Eye shadow dilemma...

AngelBones

Hey all :laughingsmiley:

I've recently gone to an AMAZING sale and bought lots of goodies, all make up! One of the items is an eye shadow, which has two colours, a royal blue and an earthy brown colour.

I know they're supposed to be used together, but I'm just not sure how. If anyone knows how I would apply this eye shadow, or knows of any tutorials I would be very grateful =). I have almond shaped blue eyes, and I really want the royal blue to help my eyes seem brighter =).

Can anyone help me :wub_anim: ?

I don't know anything about makeup xD but I think I might be able to recommend you to someone who does?

Michelle Phan on youtube does full tutorials on doing makeup, and shows the process step by step.

Her videos are pretty good quality, too, so it won't be grating to watch. xD

Good luck!

Thanks, i'll definitely check it out when i get the chance =). I just really need to find something because the colours are so gorgeous!

When I want to wear two colors, I usually put one of them on my eyelid. The other one is getting eyeliner that matches the color. Put the eyeliner on bottom with an eyeshadow that matches it.

When I wear two colours I usually put a dab of the brightest colour on my outer corners, just underneath my bottom eyelashes, then the other less in-your-face colour on top of my lids. ^_^ Let us know how it goes :3

I like to use a medium colour on the lid, the darker colour in the outer V and in the crease and, if possible, a super light shimmer shade to blend the crease out and to highlight at the browbone. When using 2 totally different colours, blending is super important. Seeing the line where the 2 colours meet just looks sloppy and inexperienced.

I very very rarely use eyeshadow. I'm a big fan of black eyeliner :) All I do is use my eyeliner on my eyelid right on top of my eyelashes and kind of blend into them to create a neater appearance. Then I use the eyeliner along my water line on the bottom and just under my eyelashes for a bit of a dramatic touch. Then finish with mascara. Pretty simple. :)

I use other eyeliner colours as well, black is just the main one because it goes with everything. I have a deep blue, teal, and a silver that I like to wear. I also like glitter liners as well the type with the brush that you dab on. I usually dab the glitter on along the inner corners and a little on the outer. But that's only when I want a more Dramatic look.

My suggestion is to experiment with your colours and blending them and what you think looks best.

Thanks for all the advice!! I'll be sure to try out all the suggestions and stick to what works best =).

On another note: Opinions on liquid eyeliner?

I love it!! Whenever i use pencil eyeliner, it tends to smudge, and so at about 2-3pm i have panda eyes... Not a good look =/. And it just looks so finished off, and professional! But you need to have a very steady hand. I accidentally got my eye once, so scary! Cuz the liner just started spreading, so my eye turned black :L.

Oh, I fail at liquid eyeliner -.-"

But with the eye shadow:

Most of the time, you put the darkest colour on the lid and the lighter colour above the lid. To make the colours compliment each other, go over the eye shadow with your finger to make it blend just a little so that it'll make a nice colour :)