Balancing School and the Cup

Ah yes, the 25th of May - all the students are out of school and ready to play the Cup, right? Wrong. Sadly, there are some players who still have school - outside the US, such as Europe and Canada where school does not end until the END of June, the Southern Hemisphere where it is winter, and a VERY small percentage of Northern US school districts and states whose school year is still the old fashioned way, ending in mid-June rather than the end of May. (which I am unfortunately a part of).

Those of you who are students outside the US, most of you still have school, right? How are you balancing between the Cup and finals and projects? Is it possible to make it to All Star when you have to study at the same time? How do you do it?

I'm asking this because I am having this problem. School is one of the reasons why the highest rank in the AC I ever got was rank 7. Now that I'm in college and only taking one class at the moment, it may be easier - but I still have lots of homework to worry about and finals the next week.

So - yeah, I'm asking for a bit of advice. ^^;

Ahh I'm in the US.. but I'm in college and I'm taking a summer course. It's only a four week course, so lots of work. However if I pace myself properly, schedule everything (and give up soooome sleep before tests..) I'm managing to pull it off. It really doesn't take THAT long to meet my daily goal. Two-three combined hours at most. I can give up that much per day. I can study for an hour, play for an hour. If I'm hungry, eat while I play. Repeat.

Sometimes I play during class :P (shhh), since it's pretty boring and I'm teaching myself everything out of the textbook anyways.

Also, my sleep schedule always goes crazy during the summer and the fact that I'm up all night is actually helping the cause (what else is there to do at 3am besides internet? lol).

I currently have the problem of balancing work and the AC...which I am solving by playing the AC at work when no one is looking. At some point I'm gonna have to blast on with my stats queries though otherwise I'll end up in trouble! Currently though I have figured that it is possible to gain all star solely playing outside of work hours...if I play from the moment I get home to the moment I go to bed...but that makes for very monotonous evenings, hence why I'm playing at work!

With that in mind though - it should be feasible for you to reach All Star - it's about 55 games a day which is heavy but can be done in an evening.

Yes.. my goal is 56 YYB games (or the equivalent in MSN/SOSD... forget SS lol). By starting that on day one, it will get me to All-Star by the last day. If you're behind at this point, it will take a little bit more. My friend was about two days behind and has to do 61 a day.

I used the past weekend to get waaaay ahead. On Saturday I got 112 (exactly twice my daily goal) and yesterday I got about a day and a half's worth. So I'm quite a bit ahead of where I should be, excellent! This is good because if I need to take a day off at some point for whatever reason (likely, with this summer class) it won't affect my progress.

That's another tip for you: weekends. They're the busy AC player's best friend. I just play all day, lol. That's the best time to catch up and/or get ahead.

Balancing school and the cup is really hard for me. Most of the schools in the Philippines started June 4. Before that, I was pretty much doing the 1 rank per day thing, but It all stopped when school began. My school time is from 7AM to 5PM, that and homework makes it really hard for me to play the much as much as I want to. So I'm targeting only Rank 10 this year.

I currently have the problem of balancing work and the AC...which I am solving by playing the AC at work when no one is looking. At some point I'm gonna have to blast on with my stats queries though otherwise I'll end up in trouble! Currently though I have figured that it is possible to gain all star solely playing outside of work hours...if I play from the moment I get home to the moment I go to bed...but that makes for very monotonous evenings, hence why I'm playing at work!

With that in mind though - it should be feasible for you to reach All Star - it's about 55 games a day which is heavy but can be done in an evening.

That's my problem too, and i work in two diferent places, so imagine the spare time i have to play AC. "luckily", my studio was flooded, so I have more free time, but by mid-june, that will be solved, so I'll spend all my mornings working.

But we can't forget that the main goal of the AC is to have fun with your team mates, and get some scoring for your team. I don't want to get score obsessed :laughingsmiley:

I'm currently in the Philippines and school started a few days ago and I'm not currently taking school. But what's eating up my time, that's why I'm stuck at rank 4 for 3 straight days and counting, is me preparing my papers cause I'm going to study in the US where I'll continue my college.

Can it be done? Yes, but you have to maximize your use of time. Basically sacrificing sleep and/or leisure to help your team more. Since I don't really recommend sacrificing crucial study time for a few games of YYB unless you're a super genius or something.

Can it be done? Yes, but you have to maximize your use of time. Basically sacrificing sleep and/or leisure to help your team more. Since I don't really recommend sacrificing crucial study time for a few games of YYB unless you're a super genius or something.

Got it in one really - you lose all other leisure time to yooyu!!

I'm in the US, yet my school hasn't ended yet. :sad01_anim: I rarely spend time on the AC, as I have finals.. but as soon as the finals are done, I usually spend more time ^_^ The way I balance is I finish one subject, then play x amount of games of YYB or SoSd or SlSl or MSN. Finish another subject and do a different game. And so on until all my work is complete :laughingsmiley:

This AC is really testing me! D: Even though this past year of High School has ended, I also have to take vigorous summer college courses which will take up even more time. At this point the All Star Rank doesn't seem worth it because of too many requirements and time I don't seem to have. I'm going to try and organize and utilize most free time I have and hopefully make it to my goal of Rank 20, especially when I can't rely on KQ's summer prizes for profit. :( Better continue playing YYB!