I'm probably going to be laughed at for asking this...

Eme

but what's an avatar?

I've noticed some people posting about it, but I don't think they were talking about the ones on Neopets.

Are there avatars on forums or something

but what's an avatar?

I've noticed some people posting about it, but I don't think they were talking about the ones on Neopets.

Are there avatars on forums or something

Avatars on forums? Do you mean profile pictures? Then yes, there are avatars on forums like this one.

Since the forum upgrade of December 2011, avatars have sort of been merged with profile pictures. A forum avatar is an image that people use to establish their online persona. You can set or change your forum avatar/profile picture right here: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?app=members&module=profile&section=photo

no, it's definitely a valid question. I had to write an essay for my course about avatars and gender on World Of Warcraft.

If I google for a definition it says:

An avatar is something that represents you in the virtual (computer) world.

But there's different "types" I guess? Like on this forum you can choose one that you feel relates to yourself. In my case I chose an actual photo of myself.

On other games such as WoW it's your character, and what you've customized your character to look like, same goes for virtual chat rooms such as Habbo.

Hope we've helped!

You definitely won't be laughed at for asking! Trust me, I've asked a lot of really silly questions on here and everyone is always really friendly and helpful. :)

Haha. Thanks, everyone!

@Ashbash Chuckles: Yeah... everyone here is super nice. I've been playing Neopets for ten years or so (but I took a break until last year) and I really regret not finding this place sooner!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Neomysterion).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Neomysterion if you have any questions regarding this action.