Neofriend Request

Trig

So I just got a request from someone who I have never even heard of before. Their account is 22 months old, although it doesn't look like there is too much activity. I think they are pretty young (and no disrespect to younger people on the forum- I know many of you are fantastic! I was 'younger' not too long ago too- in fact I'm still pretty young). Anyways, they sent me a neomail asking me to please accept their friend request because they love animals. I mean, I have on my userlookup that I love animals, but I also have that neofriend requests are only allowed if I know the person? I'm just not sure what to do because I'm concerned about scamming and things :3 I posted on the neoboards recently- but it was yesterday and the topic is probably long gone by now so I'm not sure how the person knows me :3

And I apologize if you're from this forum and I just insulted you :3 I promise I love all of you on this forum! You're all very friendly- but please just let me know you're from TDN if you send me a friend request :3

Don't feel pressured to accept the neofriend request. For a long time I didn't accept requests at all unless it was a friend from real life. Just politely say that you don't accept neofriend requests unless you know that person very well. They can still send you neomail etc if they wanna chat with you.

You could always accept them, and a couple weeks later remove them from your list. :P

Or you could tell that user that you would like to get to know them better before being their friend.

Thanks for your help guys :) I just sent them a neomail saying that I don't accept friends who I don't know, but if they wanted to talk about animals I'd be happy to neomail them. Haven't gotten a response since :3 And I got ANOTHER friend request from someone I don't know the other day. It's weird. Now I'm like neopopular! (Haha. Hardly)

That's... a little weird, but it happens. I had some problems with that a while ago, so I just turned off NF requests - that way, if I get talking to someone, I just request to be their friend. If you're someone who does things like friend and unfriend people regularly (like on the habi boards) then it's not ideal, but otherwise it works just fine.

I never enter my pets in any competitions and I never really post on the boards either. 2 days ago I got ANOTHER friend request- I'm popular on neo for whatever reason and I'm not sure why! Maybe it's cause I've done auctions in the past couple of days.

NF only auctions are bad for soliciting unwanted friend requests. Everytime I put up an auction to lend FQD or Chokato, people messge me saying things like "ACCEPT ME SO I CAN HAS BIDZ!" Then I have to replyy to all of them saying it's for a lend >.<. I figure if someone has an NF auction, it's because they're selling to a specific person. If they weren't, why would they make it NF-only?