Why is the Secret Labratory Map so Expensive? ;~;

~Ğǿǿmy~

I have bought all the parts for the petpet laboratory but not the Pet Laboratory Map (dumb ikr ;~; )

I have 4/9 map parts...

Why are the sooo expensive? o_O

How did you get the money for the map?

Because it's awsome and people really want it to zap their pets to try to get their dreamies. It allows special colors as well that people want that you can only get from the lab ray. and I think they are so expensive is because there are only so many of one peice floating around and they are hard to get from dailies or whatever. So some of the peices are pretty rare I guess. Also to get the money just play games and do dailies and sell stuff just like for everything else pretty much.

Sakeru said it.

I didn't outright buy all my pieces. For the most part because that would bankrupt me. Actually that was the entire reason. So I didn't begin buying pieces until I had gotten a good amount of them from random events. This is definitely one of those things that will be a work in progress and not something you just go and get.

Haha. I agree. I have 4/9 pieces, and I want a full set. Unfortunately, the ones I don't have seem to be the most expensive.

EDIT: I lied. I have 6. Apparently, I can't count.

Edited by Eme

yeah the most weirdest part,PEOPLE,AREN'T YOU SEEING THE PRICE?IT'S LIKE 349NP!ok so click on your map piece, you see the estimated amount,its RIGHT there.

I wanted it for one of my sides but it's too expensive now.

I got it back when it was about 75k-100k all together.

well i am trading all my petpet map pieces for the all the secret lab map pieces,and also added a tasu.and 146k with 640 more np

if you're lucky you can win one of the expensive pieces from key quest. i have in the past. habi also helped a lot to save up nps.

i did in the past,but traded it..

Quite frankly, it costs so much because it's worth it! There's nothing more exciting on Neo than getting a cool colour or species change from the labs :D

Sadly one piece (with the mountain) is ridiculously inflated to 600-800k. This is because of a bug with the trading post. It ONLY shows that piece. The two other unbuyable pieces are actually harder to acquire because you can't search for them on the trading post (though you can pick them up much cheaper when you do see them).

yeah the most weirdest part,PEOPLE,AREN'T YOU SEEING THE PRICE?IT'S LIKE 349NP!ok so click on your map piece, you see the estimated amount,its RIGHT there.

The 'estimated price' in an item's info is usually far from the actual value.

The estimated price is never accurate. It says that a lot of items you get from dailies are worth thousands, but no one would ever buy them if you priced them at that in your shop.

Neopets is mostly based on supply and demand. Items like jelly and omelettes are in high supply, without too much demand, therefore you can buy them very cheaply. The Secret Lab Map pieces are very much in high demand, and there are fewer of them to go around, ergo, they are more expensive. The price that TNT estimates they are worth has basically no bearing on reality.

I do feel for you, trying to get the lab map now! I bought mine years ago, and I think I spent 800k on the entire thing? Maybe not even that much. I hope you are able to complete it soon, and that you get piece number 1 through a random event, haha.

Haha don't feel dumb. I recently just started buying the lab map, and then I realized that it was so expensive and that it was probably cheaper to just buy the paint brush I wanted lol.

Haha don't feel dumb. I recently just started buying the lab map, and then I realized that it was so expensive and that it was probably cheaper to just buy the paint brush I wanted lol.

Oh no! Hahah, well, I guess it was/will be pretty easy to sell the pieces again. :)

Also the Lab Ray doesn't guarantee anything. It's all chance. So it could completely change your pet to something you hate. Painting it is risk free.

I do like the ray. I have it on 2 accounts and zap daily. It's rarely kind to me however.