Careers

Naamah D.

What is your career? If you don't have a job what do you aspire to be?

I want to work in video game retail(like Gamestop). I also want to eventually work my way up to be a script and storyboard writer for a gaming company.

Video games are my passion and I'd be miserable working a stuffy, business job or any other job for that matter.

I'm a botanist :D

My fave job was working in a herbarium.

edit: I forget that also I'm a semi-professional photographer. hahaha... it's something I've always done, but now I'm taking more seriously. I have my first wedding coming up. yippee!

At the moment I'm getting better, so no job. My ideal career though would be a Psychotherapist with photography and property development businesses on the side. A girl can dream!

Edit: 1000 posts! Wooo :D

I'll finish my Master's degree in 3 months (YES! FINALLY!) and I hope to get a job in a charity. I studied Business as an undergraduate and now I'm doing International Relations. I hope I get an ok job!

Congratulations! 3 months is going to fly by. A master's degree is quite the accomplishment. Good luck job hunting :)

I'm a riding instructor and just work locally, but the weather has been so bad I haven't been able to give any lessons since last August. :/ I really need to get a regular job, but I need to wait until my health improves. Once I go to college I want to study for medical genetics.

I work in the computer/technology industry.

I work for a computer company, in their data centers. Monitoring backups, restoring the data, and swapping the tapes the data is on. (And managing it's onsite/offsite stuff, since they're stored at a 3rd party facility.)

I'm a chef, or at least trying to earn the title :P I have formal training in both culinary and pastry fields but I currently work as a pastry chef in a dessert bar :) So I'm continuously babbling about food. >_> If I could be payed to play video games, I'd totally take it though.

I recently left my job as a reservations clerk at a hotel as I was moving away for my second year of uni. It was OK, but I certainly wouldn't want to be there forever.

I'm hoping to get a PhD in psychology and become a criminal justice psychologist, either self-employed or employed by the government.

I'm going to school to become a high school teacher. I know, it's a weird career to aspire to be — when I say that's what I want, people ask me if I'm just giving up or don't think I'm good enough to do what I actually want to do. But it makes sense... I've always been into the school setting, and when I was younger, I used to play teacher with my sister, and I spent a lot of high school tutoring other people.

My only decision is whether to be a Math or an English teacher. Currently leaning towards Math, because being an English teacher involves a lot more work (essays, man, and if you're at a school with Senior Projects, they do a lot with that, too)... but I do really like essay-writing and reading and all that junk. Math is harder to teach with less paperwork. Personally I think I want Math so that reading and writing can continue to be my hobby, and so high schoolers can't 'ruin' me like they have a tendancy to do other English teachers (... I've never had a 'happy' English teacher. I got along with all of them, but they were more 'doom and gloom and dark humor' than 'happy go lucky,' like I am).

Parents don't want me working while I'm in school since I usually need the "extra" time to study hard. I sometimes have memory problems so I have to review a lot v.v

I'm studying to be a CPA around my area ^^

Plus this summer, I'll get to finally get some experience at an accounting firm near my old home when I stay there for over a month :D

I'm a botanist :D

My fave job was working in a herbarium.

That's awesome! During the summer I work for horticulture in my city and also work part-time at a gardent centre. I'm obsessed with plants!

I'm a chef, or at least trying to earn the title :P I have formal training in both culinary and pastry fields but I currently work as a pastry chef in a dessert bar :) So I'm continuously babbling about food. >_> If I could be payed to play video games, I'd totally take it though.

This is also awesome! I love cooking, baking, anything to do with food. Do you prefer pastry stuff over culinary?

I'm going to school to become a high school teacher. I know, it's a weird career to aspire to be — when I say that's what I want, people ask me if I'm just giving up or don't think I'm good enough to do what I actually want to do. But it makes sense... I've always been into the school setting, and when I was younger, I used to play teacher with my sister, and I spent a lot of high school tutoring other people.

