How long do articles for the Neopian Times take?

Welcome Back Apathy

Has anyone submitted anything to the Neopian Times lately? If so, how long did it take?

A few years ago, I sent a story in to the NT at the very beginning of the Altador Cup, thinking that it would be great to get people in on my team. It didn't make it in until the last week of the Altador Cup. I want to write a story that has a very short window in which it's relevant, so I want to make sure I send it in at the right time. So if anyone knows how long it takes, that would be awesome.

Count at least 2 weeks... to get a first answer from them. Then it might be rejected and you need to submit (and wait) again or it could be saved for a future edition of the NT but you will never know how long they will wait to publish it...

It's mostly annoying when you try to get in a special edition such as any 50th or the Christmas one. :(

I think it also depends on the subject and number of submissions. Like your AC article, TNT wanted to have it in for the AC season, but they probably got a lot of AC themed articles around the same time. If you're writing one for a specific pet day and they get less submissions with the same subject, It would likely make it in in the week before or after the pet day. It's always better to send it in earlier though, so TNT can publish it when they think the theme would best fit current events.

you need to wait between 10-20 days for an answer

if they tell you your submission is held over ... then it might take 2-4 more weeks to be published , depending on the season .. for example my Neopian School article was postponed for 4 weeks because of the Altador Cup .. everyone was submitting articles about that ... but another article of mine (about Peophins) appeared quickly because we were just past Peophin Day ...

if you want your submission to appear in a seasonal issue , you need to submit it at least 8 weeks in advance ...