Delina: A Bad Idea

Lady Lyuba

I'm a NC frequenter, and while I don't mind getting a quest from Delina, getting her TOO MUCH is a problem, especially when one wants more rare faeries and not the same one over and over again. Bonuses are okay, and when it's not during the season of the site event, a Random Event too - as long as I have NC on hand. True, I like and want some of the items she makes (I LOVE the wings she made - so sparkly!) but the problem is, no-one else really agrees, not even the other NC frequenters and customisation fanatics.

Nobody likes recieving her quests, not during this event anyway, and I am no different (uness it's a bonus quest). I'd much rather get a quest from Fyora and I feel like she is taking away the chance of getting her, especially since you can block her by changing the language. She really must be stopped - her event in autumn is perfectly fine, I'll do those then, but not when the other faeries are giving out quests.

I'm sure TNT gets TONS of complaints against Delina, in fact a NT editorial question asking them just how many complaints they keep getting about her is in order. The more we gripe and complain, the more likely that if they do this event next year, they will stop. (Just make her a bonus, TNT!).

Oh, and hopefully not reduce the chance of getting a rare faerie like they obviously did this year, because that wasn't nice at all.

See, I was fortunate, I didn't get her often. I got her twice as bonus and once as my real Quest. I find it a bit sleazy how TNT made her a required Quest which counted for one day however.

I've been unlucky in the fact I keep getting Air Faerie Quests. I do like some of her things, she gave me a glittery Chia which is very cute, and her tree is pretty neat. Also, like you, I like the wings.

But for TNT to have been fair in this, she should not have been made mandatory, she should have always been that extra little bonus - which fit her perfectly.

Everyone states this, and hopefully TNT will listen. These tactics make it look like all they desire is money. For someone like me who sometimes buys NeoCash, this is OK, but for many others it's frustrating. I'm sure there are others who got her frequently out of bad luck.

I don't think her quests are mandatory (though I agree that they are a nuisance).

I wrote in a ticket to TNT about a similar issue, and here's an excerpt of what they wrote...

Thank you for writing in!

You only need to visit the page every day and claim your prize to be eligible for the final prize!

reminded me to check if i'ld done my daily quest.

got a water faerie. i do the quests, so i can get the crafting wig or tree bonus, but i would be peeved if i got it as a normal quest, because i like the stat increase.

also no ffq on my main.. *sigh* at least i've had one, on my side, i know there are users here who haven't gotten one at all, for 10 years...

I don't think people will quit over Delina being part of the main event, but I can see it becoming part of the larger problem of how Neocash is taking over the site, and that can slowly push people away. (Never forget the stunt they pulled with the Treasure Chests for the Krawk Island event.) Don't get me wrong -- I like Neocash; however, to make Delina, who stands for a part of the site that not everyone uses or can use, part of the main event is kinda iffy.

Alternatively, one solution I can see is that instead of restricting her to the bonus (which appears to be random now? I completed four quests, got her as a bonus. The next time I got one of her quests, it took me five), make her a separate component. For instance, when one completes a regular quest, one can visit Delina for another, too -- like how people get Lulu's prize after meeting whatever requirement is needed for DD/GMC. Then for those who do want her quests, make it so that everyone has a shot at getting all five items, kind of like how people would eventually receive all eight Treasure Chests during the Krawk Island event.

I agree. I'm currently in South America, and TNT had blocked the NC mall in the country I'm in. Yet, as soon as the Faerie quests began, suddenly the NC mall became available here! And no, they do not have any stores here selling NC cards! I was extremely pissed, because I got a bunch of Delina quests, even though they don't cell NC cards here, and I am not buying NC with a credit card.

We should be able to accomplish the quests using NP, not real life money! They should definitely have kept Delina as a bonus quest!

That is awful. :(

reminded me to check if i'ld done my daily quest.

got a water faerie. i do the quests, so i can get the crafting wig or tree bonus, but i would be peeved if i got it as a normal quest, because i like the stat increase.

also no ffq on my main.. *sigh* at least i've had one, on my side, i know there are users here who haven't gotten one at all, for 10 years...

I've been on Neopets for twelve years, and I haven't received an FFQ. :P

Oh, and hopefully not reduce the chance of getting a rare faerie like they obviously did this year, because that wasn't nice at all.

I haven't noticed this -- but it could be that I didn't get much of the uber faeries last year, either. :P

I don't know if this is completely scientific, but one of the tips the people have been giving out is to change your language to Chinese in order to avoid Delina's quests. I haven't gotten one (other than as a bonus) since I've done this, and neither have a lot of people, but obviously it is random, and no one can say for sure. Doesn't hurt to give it a try though.

I think I've had 4 Delina quests - I did two, you know to be sporting, support the site, spend some neocash, then when I got two more I started to get really really grumpy, I desperately wanted to increase Shayfluff's stats as much as I could with this event, I know I was REALLY lucky to get an FFQ and I really appreciate that, but the stats were important to me too...

mostly I think people should be understanding about NC, because it obviously helps keep the site running, but in this case I'm in total agreement, this was wrong. :(

I've only gotten... two of her quests I think? I've been rather lucky considering there are people out there who have gotten Delina quests for almost half the event, like Zooba. It would be nice if Delina was just a bonus quest that randomly occurred when you completed or abandoned a quest. That way people who want the NC quests could still have a chance regardless of whether they can complete the other faerie quests or not. Also, people who don't want the NC quests could ignore the bonus and still get a regular faerie quest every day.

Sometimes I wonder why people are so crazy about completing these quests if their pets aren't a high level. If the price of the item costs more for the rewarded stats than it costs to train my pet at the Academy, I'm not going to accept the quest. This has actually prompted me to start training my pets up so I can really take advantage of these events in the future. :laughingsmiley: Once I have to use codestones rather than dubloons to train, I'll be even happier about faerie quests.

TNT is getting more merchanary. I thought NC was always considered to be an additional part of the site where users opt to spend Neocash to enhance their gaming experience. I feel that it is fine if everyone gets 1 or 2 of her quests but anymore than that is just ridiculous. NC should always have been an option to users and not a compulsory thing for users.

On a side note, I saw many users getting fountain faerie (sometimes more than once) and I wished I had fountain, space or queen faerie as often as Delina's quests appear. But when they do appear as a bonus quest, I accepted it so that I could reject it in her face :X

NC should always have been an option to users and not a compulsory thing for users.

But when they do appear as a bonus quest, I accepted it so that I could reject it in her face :X

lol, I did that once and kinda felt bad about rejecting her like that.

Yeah, I feel that TNT is making Neocash a little more mandatory. I just hope they never go to extremes with the whole Neocash thing.

On a side note, I saw many users getting fountain faerie (sometimes more than once) and I wished I had fountain, space or queen faerie as often as Delina's quests appear. But when they do appear as a bonus quest, I accepted it so that I could reject it in her face :X

I'd love to be able to trade my Dark/Earth/Fire Faerie quests for those from the Space or Fountain Faerie, haha. :laughingsmiley: