Help With NC Trade ??

Angeló

I never did NC Trading before , however today I was contacted by someone who wanted to trade NC with me. I explained to him that all my NC items are gifts from friends, that I can't buy NC where I live and that I don't have boxes, he said it's ok - he'll send me a box if I agreed to the trade.

He wants my Cloud of Ghostly Orbs mall_mme_ghostorb_shower.gif which is a MME item retired in 2010. He said he can get me any item I want from the mall *up to 200NC* or I can choose an item from his petpage. Since it's retired, I tend to think it's worth more than just a 200NC item or even 1 Wonderclaw or JubJub Bounce item. But since I don't really know NC Trading values, I don't want to accept an under-offer. I rarely, if ever, use this item for customization myself, and he has a couple interesting items in his NC list which I sure can use on my pets ... so basically I am willing to trade, but I don't know the value of my item and if he's trying to use my gullibility .. should I ask for more than one item in exchange for the Orbs ?? and what guarantees he'll stick to the deal ??

There is a petpage you can use to know the value of retired item. (Will give you the value in GB caps.)

http://www.neopets.com/~Granbois

Your item is worth 6-8 GB caps. :P

THE CAP SYSTEM: The cap system is worked out by the assumption that an item is "worth" so many caps. These caps are based on the Buyable 250nc capsules. So 10 caps = 2500nc and so forth.

It is a giant under offer (if you pick 1 item for 200 nc). The Cloud of Ghostly Orbs tends to trade at 8+ caps (2000 nc). Of course that's just a suggested value and nothing cemented.

There is no guarantee that he (or you) will stick to the deal, but since he cannot send you anything without you getting a box first (which I'm sure is included in the value) it gives you a partial advantage.

If you are able to pick items of equal or lesser value from his Trade list, then it would be fair.

EDIT - NINJA'D :(

cloud of ghostly orbs is now considered a rarer item on the NC boards, and it trades about 8-10 and you have your pick of the more popular items in that value (like gingerbread dream house, hilltop mushroom background and so on)

i would use www.neopets.com/~filligrees as a guide as she updates daily, otherwise make a fair trade board ^_^ www.neopets.com/~ckangoe is more in-depth with capsules and so on but i find it painful when loading. www.neopets/~Erum has a list of the currently updated guides so far.

there is a degree of trust in NC trading, and usually you would have traders on at the same time, the person who sends first is the one who should accept their items first after checking them.

TNT does uphold agreements, so if possible get it in neomail so you have records of what is agreed to. and to make sure you are getting a good offer, your trader shouldn't have any issues with you asking if you can make a fair trade board on the NC asking for trade opinions. most people will be happy to offer an opinion.

for custom most people will now consider 1 cap = 200nc but if you hold to the old values 1 cap = 250nc and people do consider that acceptable too (but it depends on how many boxes you want them to use)

and i'm jealous because you have orbs :P

so my item is basically worth 250NC x 8-10 = 2000-2500 NC ?

As an ish-guide, yeah ^_^ I also have the Orbs, such a nice item. He's either silly or is trying to underoffer.

I had someone do that to me yesterday. He wanted to trade a Scarred Pirate Eye for my Lenny Collectors Wand which is apparently worth 8-10 caps. ¬_¬ I have no patience for it. If it's in the mall currently of course it's not going to be worth as much as that. Honestly!

Your best bet is to always ask the NC Trades board, as they are often the most up-to-date. Occasionally players will hijack a thread in which a trade is being discussed to give their two-NC as to wither or not the deal is worth it