We're all upgraded! ;)

Ian

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll leave it up to a content writer to do an in-depth version of the new forum-wide changes. But basically:

- New reply system. Basically newer.

- Different shoutbox system. Same mechanism as before, just it's a bit tempremental at times. Mods can edit your posts, I know that, and half you lot don't edit your shouts anyway. If it's anything major and it turns out you can't delete it yourself, go PM a mod. They'll do it. ;)

- No arcade feature until further notice. :(

- Profiles have an extensive new layout, but most of which is similar. More things can be done through the middle section of your own profile, with the "Settings" tab probably being the most important. There you can change your "new" (I could've sworn we had it before) personal photo section, where you can upload another picture of something for no apparent reason, a quote area and a sort-of personal shoutbox on there.

- A friends list is added to keep track of your buddies on TDN. Use it to quickly PM a friend, ask a question or whatever you like. Just add a friend by clicking the link just below their personal photo on their profile.

Quick enough? :P

I can't post in the shotubox. I posted once then it won't let me agaian and says "Flood Control wait 5 seconds" even when I wait 5 seconds it still says that

The shoutbox is doing this to me now too. Was working last night though...

The fast edit is working fine for me and so is the shoutbox. Try rebooting your computer.

Um what browser are you using?

I'm using Mozilla Firefox on a Mac.

Argh! The shoutbox hates me. >=( When I try to click 'Post message' it flicks to another screen.

And when I try to change my profile the 'you have entered an illegal date like 30th Feb for example' pops out and I didn't enter a date!

Argh! The shoutbox hates me. >=( When I try to click 'Post message' it flicks to another screen.

And when I try to change my profile the 'you have entered an illegal date like 30th Feb for example' pops out and I didn't enter a date!

that happened to me and I suggest you hit the 'enter' key from now to shout because it wont flick to another screen.

Oh! Thanks Ellie!

. . .I guess I can't change my mood now.

Edit: Argh, You're kidding. When I press enter it does the flooding thing. >=(

I don't really have any problems, except the gender reset. Overall, really great! I'll check out the games.

Edit: Sorry, did I miss something? When I click on the arcade link it takes me back to the main page.

I cleared out my cache & cookies and everything but the shoutbox is working fine for me. I can occasionally shout, but it still comes up with the flood control problem most of the time.

Seems Ian asked for any error reports, but doesn't act on them. Well... most of them.

Seems rather stupid to say this, but with the flood control thing, just keep trying at it. It will eventually work. And stop the MSN (Or whatever) window popping up by hitting the enter key instead of clicking "Shout".

Apologies if this has already been said. :P

I dont ahve the flood control problem but sometimes when I shout....it appears and then disappears andI have to post it again.....

ANd th epart where it closes if you have been gone for 3 minutes is annoying too :P