Sims 3 Showtime

Ashbash

Hey everyone. I know there used to be quite a few sims players on here and I'm hoping there still are. Has anyone played the latest expansion pack Showtime? I'm really curious about it but not really willing to pay $40 to see if I like it or not. I don't really understand what the difference is between this one and late night other than playing online with friends which is of no interest to me. If anyone has played it or knows anything more about it than what the sims 3 site says your knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

I didn't buy it for the same reasons. It's basically a Katy Perry endorsed stuff pack... then they came out with a Katy Perry stuff pack lol

Way too overboard in my opinion. I don't know what is in the game, but have you watched Lazy Gamers' review (sounds like you may have)? He goes into details, shows new items, and gives his opinion... and he's kind of funny.

I actually hadn't seen that or ever heard of him. Does he do reviews of each game? That was really good. Sounds like his thinking is basically the same as mine and seeing as he's actually tried it out I probably won't buy it. The only thing remotely appealing to me right now is getting a new town. But I'm not going to buy an expansion just for that. I'm sort of tired of all the towns right now.

Not going to lie though, I totally want the Katy Perry Stuff Pack when it comes out. Some of the furniture and outfits just look really fun.

Oh man that video was great xD That guy's hilarious!

I used to adore the Sims 2 obsessively then I got the Sims 3 and was a little underwhelmed so I didn't buy any of the expansion packs (this comes after having every single one, and stuff pack for sims 2 lol)

Still the moment when I had to delete all my Sims data (because my laptop is awful and is full to bursting even after that) was pretty traumatic ;_;

I actually hadn't seen that or ever heard of him. Does he do reviews of each game? That was really good. Sounds like his thinking is basically the same as mine and seeing as he's actually tried it out I probably won't buy it. The only thing remotely appealing to me right now is getting a new town. But I'm not going to buy an expansion just for that. I'm sort of tired of all the towns right now.

Not going to lie though, I totally want the Katy Perry Stuff Pack when it comes out. Some of the furniture and outfits just look really fun.

Yup! He reviews all of the sims packs/stuff packs.

He even started uploading videos of himself playing past expansions from Sims 1. His videos are really good :D

Oh man that video was great xD That guy's hilarious!

I used to adore the Sims 2 obsessively then I got the Sims 3 and was a little underwhelmed so I didn't buy any of the expansion packs (this comes after having every single one, and stuff pack for sims 2 lol)

Still the moment when I had to delete all my Sims data (because my laptop is awful and is full to bursting even after that) was pretty traumatic ;_;

Really? I though Sims 3 was so much better than sims 2. Just being able to travel within the town is a big plus for me. The only thing I miss from sims 2 was the seasons expansion pack. I liked having the weather change.

Yup! He reviews all of the sims packs/stuff packs.

He even started uploading videos of himself playing past expansions from Sims 1. His videos are really good :D

That's awesome. I'll have to check them out next time new things come out. I'm anxiously awaiting a new expansion pack to be announced haha.

Really? I though Sims 3 was so much better than sims 2. Just being able to travel within the town is a big plus for me. The only thing I miss from sims 2 was the seasons expansion pack. I liked having the weather change.

That's awesome. I'll have to check them out next time new things come out. I'm anxiously awaiting a new expansion pack to be announced haha.

Same here :D I saw on tumblr that the rumoured expansion IS weather or will have weather :)

Not sure if that was ever dispelled but I think after this flop expansion, they need to come out with something people have been *begging* for since the day TS3 released.

Oh my gosh I really hope that ends up being true! Even a university type expansion pack would be cool. Or just anything where you can maybe go to school would be neat.

Yeah SimsVIP has posted a bunch of spoilers for the 7th expansion. Looks like a lot of magic and fairy tale stuff :D

http://simsvip.com/?page_id=8081 (contains spoilers, obviously)

Ooh thanks for the info. I don't know how I feel about a supernatural type thing though. I try to keep my sims more realistic haha. I'm already annoyed by the vampires in town. Being a fortune teller sounds like it could be kind of cool though.

Agreed. I'm sort of on the fence with it too. I mean, I love vampires/witches/werewolves but I've NEVER played as one in the Sims (even in S1/S2)

Maybe I'll start now, however. It does interest me... a lot... but I've never actually played with them.

• 4 weeks later...

A Russian site leaked the trailer for the upcoming 7th expansion and it IS in fact a Supernatural trailer (you can find it on youtube)- with witches, werewolves, faeries, and zombies (probably more)! I believe the vampires are getting a bit of an update as well.

EA is supposed to release the offical trailer sometime today (13th) :D

Can't wait! It looks really awesome!!

Ahh! Thanks for sharing. I really wanted a normal expansion pack though haha. Oh well. :( Fairy's sound really cool. I did end up buying Katy Perry's Sweet Treats stuff pack and I'm absolutely loving it! The new venues are great.

Haha! The faerie's look SO COOL in the video! Like... casting spells and stuff. DO WANT.

Just for the sake of having a separate town to do something other than the regular job/kids/skills, I gu

I actually ended up getting Showtime because it was on sale at Walmart for 18 dollars *shrug* It's not that bad. Just started to get into the magician career, but so far I am loving the town that comes with it so I guess that's mostly were my money went :P

The fairy definitely looks really cool. I could see myself trying out the wizard thing too if I decide to get it.

Lol, If I saw it for that price I would totally get it too. I've considered it a lot lately but I'm kind of waiting to see if I can get it cheaper at some point. I don't want to pay 40 for it and I know sims3.com has sales every once in a while where stuff is half price at holidays so I'm gonna hold out a bit longer.

Random question, has anyone ever had an issue loading the game where it says they can't verify your copy of the game? It's been happening to me a lot lately after I load the game. I just have to click okay and then reload it and everything is fine but it's a bit annoying since I did buy my game legally at target lol.