I don't understand why people say things like that about teachers. They're so important! I've heard that female math teachers are actually quite highly sought after, but I don't know much about that.

I'm majoring in nutrition and will be a dietitian in a few years. :)

When I had attended College, (I graduated it in 2009), I had intended to be a Social Service Worker, as that's the program I attended. Right now, I'm kind of scared to get into the career choice and I've only had a seasonal job where we take photos of tourists. It is NOT my aspiration and I'm not happy there. I don't drive yet and it destroys job opportunities as in the area I need, car travel is very important.

I'm not recovering from my OCD entirely, but I need to start getting over it and taking a better job.

I'd love to write, but I'm not big on articles. I'd love to work with other sufferers of OCD but I haven't heard of any positions here like that, aside from counsellor which I was trained to be.

I may go back to school or obtain a full time job. Seasonal is tough money-wise, and I like to work - not sit at home!

Next year I'll be studying Engineering at uni, so I guess I'll be an engineer! Woot! Physics and math ftw! :D

Are you studying a certain area of Engineering? I am about to finish my Astronautical Engineering degree in about a month and a half. I am hoping to find a nice job shortly after.

When I had attended College, (I graduated it in 2009), I had intended to be a Social Service Worker, as that's the program I attended. Right now, I'm kind of scared to get into the career choice and I've only had a seasonal job where we take photos of tourists. It is NOT my aspiration and I'm not happy there. I don't drive yet and it destroys job opportunities as in the area I need, car travel is very important.

I'm not recovering from my OCD entirely, but I need to start getting over it and taking a better job.

I'd love to write, but I'm not big on articles. I'd love to work with other sufferers of OCD but I haven't heard of any positions here like that, aside from counsellor which I was trained to be.

I may go back to school or obtain a full time job. Seasonal is tough money-wise, and I like to work - not sit at home!

I'm sorry to hear that but I hope you will find the right job for you soon. Getting work after graduating is hard! I read that you're from Canada, is it as bad as the US at the moment? Hopefully North America and Europe will recover soon, that makes it so much easier to get an entry level position.

Is there any chance that you can learn to drive and get a car quickly? If that's a major obstacle in finding a job it's probably a good investment.

I'm a doctor :D Well, I will be at the end of the year as I'm in the last year of my internship and will sit my licence exam in October. Can't wait!! You never really stop being a studnent in this career though, once I finish my internship, I'll hopefull go into my Ob/Gyn residency and start studing all over again!

Everyone has such interesting jobs/ dream jobs on here!! What a varied lot we are!

I have a bachelor in hospitality management, but a couple car- and motorcycle accidents made it impossible for me to stand on my feet all day so I cant work in hotels or restaurants anymore. I would love to go back to school and learn microbiology but it is so expensive..... Right now I'm working in the dairy industry as an accountant.

I'm currently working in a department store - it's not that fun but it brings a bit of money in.

I did my degree in English Literature and, while I'm not 100% sure what I want to do, I'm interested in researcher roles or working in libraries or museums. Just have to find some work experience/internships so I can get some experience!

I have a bachelor in hospitality management, but a couple car- and motorcycle accidents made it impossible for me to stand on my feet all day so I cant work in hotels or restaurants anymore. I would love to go back to school and learn microbiology but it is so expensive..... Right now I'm working in the dairy industry as an accountant.

Hey, Jacky, out of curiosity--where did you go to school for your degree in hospitality management? My brother-in-law is going to school for the same in 2012-2013.

Anyway, right now I'm working part-time at a few jobs. I don't know how long I'm going to keep that up, but it works out the best for my disability. I have my stand-on-my-feet job (working at circulation at a library), I'm about to start my some-lifting-necessary job for physical therapy (paging at a different library), I have my sit-down job (tutoring), and I have my mixed standing and sitting job (teaching special education part-time).

In the end, I'll want a full-time special education job, but while I'm living in the completely handicap inaccessible place where I live, I can't do the same job full-time. I'll be out of here in a year and a half.