods is my favorite land, but Darigan Citadel's colors look kinda cool. In the end, it was REALLY close between Kreludor and Terror Mountain. I hadn't done any research into any of the teams' pasts, so standings and winning wasn't a concern. I did, however want a team with a female captain at the least and at the time, it looked like Kreludor had an awesome captain plus 2 other awesome looking female members. And I loved the colors. Purple has always been a favorite and I think the orange compliments it nicely. In the end I went with Kreludor and I fell in love. (even after I found out they got rid of the other females. Derlyn is just that awesome to me.) It also doesn't hurt that I've met quite a few really nice people who are also Kreludorks.

Awwww, I'm sorry. x3 I love the purple, but I'm not the biggest fan of the orange with it. But our team is so awesome otherwise, so I shan't complain (much ;)). And yeah, I wanted a team with a female captain as well. I was not impressed with the number of male-only teams.

Awwww, I'm sorry. x3 I love the purple, but I'm not the biggest fan of the orange with it. But our team is so awesome otherwise, so I shan't complain (much ;)). And yeah, I wanted a team with a female captain as well. I was not impressed with the number of male-only teams.

I was glad to find out that I wasn't the only one that noticed that there are like 4 or 5 teams that are all male and none that are all female. At the very least, it would make sense for the Faerieland team to be all female, seeing as all faeries are female. Maybe it's payback for the faeries? :shiftyeyes_anim:

At the time, I had created a neoboard and people from Shenkuu were the only ones were suggested to pick which team I liked best because I liked it best.

Everyone else was all *join my team* *we are soOooOOoooo awesome* *we have X number of allstars* and it was just too overwhelming.

I was glad to find out that I wasn't the only one that noticed that there are like 4 or 5 teams that are all male and none that are all female. At the very least, it would make sense for the Faerieland team to be all female, seeing as all faeries are female. Maybe it's payback for the faeries? :shiftyeyes_anim:

I like that Faerieland has plenty of males! It stops the reinforcement of the "little girl" stereotype Faerieland has. I really like the colours too.

Haunted Woods is all male, but I don't mind too much. As long as there's females in the tournament somewhere, I'm good.

For the first AC, I joined MI because they looked really cool and I miss Bertie already even if I never rejoined them after the first cup. Then RI looked like a really fun team to be with so I ended up joining them after MI got eliminated. (i think I'm telling facts right, MI was eliminated before RI? Can't remember the details)

Since AC2 to present, I joined Shenkuu because I was reaaally into their theme. The colors, the land, everything about Shenkuu I liked. And I'm asian, so I guess that's self-explanatory why I liked Shenkuu. I'm Southeast Asian to be exact, so It felt like home. :)

Yeah. Though, I kind of like that Faerieland subverts your expectations. :) But it would be nice if the player makeup for the tournement was actually 50/50, genderwise.

At the time, I had created a neoboard and people from Shenkuu were the only ones were suggested to pick which team I liked best because I liked it best.

Everyone else was all *join my team* *we are soOooOOoooo awesome* *we have X number of allstars* and it was just too overwhelming.

Ugh, that sounds absolutely overwhelming. :( And just unpleasant. (Heh, I was about to say "And who bases their team off of the number of All Stars/the team's liklihood of winning, anyway?" but then I realised that was a pretty stupid comment. :P)

I asked on TDN, and basically everyone said to go for the team I liked best. A couple people were kind of -nudgenudge-, but not in a scary way.

Reason #57398276 why TDN is beter than the neoboards, haha.

When I first joined Neopets, I was 14 years old and kind of into the whole punk/emo/gothic thing, without actually being punk/emo/gothic, really. I just liked it. I missed the Meridel versus Darigan war (the storyline revealed that Meridel had actually been the bad guys, NOT Darigan), and decided I'd make up for it by joining Darigan in the Altador Cup's first year. They really appealed to me anyway. I thought they looked really amazing and detailed. Perfect for the Darigan look. I was on Darigan for two years, helping them win the Cup on the second, before becoming bored and deciding to assist another team. (The team being Roo Island, in complete contrast to Darigan.)

I switched teams every few years just to find something new. I really like Shenkuu and Haunted Woods as well.

I love the sea, everything about it, and mermaids. Which is why I love the world of Maraqua so much, and so it's not surprising to myself that I'd love to play for this team. I miss Dorina though, oh well, but that doesn't stop me from playing for this team.

I even have a side account that is Maraqua themed, with pets from the underwater land (currently consisting of two Koi and a Maraquan Uni. All of course, by design, are meant to be merpeople. (I love my mermaid characters).

So in a long story short, it's the sea and merpeople. ^^

I should probably mention what drew me to my former team, Shenkuu. My first AC was the third one, ACIII, and it was after I returned after my long hiatus. At that time, I was really into anime and Asian culture and the like, so that drew me to the team for three years. However, after ACV, I kinda grew bored with my team, and was disappointed in their performance in ACV. That, and I was losing interest in anime , and a growing interest in the sea, mermaids, and Maraqua. so, by ACVI, I had switched. I think I'm going to be loyal to Maraqua for quite a while now.

You're not the only one who likes their new colours. I like them too, it feels more earthy.