My account was unfairly frozen. Any explanations?

I was at home over spring break (from the 16th to the 25th) and switched from my home computer (a PC) to my macintosh, this is why they must think I am cheating and logging into multiple computers, but that was me playing flash games for daily dare with a mouse. I cannot play those games without a mouse with my macintosh. I recently lost my mouse USB piece and so I used my parents desktop computer. I have troubles playing games that I have to interactively click on when I have a trackpad that I cannot move quickly with, and my parents have a mouse to be able to play these games.

I don't understand why I have been frozen for auto buying when I cannot restock at all, and I log in to neopets on two browsers (safari and google chrome) on my macintosh. I don't even understand what auto-buying means. I wouldnt risk my main account either. I bought mass quantities of books recently, and I would have way more than 2,400,000 neopoints if i was mass-restocking.

I have NOT been cheating on flash games. Nor have I been cheating in the shops either. Please, I don't know how to prove to TNT that I am not cheating. I feel awful because I recently just bought a Neocash card and I was having troubles redeeming it, which is why I recently sent in a ticket about it. I wouldn't risk actual cash if I were doing any of these things that could get my account frozen. Let me know if there is anything I can do to prove that I have not been doing these things.

How long does it take for TNT to get back to a ticket?

I am so mad about it.

I am beginning to believe I was hacked but I had PINS on everything.

I dont understand why they think I was auto-buying, i never knew what it was until this afternoon.

I logged on at about 8:00 AM NST and labbed my grundo and did the FS.

I then logged on at 12:30 PM NST and I was frozen.

Can anyone explain what happened?

When you were mass buying books, was it from users shops? Perhaps you were cookie grabbed and someone got into your account and did these things - but there's no way of knowing for sure. If this is the case, the things you were frozen for don't need a pin, so it could be likely.

Unfortunately, there's also no set time frame for TNT to reply to a ticket. Just hang in there and hopefully you'll get your account back! :)

You should hear back from them by the end of the year though. Sorry if that sounds discouraging =/ I hope they will fix this soon!

Well that's a huge exaggeration. I would say give it a month or two and you should hear something. That was how long it took them to get me my account back after mine was cookie grabbed.

Well that's a huge exaggeration. I would say give it a month or two and you should hear something. That was how long it took them to get me my account back after mine was cookie grabbed.

its not really an exaggeration TNT are notorious for taking ages to get back to people about tickets if they even bother to. its great you got yoursback so quickly but many people have been waiting 6months + and still havn't gotten a response about their account.

When you were mass buying books, was it from users shops? Perhaps you were cookie grabbed and someone got into your account and did these things - but there's no way of knowing for sure. If this is the case, the things you were frozen for don't need a pin, so it could be likely.

Unfortunately, there's also no set time frame for TNT to reply to a ticket. Just hang in there and hopefully you'll get your account back! :)

That's ridiculous.

Do you have any other explanations for what is going on?

I explained the flash games thing, but I wasn't cheating.. They just think I was.

I just don't understand the auto-buying thing. I didn't have hardly any neopoints out on hand - I have 2.5 million on that account but I have a PIN on my bank.

Unless they guessed it - I never got an email through my school email - mine is an .edu and it goes through my university. I check it all the time so I would have reported something suspicious like that.

What are other reasons for being frozen for auto-buying? I understand what it is but I don't know why they are accusing me of it.

When my account was frozen I sent in a ticket then waited 5 months before sending in a second ticket and 2 months later finally got a response. If they respond to your ticket quicker congratulations you must have caught them at the right time but I'm a premium member and it still took me 7 months before getting any type of reply.

That's ridiculous.

Do you have any other explanations for what is going on?

I explained the flash games thing, but I wasn't cheating.. They just think I was.

I just don't understand the auto-buying thing. I didn't have hardly any neopoints out on hand - I have 2.5 million on that account but I have a PIN on my bank.

Unless they guessed it - I never got an email through my school email - mine is an .edu and it goes through my university. I check it all the time so I would have reported something suspicious like that.

What are other reasons for being frozen for auto-buying? I understand what it is but I don't know why they are accusing me of it.

