Mysterious Negg Journey - Solve The Puzzle!

hrtbrk

I think the main problem right now is wether Rutu actually went to Shenkuu, after all.

Apparently, there were two volunteers for Shenkuu, Rutu and the neopet with the comment about stargazing.

Ah, I see. I didn't get that part, thanks.

but there's also the fact that in entry 12, someone calls out after Rutu (thinking he is the blacksmith) to talk to him about delivering the Sand Negg, when in the entry BEFORE this, it was already decided who will carry the Clockwork Negg (entry 9).

Now, logically speaking, wouldn't that mean that neither Rutu, nor the unnamed blacksmith didn't get picked to carry the Clockwork Negg? Unless TNT throws continuity and common sense out the window...

Or perhaps Rutu was picked, and the person simply got them mixed up....

Thanks for clearing up some points. Either way, I'm going to continue with Rutu unless I get definite proof it isn't.

Ah, I see. I didn't get that part, thanks.

Or perhaps Rutu was picked, and the person simply got them mixed up....

Thanks for clearing up some points. Either way, I'm going to continue with Rutu unless I get definite proof it isn't.

Honestly, I think I'm going to go with Rutu as well for the time being. I'll also try to make a chart with Rutu not going to Shenkuu at all, just like Karina, and see what comes out of that. But, just out of curiosity, did ANYONE at all read my explanation why Rutu can't be anything except for Knight or Explorer a few pages back, apart from supersilentt who first gave me the idea?! I'd just like to hear another outside opinion on the matter...

But, just out of curiosity, did ANYONE at all read my explanation why Rutu can't be anything except for Knight or Explorer a few pages back, apart from supersilentt who first gave me the idea?! I'd just like to hear another outside opinion on the matter...

I read it, mixed up the order of the clues, gave the most spectacular explanation of how it could be awkward anyway, realized that wasn't the right order of clues, thought "Darn, that would have been so fun!" and ultimately decided that the fact that Hurok had already said he wouldn't be taking it didn't matter. I think he could have already refused it, and in the end he was excused from it.

But, just out of curiosity, did ANYONE at all read my explanation why Rutu can't be anything except for Knight or Explorer a few pages back, apart from supersilentt who first gave me the idea?!

Haha. I did read, but there were so many posts from so many people I couldn't keep track of who said what.

What I have is:

Selvin :: Kiko Lake :: Plant :: Wizard

Voughn :: Altador :: Cloud :: Knight

Rutu :: Shenkuu :: Clock :: Unknown

Hurok :: Lost D :: Sand :: Blacksmith

Ricky :: Brightvale :: Glass :: Explorer

There could have been a careless mistake on my part though. I allowed Voughn to be the Knight cos I thought that even though Voughn said a bit later that he refused the clockwork, and he took the cloud before he refused, he could just saying that perhaps to reaffirm that he's not taking it...

As I said, I'll also stick with Rutu and Shenkuu for now, but I still think TNT were sloppy with the details. :P

Can't make heads or tails of the chart if Rutu didn't go to Shenkuu, or maybe I'm getting too tired of it; anyway, I'll leave it at that for now.

To be more specific, what I've got right now is:

Hurok - Knight - Glass Negg - Brightvale (still can't agree with it, but, there you have it);

Selvin - Wizard - Plant Negg - Kiko Lake;

Rutu - 5th job - Clockwork Negg - Shenkuu;

Vough - Explorer - Cloud Negg - Altador;

Ricky - Blacksmith - Sand Negg - Lost Desert.

The answer to this puzzle is Rutu-Shenkuu and that's why:

There are 5 neggs The Clockwork Negg, The Cloud Negg, The Glass Negg,The Sand Negg and The Plant Negg.We know that Rutu is going to Shenkuu from Entry 5.We also know that Rutu isn't taking The Cloud Negg because Voughn is taking it from Entry 2

Moreover, Rutu isn't taking The Glass Negg because The Glass Negg is going to Brightvale. Furthermore, Rutu doesn't have The Sand Negg because the blacksmith will take it and Ruru is not the blacksmith.Finally, Rutu doesn't have The Plant Negg, because The Plant Negg is going to Kiko Lake.

