Too many goals?

Saxen

Is it just me, or does anyone else find they have so much they want to do on Neopets that it all just seems impossible??

I have a page dedicated to my goals, most of which aren't even on there cause it's making my head spin as it is. Stamps, cards, customisation, backstories, MPs... arrgggg XD

Anyone else get this?

*crickets*

I think it's good to have a lot of goals. That way, if you start to get a little bored or frustrated with one, you can work on another. Not to mention, it feels pretty awesome to accomplish one, so the more you have, the more exciting it is to accomplish them :D

Definitely! I'm the same way. I have a pretty long list going, though I've been meaning to get it on a pet page, to help me focus on it.

I feel like I'll be playing daily for the next 20 years to get them accomplished, but it does give me things to work towards so I won't get bored.

It's so you start playing Neopets and never ever stop :P I want more stamps, but I don't think I want to pay ~100mil for one, so I don't have that many goals left. So technically I should be really bored with Neopets, but I'm still playing! That's the hook Neo has on me xD

When I didn't have many neopoints my only goal was to get more so I could get a few cheap paint brushes, buy backgrounds for my pets, or get each one a petpet. It was only when I sold something for a few million (something that had been sitting on my account for years) that I felt expensive items were attainable to me. I've already managed to tick off a few of my goals, but the richer I get the easier it is to think about something new within my grasp.

Oh yeah. My gallery alone is gonna be millions of np. Atleast 25mil more before i'm done, not counting the next AC.

Plus I wanna do stamps, a neodeck, side account dream pets and lab map, ect...

YES!!! Many goals conflict with each other. The problem is there's not enough time/ takes too much time to complete the goals. I want to save to be very rich (100M+) but I also want to be a high level battledome, and I've just taken an interest in customization, while I'm trying to get expensive avatars and stamps to complete my collection. It's just too much. And that's how Neopets hooks you... D:

i don't have a goal page, but i do have a long list of them, i do as many as i can when i can afford them or for less-np-intensive wishes which are usually time-consuming, when i have the patience to do it :P

i'm a collector, so most of my nps goes on my various expanding collection of collections :P

It's comforting to know so many of you have the same problem as bad as that sounds XD And the people who said about getting hooked - you're so right, I never thought of collections as a staying tactic before! Haha they're counting on our obsessiveness and it's totally working :P

Omg... I have so many goals! But they don't seem *impossible* so I don't know what I will do once I achieve them. But I focus on one thing at a time so it's not so overwhelming...

These are all my dream pets, in order:

dreampets.jpg

Except the UCs don't really count since I'll probably never get them, and don't expect to.

But I've gotten an mara draik, an eventide aisha (in place of the eventide draik) and a royal draik so far, and it's taken me less than 3 months so it doesn't seem too bad.

I tend to focus on 3 goals at a time: my next dream pet, stamps (easy since I RS at stamp), and BD. I'm currently just training my pet, and he's at 300 HSD so far. I probably won't stop training him unless it starts costing more than I can make, and then at some point I need to save for a BD set :(!

But I find I like to stick to one thing and get it done first. So since I've been collecting stamps, I've had no interest in collecting cards, and I probably won't start picking up cards until I've at least got all the buyable stamps. Same with my gallery.. I add to it slowly, but I don't work on it while I'm collecting stamps at the same time...

But yeah.. I have lots others but those are the only ones I'm focusing on right now! And of course avvies, but I just get those when they come.

I have a lot of goals but I think that's good. If I had accomplished all of my goals I wouldn't really have anything to play for anymore and I think the site would get really boring for me!