So MAD!

gulsanga

So I had been wanting this morphing potion for a while and this guy said on his TP that he will trade for a darigan paintbrush, so I asked him first adn he said ok. I got a darigan paintbrush and I kept posting on his TP and he kept rejecting it, when I neomailed he said he changed his mind :( Now I'm left with a darigan paintbrush that I dont want and I saved up for that morhping potion for a while...I just needed to vent out :(

Awe no! Sorry about that!

What morphing potion are you after?

I recall that if you agree to trading a Neopet and neopoints are spent, the trade has to go through, but I'm not sure if there's anything you can do about it with a neopoint trade.

Hang in there! You should have no problems selling the dari paint brush! At least you can get compensated for it!

im very sorry that happened. was the darigan paint brush less expensive than the morphing potion? i agree that it'll be easy to sell the paint brush. thankfully it wasn't an item that is harder to sell

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that! :( I hope you can find someone else who will trade with you. Either way, at least paintbrushes are in high demand and are easy to sell!

Wow. That person deserves some reporting. But not really though, haha.

But I'm so sorry..but same with hrtbrk, what MP are you digging for?

if you saved the neomails with this person , you can report him to TNT with a screenie of the neomails you exchanged

you can also sell the Darigan PB for NP or wait for another potion to come up on the TP and offer the PB :)

hmmmm, i can recall that's against the rules... just need to find where i found it :/

but anyways, good luck on selling the darigan PB, it shouldn't be that hard :)

good luck!

edit:

hmm, it's not the exact same thing, but this is what i meant:

Hey TNT, thanks for the site. In last week's Editorial, in response to a question about trading customs, you said: "They are not obligated to give you their Neopet just because you spent Neopoints on painting or morphing your Neopet into something they wanted, even if they had agreed to trade with you if you did so." However, this is at odds with an earlier Editorial question (from issue 380) that stated: "By this stage it would be too late to cancel the deal. The other person has already invested Neopoints or altered their Neopet to fit the trade agreement." Which is true? Are there different scenarios where backing out after someone has completed a custom is okay? (This seems unfair to me.) Thanks, please remove my username. (: ~ username removed

We believe the confusion caused from past Editorials is that they have referred to custom Neopet trading with regard to Neopoints invested. For instance, Player A says they will trade their Royal Neopet for another Royal, so then Player B purchases a Royal Paint Brush to paint their Neopet Royal for the trade. Player A then changes their mind, leaving Player B upset and with an unused Royal Paint Brush that they had invested their Neopoints into for the purpose of trading Neopets. At this point Player B could sell the paint brush and regain all or nearly all of their Neopoints back. If Player B had painted their Neopet Royal before Player A had backed out, then they would have had enough cause to report Player A to our monitors for further investigation, but that does not mean Player A was in the wrong or a trickster.

When you agree to a custom trade, you are trading a Neopet for a Neopet. The cost of the paint brush or morphing potion cannot be considered in the trade, as that would be against our Terms of Service and trading a Neopet for Neopoints. No matter how much a paint brush or morphing potion costs, you are willingly painting your Neopet to match the trader's request, and should do so at your own risk. While we do not encourage players to back out after a Neopet has been painted or morphed, players can back out or change their minds at any time. If you think someone is deliberately abusing this to trick people, then you should report it to our monitors for them to investigate. We will warn or freeze players that we find repeatedly doing this to others.