So, the only left Negg for Rutu to take is,The Clockwork Negg. :laughingsmiley:

I'm going to stick with Rutu/Shenkuu. Just because. JUST BECAUSE. :medieval:

The answer's going to be revealed on the 18th. And I really don't feel like changing my answer tomorrow. I'm just sticking to Rutu/Shenkuu, whether it's right or wrong. I'm going to stick to my first answer, fingers crossed :thumbsup:

I'm sticking with Rutu--Shenkuu until the last clue comes out tomorrow, at least. I find it easy to believe that TNT did something like have the same person say they're not going twice. This is TNT we're talking about here :guitar:

But if we count in minor cues like that, and we decide that Rutu did NOT go to Shenkuu, it's definitely Selvin, and he's either going to Shenkuu or Altador.

Still muddling through the puzzle and haven't come up with a definite answer yet, but I have a few questions:

Why isn't Rutu the explorer? He's enthusiastic about going to Shenkuu because its "exotic"

What about the wicker basket in the last entry? If it's torn does this mean the plant negg can't go to Kiko Lake because it'll get wet?

Do we assume that the writer of the journal doesn't talk about himself in the third person, and that he must be Ricky? (Which would therefore make him the "5th unknown category" since all the others are mentioned)

kotakinabalulu - I don't know if this changes your answer, but Ricky can't be the explorer because he says the explorer's snoring keeps him awake.

Lastly, I don't know if I'm being very pedantic about grammar, but why say "for instance"? Is the writer suggesting that Selvin is going to be a decoy and not take the clockwork negg?

First entry : One thing we've decided is that, to throw off those that might seek out the relic, the team's remaining members will be taking different types of Neggs to four other destinations.

For instance, the wizard of the team (whose name is Selvin) insisted on not going to the Lost Desert—something about a fear of Scamanders, apparently.

I say it's the 6th member who left before it all started, with the Clockwork Negg hidden in his pack after he drank the elixir that made him forget everything - it could be ANYWHERE!!!!

:P :P :P

you are entirely wrong, obviously.......the meepits got it. they chewed at the plant negg to make us think that was what they were after, then made off with the clockwork one in the dead of night.

Well, I switched my answer to Rutu - Shenkuu after Kiko Lake became unfeasible. But I don't necessarily think it's right. I feel like if Ricky is the author of the journal, if it's not a sixth member who does not have a Negg, then it's probably Ricky, but I have no idea where he'd go. Maybe I'll make excessive charts later, right now I'm just gonna sit on this one.

Well I've had Selvin taking the Clockwork Negg to Altador since yesterday.

What we know:

>>Selvin (the wizard) isn't going to the Lost Desert, Brightvale and Shenkuu (the person traveling here was decided in entry 5 but Selvin still hasn't decided where to go in entry 8 as s/he voices his/her refusal to go to Brightvale in this entry thus meaning that Selvin wasn't chosen to go to Shenkuu in entry 5);

>>Voughn is taking the Cloud Negg;

>>Rutu and the neopet who likes stargazing are likely candidates for the one traveling to Shenkuu (it was not stated that Rutu is 100% going to Shenkuu in entry 5);

>>The knight isn't taking the Clockwork Negg;

>>The Glass Negg is going to Brightvale;

>>It was decided in entry 9 who would take the Clockwork Negg;

>>Hurok and the explorer were excused from carrying the Clockwork Negg;

>>Rutu is not the blacksmith;

>>The blacksmith is carrying the Sand Negg which won't being going to Aldator since the blacksmith doesn't want to sail on the seas, which would also mean that since Shenkuu is on the same part of the continent as Altador, the blacksmith with the Sand Negg won't be going to Shenkuu;

>>The Plant Negg is going to Kiko Lake.

