NC Collection Items : All of it, Part of it, None of it?

Lady Kakata

[i'm aware that the Game Cookie and Future Fashions talks have soured opinions on the Mall recently, but I still would like to have a chat about the collecting part of it!]

I'm always late for things on Neopets :C I had a look at the latest Key Quest tokens for sale in the NC Mall since I am now a Key Quest player. I debated about getting the Lupes, since I am a diehard Xwee fan who wouldn't actually USE them. Part of me likes the idea of having a full collection of something, or a partially full collection ... (that, and the Silver Lupe is so expensive!)

But I already know my collection will be flawed. I don't have the Ylana Skyfire token (SO LOVELY!) or any of the other NC Mall tokens. I would mention the plushie tokens, but I know that the Electric Lupe existed as a plushie, so it looks like TNT are releasing tokens that were formally part of the Plushie line.

It's the same with the NC Collectors Album. I formally wasn't interested at all until I looked at some items. But I'm so far behind and some items command outrageous prices, it's not even worth backtrack-collecting. I'll continue to collect this page of items as they are all Faerie related. I WOULD have traded for former Faerie items but the Fyora Collectors Staff and Illere Collectors Wings pretty much ensure that's not going to happen.

My new pledge? No Key Quest tokens unless they are Faerie or Xweetok themed, and similar with the Collectors items. I'll never have 100%, so no point sweating over it!

What are your thoughts about being late to the collection party?

I'm not really big into the NC Mall period, but I definitely wouldn't backtrack! Way too expensive.

I'm not really big into the NC Mall period, but I definitely wouldn't backtrack! Way too expensive.

Me too. Going back seems like a really really bad idea. I tried trading once - I've got a couple of really valuable things that people seem to want - but I couldn't find an accurate way of determining the values. Whenever trading on neopets you kind of assume everyone is shorting you, but in this case I couldn't for the life of me tell by how much. xD' So I stopped.

I just started a random NC collection gallery. I have no intention on buying too many things from the NC merely to collect them, that sort of thinking involves way too much real money. I get saving NP and all of that, but NC? I can't justify spending THAT much!

I saved one Lab Fortunate Cookie cause I think it's neat. I also put some spare fortunate cookie items in there that I already had. *shrugs* I no nothing regarding rarity, and only recently found out there was a huge demand for non-NP related items. xD But it makes sense. TNT needs to sell, and who better than collectors? :3

I don't really "collect" any NC items, just get the stuff that I think looks good with my pets. I am a sucker for backgrounds and garlands though, and find myself getting a lot of those. And for some reason, always get KQ token when they're released... maybe I'm a collector in denial?

I only get a NC collector's item if it's something I like. Usually it's only a monthly wearable and only if I am interested, such as the Fyora dress, Roberta's Blue Contacts (which are defective), and the Healing Springs Wig, and Battle Faerie Shield. I wish I had gotten the fyora Staff and Lunara Parasol but totally missed them. :( Since I don't have much KQ tokens, if there is a token available that I like, I'll probably get it. I got an Electric Blue Lupe token recently just to add to my tokens. I'm not really thrilled about the cookies (though I like some of the constellation wearables that come with one of them!)

So..I'm pretty much only some of it. I'm kinda picky.

i feel like once i start collecting i won't be able to stop...i waste enough money on nc as it is!

speaking of kq, aren't there like 150+ tokens or something? i can't even imagine how much it'll cost to collect them all D:

I'm not spending real money to collect virtual items, no xD

I'm a Mystery Cap fiend, though, so whatever I get from those I usually stash away, but I'm generally not buying individual items from the Mall to collect. Maybe caps are more wasteful...but also more fun!

Agreed! I never have any NC to buy normal items from the NC Mall, unless it's awarded during a site event. So if i ever come across enough NC to buy anything, i'd definitely buy normal items =).

I really wanna try save up for something which my baby Aisha could wear. Because im always so sad that I can't put clothing on it, because it would make it look so cute!

• 2 weeks later...