Altador Cup Changes Format; Removes Finals Bracket

hrtbrk

Can't really understand the new format, but does this mean that if my team loses in the first round, I'll have to say good bye? :( just 6 days and no more..

No, to the contrary it means you will be able to continue to play for your team and still have a shot to win...

Well, I realy want to see how this new system works... And I think a change is good for the cup!

If it lasts a little less, maybe you will be awarded with more points or the prize shop would be cheaper ^^ (At the end it would be the same, less time to get more points, but that need to be planned correctly!)

I could have this wrong but this seems like it would be good for me, as I don't intent to play every single day this year...

I don't know... I just wait until there is more information available :shiftyeyes_anim:

Well... TNT is just trolling us enough. 1st, you just play with the keyboars and put superpowers. They are taking out the favourites. One by one. Remember Dasher Solley? Or Dorina Halls? Now they took out Bertie Shrutz. AND now they put a crazy-derpy-fifa-ish tournament style, that is shorter. Anypony (lol) remembers how many days had the daily dares? 18. This is waay different from my first cup(5 lol) They're screwin everything. Wr MUST do somethin. Any questions?

P.D: Maybe should be an 'undecided' thread, I don't yet know which join, go back to moltara or shenkuu, or join a 'better' team. I'm considering meridell.

So will there be an ultimate winner or just a winner for a particular group under each bracket. Or maybe I'm totally off on my thinking of how this is going to work...

So, how do you go about joining a team? I see all these postings on the boards but can't make head nor tails of the titles much less what they're talking about.. I don't really want to join with people I don't know anyway; anyone from here joining/making a team I could be a part of?

So, how do you go about joining a team? I see all these postings on the boards but can't make head nor tails of the titles much less what they're talking about.. I don't really want to join with people I don't know anyway; anyone from here joining/making a team I could be a part of?

Sign ups will be in a couple of days. Most people pick teams based on what land they like the best or what team they think looks the coolest :)

We'll let you know when sign-ups open, of course!

Yea, I understand the fact that they wanna change it and make it better and more fun for users... I just hope it works out that way. Gotta keep an open mind and hope for the best!

I can barely remember what happened ten minutes ago, let alone the format of the AC for the past few years, so personally I'm not too bothered! Well, rather, I will reserve judgement as many of you have said. Idriya is right, people on neo are always complaining regardless of whether things are changing or not. I'm sure we'll all get used to it. As long as KI win I'll be happy, haha.

I do not understand the new format at all. :( Can someone please dumb it down a little more? :D

You nicely write down the 18 names on paper, and put them in a hat.

You draw 6 names, these will be bracket 1, during round 1.

Now there are only 12 names in your hat.

You draw 6 names, these will be bracket 2, during round 1.

Then you have 6 names left.

These will be bracket 3, during round 1.

Round 1, all the teams face each other once, within their own bracket. But since the round runs for 6 days, there you will have to face one of the team twice. (Which doesn't sound fair.)

Then you have to scatter the teams into bracket again for the next 4 rounds. We do not know if brackets are determined randomly for round 2, 3, 4 yet or if they are based on your team performance, which would mean that you would then face people who are just as good (or bad ) as you.

When the 4 rounds are done, you get the final standings. The team at the top is the champion and wins the cup without further ado.

You nicely write down the 18 names on paper, and put them in a hat.

You draw 6 names, these will be bracket 1, during round 1.

Now there are only 12 names in your hat.

You draw 6 names, these will be bracket 2, during round 1.

Then you have 6 names left.

These will be bracket 3, during round 1.

Round 1, all the teams face each other once, within their own bracket. But since the round runs for 6 days, there you will have to face one of the team twice. (Which doesn't sound fair.)

Then you have to scatter the teams into bracket again for the next 4 rounds. We do not know if brackets are determined randomly for round 2, 3, 4 yet or if they are based on your team performance, which would mean that you would then face people who are just as good (or bad ) as you.

When the 4 rounds are done, you get the final standings. The team at the top is the champion and wins the cup without further ado.

AHA!...Wait, that just doesn't seem like a great system.

I want the DRR back... :(

Thanks for explaining it though! Here's a cookie. :)