What we can derive:

- Selvin is going to Altador (Lost Desert, Brightvale, Shenkuu and Kiko Lake aren't possible);

- The Clockwork Negg holder is neither the blacksmith, knight, explorer or Voughn;

- Voughn can't be the knight because he has already decided to take the Cloud Negg and wouldn't need to refuse taking the Clockwork Negg, he can't be the explorer either for the same reason as the knight - he wouldn't need to decline carrying the Clockwork Negg later because he already has the Cloud Negg, he also can't be the blacksmith either because the blacksmith is taking the Sand Negg;

- Since we already know Selvin is the wizard, Voughn is the fifth class.

- Now since the blacksmith is neither Selvin, Rutu or Voughn, he could only be Ricky or Hurok;

- The knight is neither Selvin, Voughn, the explorer and since I'm using logic Hurok (because since Hurok refused in entry 9 to carry the Clockwork Negg when it was already decided in entry 5 that the knight wouldn't carry the Clockwork Negg), this means the knight could be either Ricky or Rutu (depends which one is the explorer);

- The explorer can't be Selvin, Voughn and Hurok (because both Hurok and the explorer refused to carry the Clockwork Negg in the same entry, hence different neopets), this means the explorer is either Ricky or Rutu;

- Now since Ricky and Rutu are the only choices for both the knight and explorer class (Ricky and Rutu have to be either of these two classes), this allows for the Ricky possibility in the blacksmith class to be eliminated, thus making Hurok the blacksmith;

- Rutu can't be the knight because in entry 5 the knight and Rutu were two seperate people - Rutu talking about the dream of going to Shenkuu and the knight talking about not taking the Clockwork negg. Rutu is thus the explorer, which would make Ricky the knight.

- The wizard (Selvin) is taking the Clockwork Negg to Altador (since Selvin refused to go to the Lost Desert and Brightvale, didn't raise interest in going to Shenkuu which was set to a neopet before Selvin raised his concerns about Brightvale, and since the Plant Negg is going to Kiko Lake that is also out);

- The knight (Ricky) is taking the Glass Negg to Brightvale;

- The blacksmith (Hurok) is taking the Sand Negg to Lost Desert. Brightvale has already been taken and Hurok is not going to Altador from fears of saling on the seas. Since Shenkuu is on the same part of the continent as Altador, Hurok will also not be going there, but the reason he didn't voice his refusal for this in entry 12 is because it was already decided as to who would be going there in entry 5 (meaning it wasn't him going to Shenkuu and thus not necessary to voice his concerns about Shenkuu in entry 12), since the Plant Negg is going to Kiko Lake, the blacksmith isn't going there as well;

- The unknown class (Voughn) is taking the Cloug Negg to Shenkuu (the Glass Negg is going to Brightvale, the Sand Negg is going to the Lost Desert, the Plant Negg is going to Kiko Lake, and since the only place for the Clockwork Negg to go is Altador, that is also out of the question for Voughn to travel);

- The explorer (Rutu) thus has the Plant Negg which is being taken to Kiko Lake;

As for who the author is, I've been under the perception after the second day that there is a 6th person writing the entries.

In summary:

>>Selvin - Wizard - Clockwork Negg - Altador

>>Voughn - [unknown] - Cloud Negg - Shenkuu

>>Hurok - Blacksmith - Sand Negg - Lost Desert

>>Ricky - Knight - Glass Negg - Brightvale

>>Rutu - Explorer - Plant Negg - Kiko Lake

Hope that helps.

I tried to do this without reading anyone else's guesses and came up with Rutu going to Shenkuu with the Clockwork Negg. My results were...

