Nerkmids & Alien Vending Machine

Molly3

Does anyone have any idea if it really does (literally) pay off to use a rarer nerkmid? I'm going for the avatar but want to know if it's worth the gamble to go ahead and buy an expensive one and hope for a paintbrush or something of the sort. I know there's a good chance you get gross food or a bad prize, but just checking what other opinions there are out there.

Also, will the price deflate? I know they're not usually in the 220k range -- a bit lower, right? Considering waiting, even if just saves me 20 or 40k.

It makes no difference what Nerkmid you use, it's all random. I'd go for the cheapest one if I were you, which is around 220k. You might be able to get cheaper if you mail someone, but there's no reason for the prices to deflate I'm afraid :(

The first time I ever did it I won an even more expensive Nerkmid back, and the last time I won a Christmas Paintbrush. :)

I was trying for the avatar and trophy, is that why you want to use it or are you after 'spensive prizes?

Just the avatar, but figured I'd go after some expensive prizes at the same time if I could. Unfortunately, not so lucky. A bit of money and gross food.

Bummer.

Yeah that's all I got when I used my nerkmid too! It was a bit disappointing but at least I got an avatar out of it :)

Awe, that is a shame :( At least the avvie is a sure thing though! :D

I think it's ridiculous how random it is. I got NOTHING from it (but the avatar), and I'm glad I won the nerkmid or found it or something (I can't remember lol) because it certainly isn't worth the NPs.

It is ridiculous that getting anything good is so rare but that's half the fun of Neopets - plus there are avvies that are random and can cost loooads like "Kelp". I don't have beef with the Vending Machine, it's alright. :P

Oh man don't even talk to me about that avatar XD Getting 24 was bad enough let alone 10 wins in a row O.o Vending Machine is no where near as bad as that lol

• 2 months later...

I got my nerkmid through a random event. I didn't win anything nice. I just got gross food (although it was clamade so it was more expensive gross food) and np.

To me, it isn't really worth it (except for the avatar).

I think you get something good about 1/10000 times, no matter what kind of nerkmid you use. Sadly, most of my nerkmids have gone to waste as gross food. Though I did win a Wraith PB once, I'm still convinced that was a fluke :P

I got this avatar a couple of weeks ago thanks to getting a nerkmid from a RE. When I deposited it, I got the avatar and another nerkimid back. Probably should have sold it, but instead I deposited that one, too, and ended up with a piece of gross food and a few neopints. I don't know anyone, personally, that's gotten a decent prize from it yet.