Question about the faeries' ruin plot..

Lauren_x

To people who participated in this event and other past events (and those Neopians who are knowledgeable about these things),

Did you have to have a good battledome pet to get a good score in the faeries' ruin plot? I'm wondering if I should train up a pet for future plots/wars?

Does it have a significant effect on overall scores?

:D

I know (if I remember correctly) that it was quite important. I remember that my pet was not trained enough to fight to those monsters :D So my friend who has super trained pet lend it to me. And after that I was able to beat all opponents. Without pet lending I would probably have much lower score. Even that I had good weapons that still didn't help me enough. But after that I still don't train my pet :D hahahah Too much codestones ;)

I had my pet decently trained, the stats were around 40 or so, I've since trained my stats to aprox 200.

If you'd like to train your pet, do it before a plot, not during a plot, because the codestones really inflate.

Battledome events usually give quite some points

yes ... and even with a fairly strong pet I was not able to cap all the Wraith opponents in the last round or two (their HP was more than mine and they had weird strong weapons) ... but i did well overall ...

not all plots have Battledome opponents .. but you never know when it comes in handy

p.s my pet is exclusively lab trained , thus his defense is a bit low

If you have lab access, it's a pretty good idea to just lab a BD pet rather than train one, unless of course you can afford to hand-train them. The downside of lab-training is of course the really uneven stats. Hand-training is basically the high cost, so I suppose you pick your poison! But to answer your question, yep it's definitely a plus to have a BD pet handy when a plot comes. I wish I had been around for TFR, when I had my BD pet trained up so high just for a plot. Unfortunately real life is really tricky like that. >_>

Goodness knows when the next plot will be, but slowly training your pet up will definitely come in handy at some point. You can get a bunch of BD avatars, too :)