The ALP

Matt

Hi! I am also very new to posting in the forums, yet not to TND. I've had my account for about 6.5 years now, yet this is the first time in the past couple of years I'm really starting to get back into Neopets on a daily basis. I just really became interested in collecting avatars not to long ago, and I'm only at a pitiful 127. Would an older account and significantly accomplished neopets balance out a low avatar count? I'm not too worried about number of posts, I'm talkative enough to where that will take care of itself, :).

Currently I have four neopets, two I adopted from the pound this month, but I'm still interested in pet lending. Is the easiet solution just to transfer one of my personal pets to a side account? The only reason I ask is because this would use up a transfer. Any other suggestions?

*rings newbie bell* hi there :D so i have a few q's!

1. i have a grey kacheek that i could lend, if that would help. do you guys need another pet for these avvies: Kacheek Swim, Grey Wocky - *sigh*, and the not proven but possibly Must... Keep... Smiling...?

2. what items are you guys looking for (other than mspp, suap, bcg) or could use more of? i have some liquid capital and could maybe help with lending :D

3. you /ever/ make post count exceptions for pet lending? i'm new to the forum (not to tdn) so my post count is low. i want to try for a january chain, so i don't waste any months, but i'm not sure i'll get my post count to 25 by then (without spamming at least). so do you ever look at a persons account for anything OTHER THAN avatar count? for instance, do you look at their pets, or their galleries, or anything like that?

thought of another q:

can you apply for the battle pet AND a pet chain, even if you only have one transfer per month, since the battle pet isn't like the other chains and you might only be lent in a different month?

xD did that make sense? i'm tired :S

We are, at this point, not looking for any other pets to lend - what we lend already covers all the not-basic and the LE species avatars :) Items are pretty well covered as well!

Pretty much, we don't make exceptions to post count... and definitely never on the 25 post minimum. Past that we do look at other aspects of a person's account (not solely avatar count) but exceptions by more than 4-5 avatars or 10-20 posts are very rare.

Hi! I am also very new to posting in the forums, yet not to TND. I've had my account for about 6.5 years now, yet this is the first time in the past couple of years I'm really starting to get back into Neopets on a daily basis. I just really became interested in collecting avatars not to long ago, and I'm only at a pitiful 127. Would an older account and significantly accomplished neopets balance out a low avatar count? I'm not too worried about number of posts, I'm talkative enough to where that will take care of itself, :).

Currently I have four neopets, two I adopted from the pound this month, but I'm still interested in pet lending. Is the easiet solution just to transfer one of my personal pets to a side account? The only reason I ask is because this would use up a transfer. Any other suggestions?

Not at an avatar count of 127, I'm sorry. There are almost that many clickable avatars xD As I said above, occasionally exceptions are made if you're close to being accepted anyway and we can see you've made a lot of effort in other aspects of your account.

For the 4th pet, transfer to a side is the best option - done the month before you're set to borrow won't use a transfer in the month you're borrowing. The only other option is a pound catch which is risky if your pet is painted.

Paintbrushes are the number one ETS item... some wearables, some morphing potions, some trans potions, some of most things are too but not all of anything else that I can think of.

We don't lend the basic creatable pets (so no Lenny) because anyone can just pick one up from the pound, or create one. No use in wasting trasfers on those ones!

I was wondering, about the Pet Lending rules, I take it that the lower your post count the more avatars you must have unlocked to be able to join, right? If I wanted to join a Pet Chain now, with approx. 120 posts, roughly how many avatars would I need unlocked?

ok with the post about avvies vs posts. i have 229 avvies unlocked, meaning how many posts would i need? i saw that if you have like 25 posts you need over 200 unlocked but do you need a certain number of posts still? it kind of said it offsets it if you have a lot of avvies but not posts and thus i was wondering how many i really needed.

I was approved to be lent the Battle Pet this month. I didn't get a neomail confirming that I still wanted to be lent. Since I haven't heard anything since I was approved, I was just wondering about the status of the Battle Pet lending. Thanks - r

I cant wait to be lent something. The ALP sounds like an amazing idea, and I am really glad that I found this community to be a part of.

And now that I have read all.....21 pages, I feel a bit better, though all of the links before the last 2 pages are d.e.d. dead. : ) sooo I think we should have a nice round of link posting, for the general good of everyone. And MAYYYYYBE even a purging of some of the older, no longer relevant, posts

I hope this does not seem like spam as I see there are other posts like it but...

I am close but not I do not quite reach the post/avatar requirements...

I have 191 avatars. I know I do not have enough posts but I will get there...

If I have 25 posts (maybe a few more) and 191 avatars. What are my chances of getting a pet lent to me?

If the chance is nil, how many posts will I need If i have 191 avatars?

If you can only have 1 pet transfer per month are you supposed to take the pet, and then send it on in different months?

If you have 25 posts, you must have 200 avatars. Exceptions to this are exceedlingly rare. At 191, you'd need at least 50 posts.

A single pet transfer allows for one accept and one send. Meaning with a single transfer, you can accept one pet, and send one pet. Only when things go wrong do people keep a pet over the month change.

not that I am antsy, I just want to make sure I am doing this right (and to the best of my knowledge and what has been said on this thread, i did)

But I am supposed to send you guys a pm for the item lending, right?

The ALP now has it's own sub-site. (It's located HERE.) You put in your requests there now, though a ticket-based system.

Pretty much, no we're not... we used to lend a Clawed Shield but now you can get the avvie for only 50k worth of Golden Geraptiku Talismans XD Hardly anyone will want to save the shield's collat when they can get it that cheap :P And we don't want the hassle of having to lend 100 of the Talismans each time someone requests it LOL The Dung, Orange and Codestone ones are bad enough, and they fit into a single trade!

OMG, I read the entire Macky's page and there was a few things that I had no idea about it!

Is it true that we're allowed to have a main account and four side accounts???? and if that's true, how can we let TNT know that *account name* is a side account of *main account*???? I know that TNT is omnipresent like Santa and knows everything :glasses: but still... I wanna know! xD

Now I have another question... is it safe to TRANSFER a pet between accounts? Or my pet can be stolen anyway??? :crying_blow: please let me know 'cause I need to transfer a pet to another account ASAP and now I'm a little scared to do it...

Thanks!

BTW, if the ALP continous, I have a pet with a snowbunny aged that I'm willing to lend.

Yes, you can have up to 4 side accounts in addition to your main. In the event TNT needs to see which accounts belong to the same person, they usually go by IP address- which is something like a digital address for your computer- and see what accounts are logged in on it, and, from there, which one is used for making NP and which just have things stored on them.

Transfers, done through the middle door in the pound, are 100% safe. Think of it like this- when you pound a pet, they go in a big room that anyone can get to. When you transfer a pet, they go through a sort of tunnel to the new account, which can only be reached by the new account untill the tranfer time (three days) runs out, at which point they return to the old account. There is absolutely no way for a pet in transfer to be stolen, since while it is in transfer only the owner of the new account and TNT have any acess to it. You can't even cancel transfers.

Also, thank you for the offer, but we all ready have a Snowbunny.

I never really understood why anyone would want that many accounts.

Possibly if you want 20 pets...?

Is there any other real benefit for doing this?