The ALP

Matt

i have a question :D on march 23rd, my account will be two years old. that means that i'll get two transfers a month instead of one. does anyone know if i'll get that second transfer on the 23rd or if my account will only be eligible for 2 transfers starting in april?

and as far as lending is concerned, if i do get that second transfer right away, could i do 2 pet lends and just have the second one after march 23rd?

For your first question, you'll get your second transfer on the 23rd, when your account turned 2 years old.

As far as lending, at least when I went from 4 to 5 transfers, they asked that I wait until the next month, to make it easier. (That way they didn't have to schedule the last pet after a certain date.)

If it was early in the month (say, the 10th or before) I could fit in the spare transfer, as that number is easy to work around (the last chain tends to end around the 18th, so bumping one of yours over wouldn't be an issue). However, the 23rd is too far into the month to manage that, so sorry. You'll just have to wait till April to get two pets.

I have a question about transfers. Do transfers get used up for receiving pets? Or only for sending/exchanging?

For example:

Day 1: Send somebody a pet, a transfer gets used up

Day 2: Receive another pet, will I lose one of my transfers for receiving it?

The reason I'm asking is I don't know whether I'd need 2 transfers to join 2 chains, or 4 transfers to join 2 chains. I only get 3 transfers a month.

(Could the person answering this for me please quote my post so that I get notified when it is answered? Thank you)

I have a question about transfers. Do transfers get used up for receiving pets? Or only for sending/exchanging?

For example:

Day 1: Send somebody a pet, a transfer gets used up

Day 2: Receive another pet, will I lose one of my transfers for receiving it?

The reason I'm asking is I don't know whether I'd need 2 transfers to join 2 chains, or 4 transfers to join 2 chains. I only get 3 transfers a month.

(Could the person answering this for me please quote my post so that I get notified when it is answered? Thank you)

Each transfer, includes one transfer in and one out. So if you have 3, you can transfer 3 pets in and 3 pets out. (But you can't mix it around, like if you had 2, you couldn't transfer 3 pets in, and only one out. Each transfer has one in and one out.)

So you can join as many pet chains as you have transfers.

just wondering, does the alp have any new goals for 2011? it would be amazing if we could end up getting a bgc, although with current inflation that seems somewhat unlikely. :S (i remember back in the day when we had a bgc, although i'm not sure what happened to it. that was back in 2007, when a bgc was only 5 mill...i can't believe the price has gone up so much since then, ugh~) i know that there are many people (including me) who are more than happy to donate to alp's funds, and that--maybe, possibly--we can save up enough for a bgc by the end of this year or early 2012. of course i understand if the alp doesn't feel like they want to do this after the last bony club fiasco, but it's just a suggestion that i wanted to put out there.

Our current goal is actually a new BGC. We're just... short on funding. Very short. :(

I'm not that familiar with item pricing, so I can't really answer your question well personally, but this is our best guess at the moment:

Since BGC doesn't have a price at the moment (there's only one for sale on the TP and they don't list a price) its very very hard to keep a progress chart up. If we take the last known price, from April 2010, of 85mil then we're about 8-9% of the way there.

If I wanted to borrow the ZDA now, how much collat would I roughly need? Again, I reckon I should have enough, but I wanna check anyway :D

You would need roughly (Izzy rounds the amount, as you know) 2,676,900.

NOTE TO ITEM REQUESTERS!

Please, if you send in a request for an item-lend - keep your Neomail open! Not set on Neofriend-only ;) If you have Neofriend-only mail then we can't contact you to let you know its your turn.

In the case of the person causing me to post this they've resent the same application for Meowclops at least 3 times now, their mail is still set to Neofriends-only, they have Neofriend requests blocked and I cannot contact them at all... please THINK about why perhaps you're not getting a reply before you send in the same application again!!

• 2 weeks later...