Perhaps you bought some rare/expensive items consecutively? That may trigger a red flag on the system.

Do premium members get special treatment? I know there is a phone number they can call but I thought they would be more apt to getting to premium paying users first.

Perhaps you bought some rare/expensive items consecutively? That may trigger a red flag on the system.

I only bought books under 2k though. I probably bought ... 20 or more.

And they were in one shop that was huge and it had multiple quantities of books.

But I rarely buy things otherwise, the last thing I bought was a Beautiful Columns Foreground for 200k for a pet I was applying for but that was a week before I was frozen.

My ticket today became a "Work in Progress" - does that mean it's advancing?

Do premium members get special treatment? I know there is a phone number they can call but I thought they would be more apt to getting to premium paying users first.

I only bought books under 2k though. I probably bought ... 20 or more.

And they were in one shop that was huge and it had multiple quantities of books.

But I rarely buy things otherwise, the last thing I bought was a Beautiful Columns Foreground for 200k for a pet I was applying for but that was a week before I was frozen.

My ticket today became a "Work in Progress" - does that mean it's advancing?

I'm not sure about premium users or if you buying those things would constitute freezing or flagging for autobuyers.

Work in Progress does mean that it is advancing! :)

Sometimes if your buys are at the same time intervals, it'll alert TNT to autobuying, as ABers are usually set to refresh on certain time intervals. You have to wait 5 seconds between buys, and if you're always clicking after exactly 5 seconds, even if you're timing it yourself, it's going to look suspicious.

As for getting back to premium members faster, I'm pretty sure this is a myth. I've been premium for about 4 years on 2 accounts. When my old main was frozen, I never got a human reply and when I asked them to cancel my premium service on that account (since I obviously couldn't use it with a frozen acocunt), they did it after a few weeks, but never replied telling me they had canceled it. I have premium on the main I use now. I've had tickets sitting since last July that were closed without resolving (involving some pretty important security issues. See here and here for details) that I reopened and have not receieved responses to. I think it has to do with the nature of your ticket. The departments that get less tickets are able to get back to you faster.

I'm not sure about premium users or if you buying those things would constitute freezing or flagging for autobuyers.

Work in Progress does mean that it is advancing! :)

That's what I don't understand. Which this now comes back to the idea of my account being hacked.

I really hope that I don't have to wait too long, although I have a friend

Sometimes if your buys are at the same time intervals, it'll alert TNT to autobuying, as ABers are usually set to refresh on certain time intervals. You have to wait 5 seconds between buys, and if you're always clicking after exactly 5 seconds, even if you're timing it yourself, it's going to look suspicious.

As for getting back to premium members faster, I'm pretty sure this is a myth. I've been premium for about 4 years on 2 accounts. When my old main was frozen, I never got a human reply and when I asked them to cancel my premium service on that account (since I obviously couldn't use it with a frozen acocunt), they did it after a few weeks, but never replied telling me they had canceled it. I have premium on the main I use now. I've had tickets sitting since last July that were closed without resolving (involving some pretty important security issues. See here and here for details) that I reopened and have not receieved responses to. I think it has to do with the nature of your ticket. The departments that get less tickets are able to get back to you faster.

That is really interesting, I wonder why you are getting other users' neomails.

And I always was curious about whether or not the phone number was for glitches or payments with premium as it concerns real money. I used to be a premium member when I was younger, but then I asked my mom to stop paying for it for me as I got bored with it.

I just wonder what department took my ticket - if it had to do with auto-buying or flash games. Do they have certain tickets for certain issues? I couldn't select two different options under the ticket so I just went with the first one that my account said when I logged in.

I have heard that they don't give accounts back often that they believe have been auto-buying. Which really scares me.

I don't think they favour premium members in anyway, I think they even said this once in the editorial (don't quote me on this). I don't understand how what you did could have looked suspicious to them ....

Alright! I don't understand either. I never did anything bad (they probably got suspicious when I was logged into two computers with different IP addresses at the same time, but I am being framed for something else I never have done).

Yeah I bet it had something to do with your refresh rate, the quickness with which you bought items, or how long you were restocking. I would just keep sending tickets in until you eventually get a response from a real person, and good luck. I'm so sorry.:( Every time I hear one of these stories my stomach clenches a little.

