help me with lab ray question

ororo

ok so i have lab ray and for example my pet always changes from spotted lupe to red buzz then island buzz then green uni then pink uni then green acara etc so my question is when a pet changes species it only changes to basic color? why doesnt he change from island uni to chocolate aisha for example ? does it have to be basic aisha? thanks for answers

Nope, it can change to a special colour- I had a pet, I think it was a Shoyru at the time - turn into a Maraquan Aisha. So it can happen. You just seem to be a bit unlucky!

Yeah, I've had mine change from one painted species to another painted species before too.. Just wish it would get rid of that awful Robot Tukaninny..

I have had 4 labs for years and am in a guild with a ton of other people who zap, and I have never seen a species change where the pet turns into a non-basic colour. As far as I have ever experienced (and to my knowledge), species changes only occur in the four basic colours, and colour changes are bound to happen on your pet, just not as quickly as you would like.

I'm also quite sure that I've seen it change to different race with a non-basic colour. It doesn't happen as frequently as it does with basic colours of course, but until I read this post I would have bet my iron kitty figurine on it. A doubt has been sown in my mind, but I'm still almost certain.

I'm also quite sure that I've seen it change to different race with a non-basic colour. It doesn't happen as frequently as it does with basic colours of course, but until I read this post I would have bet my iron kitty figurine on it. A doubt has been sown in my mind, but I'm still almost certain.

Same here. o.o I am sure that I've had it change to a non-basic colour, but... D:

You guys are making me doubt myself. :(

I'm almost (chuckle) dead certain it's happened at least once, where it went from one painted species to another painted species; trying to remember what it was, but I've been zapping so long, I don't even remember what my pet was originally :P

Huh. Now I wish I hadn't deleted all of my old lab logs. This time around I've only had a change to basic as well. I'm almost tempted to temporarily restore my hard drive back to 2009 and find out... I could have sworn I'd seen it before too. Maybe it used to happen but they changed it? Stranger things have happened.

Huh. Now I wish I hadn't deleted all of my old lab logs. This time around I've only had a change to basic as well. I'm almost tempted to temporarily restore my hard drive back to 2009 and find out... I could have sworn I'd seen it before too. Maybe it used to happen but they changed it? Stranger things have happened.

That may be it. I'm thinking of colour changes that happened on my previous account, so that would have been more than 7 years ago. They must have changed it.

• 3 weeks later...

Most of you are more than likely remembering last April Fools when the lab turned the pet to the right of the one you were trying to zap into a different, non-basic color/pet combo for a day. That's the only time I can remember where that happened. Beyond that, the lab changes just one thing per zap- one kind of stat, or gender, or species, or color. I can't say if it was ever possible for it to change the color and species at the same time, but the lab as it is right now cannot.