About IP's and Zip Codes

Naamah D.

I found out that this Summer I will be moving to another town in my state. This, I imagine, will effect my IP if I'm not mistaken. Doesn't IP mean who logs in from what state, town, zip code or whatever it is?

Anyway, so this means I will have to change the zip code on all 5 of my accounts, correct? Will I get a new IP?

You will get a new IP address and for account security you will want to go in and change your zipcode to the new one. TNT is awfully suspicious these days and that is the best thing you can do to protect your accounts from getting a chain freeze. Beyond that just go about your normal business :)

However I don't have to put a "I moved blah blah blah please don't freeze me." message do I?

Do they even read those?

There's no harm in putting one if you think it helps. Then again, if you did sell your account (or whatever they might accuse you of) it'd be just as easy to put a 'dear tnt' message up full of lies.

Nah, I wouldn't worry too much. Just update your info and you will be fine. TNT doesn't even look at "dear TNT"'s.

Two years ago I moved from the Netherlands to California, and I never had any problems, so if I can move from one side of the world to the other, I am sure you wont have any problems moving around in your state ;)

You don't have to worry. :) TNT understands that people move/log in from different places. I doubt they'll even realize you change IPs unless they're watching your account for suspicious activity (which I'm sure they aren't lol). I've had IP changes several times and moved with no problem.

They said in an editorial that they don't read any of those "dear TNT" messages, so no need to put one up.