Yeah I bet it had something to do with your refresh rate, the quickness with which you bought items, or how long you were restocking. I would just keep sending tickets in until you eventually get a response from a real person, and good luck. I'm so sorry. :( Every time I hear one of these stories my stomach clenches a little.

I did buy a lot of books at once, that could be why. But why it would take them that long to finally freeze me for it? I knew I could find those books somewhere cheaper than that but yet I didn't care enough, I know I did buy them at quick intervals. And I don't restock :sad01_anim:

Obviously every time we buy the page refreshes, and I just would click on another book and press enter to buy it, I didn't think about buying that quickly from just one shop. Should I also provide additional information again and tell them this?

Do they have certain tickets for certain issues? I couldn't select two different options under the ticket so I just went with the first one that my account said when I logged in.

It would be the reason that was stated when you logged in that resulted in the freezing, so that's where you need to direct your ticket.

It would be the reason that was stated when you logged in that resulted in the freezing, so that's where you need to direct your ticket.

I understand that, but does it matter what one I picked?

This account has been FROZEN for the following reason:

This account was using an 'auto buyer' to buy things from Neopet shops.

This account was found to be cheating on the flash games.

Like I said, I was frozen for two things but I could only choose one option that I was frozen when I opened my ticket.

Like I said, I was frozen for two things but I could only choose one option that I was frozen when I opened my ticket.

Can you send two tickets about the same problem with two different options? Or will they get annoyed?

I did buy a lot of books at once, that could be why. But why it would take them that long to finally freeze me for it? I knew I could find those books somewhere cheaper than that but yet I didn't care enough, I know I did buy them at quick intervals. And I don't restock :sad01_anim:

Should I also provide additional information again and tell them this?

I'm not sure what you should do about tickets- I don't have any experience with that. I know some people take screenshots when they're restocking to prove that they did it by hand, but if you weren't anticipating being frozen, you wouldn't think to do it.... all I know is that TNT uses some algorithm to figure out when people are cheating at games and ab'ing, so if you are really fast at buying or scoring really high on games, they'll think you're cheating. It just doesn't always get it right.

Can you send two tickets about the same problem with two different options? Or will they get annoyed?

I'm not sure what you should do about tickets- I don't have any experience with that. I know some people take screenshots when they're restocking to prove that they did it by hand, but if you weren't anticipating being frozen, you wouldn't think to do it.... all I know is that TNT uses some algorithm to figure out when people are cheating at games and ab'ing, so if you are really fast at buying or scoring really high on games, they'll think you're cheating. It just doesn't always get it right.

I figured they would get annoyed, say if two employees were working on my same issue at the same time. It might also clog the system.

I'm sure they think I would be wasting their time or the employees' salaries. (Im sure the employees don't mind!)

I also believe that they don't have a phone line to call because 1) they would get so many phone calls. 2) the employees really don't have to think of the accounts they freeze as a person, thus removing all the empathy and whatnot. It would be so much easier for people to get their accounts back if they could call and talk to an actual person instead of having a typed response out. They need to see that we're real, not just a computer playing a game. It's not like we don't care about our accounts. I have played for 10 years and this is what I get frozen for, something I didn't do. And it honestly feels like a huge slap in the face.

I had no idea I would be frozen, like you said, so obviously I would have no screenshots. Don't they apologize when they really mess up for things like this? Like if you were wrongfully frozen and they find you innocent don't they even apologize for being a jerk for freezing you and not only that, but wasting your time?

And as for the games, I was honestly only trying to beat abigail's score, I didn't care about AAA's - plus, if they thought someone was helping me, then they're wrong there. My scores really aren't that high.. I think I beat AAA on the Smug Bug Smite only because I ended up clicking fast enough (and I chose the wrong competitor by mistake on the side, the games room is really glitchy).

So I did use my parent's computer but I was by myself - how do I prove that?? Have my mom send in some sort of testimony? lol.

I did beat every daily dare score through abigail (I believe one double dare and then one AAA). At least I got frozen on the last day so if I get it back I can get my trophy, maybe.