Which specie got IMPROVED by Neopets 2.0?

chibi_chibi_tsukino

Since we had the discussion about how many specie got ruined by Neo 2.0 I was wondering if anyone like any specie now better than before?

I believe Draik looks much better now:

draik_blue_baby.gif2.png

Flotsam too:

flotsam_blue_baby.gif2.png

Zafara is so much cuter now:

zafara_blue_baby.gif2.png

And Faerie Unis are even more beautiful now!!

uni_faerie_baby.gif2.png

However, I also need to mention that I still think that while the improvements are relatively small compared to the huge disappointments (Lutari! Koi!)

The Aisha got improved, hands down! I also agree that a lot of the pets with more "ancient" artwork also improved, including the Kiko.

Sooooooooooo...Aisha, Kiko, Jubjub, I kinda agree with the Draik for some colours, the Scorchio needed it bad, so did the Bruce, Buzz, Korbat, and possibly Quiggle.

This of course, discludes some colours that were great before 2.0 such as Darigan, Grey, Plushie, Royal, and Faerie.

One improvement for all species which I find is nice is that now you can tell whether a pet is male or female by looking at their eyes (without seeing their lookup). This way, your male Xweetok no longer needs to deal with being called a "she" and your female Jetsam doesn't have to put up with "sir".

(Something I should have said in the other topic but oh well.)

I agree with the Aishas.

(As for the new male/female look - I honestly preferred the gender-neutral look. Just because not every girl does have or wants bling-bling eyes with long dark lashes. Call me a feminist, but I think the new eyes are stereotyping girls - Sorry, I know this was totally OT)

I agree with the Aishas.

(As for the new male/female look - I honestly preferred the gender-neutral look. Just because not every girl does have or wants bling-bling eyes with long dark lashes. Call me a feminist, but I think the new eyes are stereotyping girls - Sorry, I know this was totally OT)

I think most people would, but I just wouldn't want people to call Eckert or Mweetho a she, when they're not, or Rapira a he. And, then again, I'm also through the roof feminine, more than I probably should be. But yeah...you're probably right about the :offtopic:

I like the new look of unis, with the exception of special colors such as grey, and I think draiks looked much cuter before the conversion but I still like them. I also like the new look of xweetoks, with the exception of special colors such as faerie. As for the eyelashes on female pets it doesn't bother me, but on some pets such as draik I prefer the male eyes over the female eyes. It would be nice if you had an option in customization to change it.

Some Neopets do look improved by Neopets 2.0, here's some more examples of this in my opinion:

The Kiko (major improvement):

kiko_rainbow_baby.gif4.png

I like how TNT improved the Kiko's old flat style to a nice, more rounded look (still looking for a proper word for that). Plus I like the big eyes on the newer Kiko as well.

The Hissi (moderate improvement):

hissi_blue_baby.gif4.png

The new Hissi looks like it's willing to fight in my vote. The old Hissi was also good, but the newer one is pretty moderate when it comes to its revamp.

The Jetsam (fine improvement):

jetsam_pirate_baby.gif4.png

He was a pretty stern-looking pet in before Neopets 2.0, and he still remains mighty fierce and looking for a fight in the revamp.

I'll add a few more later on, that's all I can think of right now.

Some Neopets do look improved by Neopets 2.0, here's some more examples of this in my opinion:

The Kiko (major improvement):

kiko_rainbow_baby.gif4.png

I like how TNT improved the Kiko's old flat style to a nice, more rounded look (still looking for a proper word for that). Plus I like the big eyes on the newer Kiko as well.

The Hissi (moderate improvement):

hissi_blue_baby.gif4.png

The new Hissi looks like it's willing to fight in my vote. The old Hissi was also good, but the newer one is pretty moderate when it comes to its revamp.

He was a pretty stern-looking pet in before Neopets 2.0, and he still remains mighty fierce and looking for a fight in the revamp.

I'll add a few more later on, that's all I can think of right now.

Ill admit the jetsam improved... but old kiko was so pretty! D:

Great topic choice!

So here are my personal favourite improvements (disregarding the butchering of Darigan and Plushie);

pteri_rainbow_baby.gifTransformed to: 2.png

Pteri

Now, the Pteri actually had a recent revamp before TNT decided to spring the customization thing on us. However, their new artwork was essentially an updated version of the original, and it was an improvement. But I wanted something different. I wanted to see the Pteri in a new light. It's wings looked kind of big and it looked sort of fat. Regardless, perhaps it was simply because they redrew the Pteri in a new position, I found the new one very cute. It captured the Pteri's personality perfectly, especially revealing it from it's side. And it doesn't look too stupid holding it's arm up like the other pets. So kudos to TNT for the Pteri redraw.

kacheek_striped_baby.gif transformed to: 2.png

Kacheek

Again, the Kacheek art was basically merely an updated more enhanced version of the original artwork. Kacheels had always been adorable, don't get me wrong. But the sideways look was refreshing and it looked less chubbier. It still maintains it's adorable looks complete with more personality. And it's arm characteristics give it a sort of "curious" look to it. Not silly like the rest.

krawk_orange_baby.gifbecame : 2.png

Krawk

The Krawk was in desperate need of some updated artwork, and I found the new version suites it better. I never understood: what was with the potbelly? Also, the tail looked uneven and it's feet so small. (I guess to make it more lizard like?) Granted, I think they should have made some more claw-like things, like little claws on it's feet and hands. But this works.

gelert_pink_baby.gif Became: 2.png

Gelert

The Gelert was in major need of a redraw. It's artwork was starting to look very old. I recall the first time they updated the Gelert to the new look. I wasn't too pleased. I thought it far too puppy-like. Anyway, I really like the updated look, it adds a lot of depth to the Gelert and it's perfectly dog-like. The only thing I don't get is why it's not all smiley like the other pets. I PREFER it to be that way, it's just odd that they made so much effort to make others smile and yet kept the Gelert distrusting or unsure like.

in my humble opinion ..

bruce_blue_baby.gif4.png

The Bruce ... it was so flat and pudgy before ...

eyrie_blue_baby.gif4.png

The Eyrie's wings look so much better now

quiggle_blue_baby.gif4.png

Quiggles needed a huge update

I own both a Bruce and an Eyrie. At first I was very sceptical of the new Bruce, but I actually prefer the new design now. I am indifferent to the new Eyrie look, it's neither better nor worse.

To be honest, I don't even really remember the old neopets, all of mine got updated and customized, and I didn't mind a lot of the old ones, nor do I mind many of the new ones either. I have my favourites, and they've largely stayed the same. I think the Gelert looks cute with its tongue sticking out, so I wish they would've kept that :3 For the most part though, I really like the new ones :) They look more up-to-date.

Really?? I liked the old Jetsams more!!

• 3 weeks later...

I loved the Gelert before, but I think the change just made me love it even more. Same with the Kougra and Uni.

Agreed! I didn't mind the kougra too much before, but I remember wayyy back when they had a kind of 'front-facing' pose and really large feet - definitely a huge improvement compared to that LOL.

I also think the uni looked a little stocky and awkward before, at least in some colours.

uni_tyrannian_baby.gif2.png

Draik, Scorchio and Jetsam definitely got a good deal out of the update, while the Grarrl, Pteri and many others pulled short straws. In most cases, I would much rather have UC pets than have the ability to make them wear clothes.

• 3 weeks later...