Rutu - Clockwork - Shenkuu - Unknown profession

Selvin - Plant - Kiko Lake - Wizard

Vaughn - Cloud - Altador - Knight

Hurok - Sand - Lost Desert - Blacksmith

Ricky - Glass - Brightvale - Explorer

The last 3's professions and locations could be pretty interchangeable though - I coudn't work out anything definite. I'm as sure as I can be about Rutu though.

What does the bit about the ripped basket mean? Anything at all? Or am I just hoping that my first guess wasn't wrong? :)

I'm changing it from Selvin & Kiko Lake (which I was so darn sure about!) to Rutu and Shenkuu, which was the only other possible answer when I worked it all out the first time. I had wanted to get my guess in early and get a better prize (greed did me in) and so I put my money on Kiko Lake because it had lacked a big plot in recent times. Anyway, bit me in the behind, and now I'm switching to Shenkuu and Rutu which I am as sure as can be about.

I have no idea what the right answer is now, but as I was rereading the entries I realized something. Why is everyone saying that the CWN is the super negg? I don't find anything in the entries that say this is the super negg, so how did this come about?

EDIT: dur, nevermind

HA! I'm NOT the only one who did that! Seriously, I was wondering that too, and then I realized that I'd done a terrible job of reading.

I've thought a bit more on the Rutu-Shenkuu thing, and I'm conflicted. I'm thinking, why would they have Rutu implied as the Shenkuu person in the entry? We didn't really learn much from that entry other than that, so it would be mostly a useless entry. Then again, I feel like if Rutu WERE the Shenkuu person, it would simply be too easy. Why would they flat-out tell us that part? And I feel like it shouldn't be possible to solve the puzzle completely when there's still another day for clues.

I don't think the tear in the basket will be important, unless someone sneakily tore it up to exchange neggs.

Rutu cannot be going to Shenkuu and I'll prove it once for all ^^

NeggJourney3.png

I'm taking the first five entries ordered by when those were written.

I've listed all the facts (except for Rutu going to Shenkuu).

As you can see, there are only two possible Neggs for Rutu: Glass Negg and Plant Negg

IF RUTU GOES TO SHENKUU, then she can't take the Glass Negg (since it goes to Brightvale). Then Rutu has only the Plant Negg left.

And from today's entry, we know for sure that the Plant Negg is going to Kiko Lake.

So Rutu cannot go to both Shenkuu and Kiko Lake!

End of proof

EDIT: Moreover:

From entry 5: "Today was the day that we settled on who would be going to Shenkuu". So after entry 5 someone has taken Shenkuu. It is not mentioned, like in entry 2, that everyone agreed that Rutu was going to Shenkuu. Rutu only said her enthusiasm to go there but wasn't confirmed to go there

I've thought a bit more on the Rutu-Shenkuu thing, and I'm conflicted. I'm thinking, why would they have Rutu implied as the Shenkuu person in the entry? We didn't really learn much from that entry other than that, so it would be mostly a useless entry. Then again, I feel like if Rutu WERE the Shenkuu person, it would simply be too easy. Why would they flat-out tell us that part? And I feel like it shouldn't be possible to solve the puzzle completely when there's still another day for clues.

See I suppose (and i hadn't thought of this till I read your post) another way to look at it is why wouldn't they make it solveable on the first day, bearing in mind, the quicker you solved it, the better prizes you get, so in some ways, it had to be answerable on the first day? (and they just think it's really funny to watch us sweat?) :O

Based on the texts, my results are this

123.jpg

I'm sticking with Rutu/Shenkuu, but it's just a guess, we still can't know who is taking the clockwork negg and where...

Edit: I forgot to cross Shenkuu - Blacksmith, my bad

The two things I know for sure, the Clockwork Negg to Shenkuu by Rutu - (unknown profession still, but moot), and the Plant Negg to Kiko Lake by Selvin the Wizard. That is what the clues tell us for sure, if you know how to cross reference your chart to rule things out, you should get that too. Have fun everyone... I love this kind of puzzle! :-D