What should I make my gallery theme?

linsta

I started out wanting to make a gallery for either neopets heroes or villains, and I ended up picking heroes because it seemed a bit easier. But I found that my gallery as a whole was rather inconsistent. I liked the idea because it seemed somewhat original to me, but there is no uniformity, which is what makes a gallery look really great. There are way too many characters, and most have only 4-10 items while a few like sloth/jhudora/illusen/fyora etc have like 200.

Anyways, I've been trying to find a gallery theme that fits me and I like personally, that has a lot of uniformity in how it looks (like maybe all one colour, or all similar objects), but at the same time, I want it to be somewhat original?

Here were a few themes I was thinking of. I know they're not very interesting or original, hence why I need more ideas ><! But I just randomly came up with them because they are things that I personally love:

Snow/ice

Pink

Cloud (although I am not too fond of the purply cloud colour neopets uses)

Some kind of shape, like round/spherical

I was also thinking of doing some kind of petpet theme. I would LOVE to do a gallion gallery but there aren't enough gallion items =(

Anyways, it would be great if anyone would like to help me brainstorm =D. I realize that other people won't know my likes/tastes, but maybe some cool ideas will pop up!

Maybe you could do a gallery on your favourite land. Currently I'm collecting all items faerie related for my gallery. It's going to be huge when its finished.

Snow and Ice would sound nice out of those you suggested. What would also help is if I asked you on what your favourite Neopet is, which can also provide another fine idea for a decent gallery. You could aim for a Xweetok, Eyrie, or Draik gallery if you like. I haven't seen anyone else do a gallery based on a certain Neopet besides Xepha with her Wocky-themed gallery.

I'm no idea person, but I wanted to help you out the best I can. C:

Thanks a lot for the ideas!

I did think of doing a maraquan/underwater theme since maraquan is my favourite colour (not really fond of the actual place though).

My favourite pet is a draik, but someone in my guild has a draik gallery so I didn't want to also have one =(

Are you making the gallery mostly for fun or to win the spotlight? Because I've looked at a lot of spotlight winners and some don't have all that many items at all, and gallion (according to the jellyneo item database..) have about 42 items, which I know isn't huge, but trying to get all the gallions in different colours would be quite a significant goal :)

Otherwise if you want a really original one you need to think outside the box a little I think, like think of your favourite movie and try and get neopet related items to that, such as 'the lion, the witch and the wardrobe'. If you don't mind too much that someone else will have done it before, then things like cloud related items (or any single theme like starry/books/robot/jelly etc) look really nice because they all share the same or similar pattern.

And building on Angelo's theme, maybe you could do all art related items like easel/paints/berets and whatnot. Although you would probably have to try have all the paintbrushes in it then!

I'm not making it for the spotlight, more just for fun and it's fun to collect something. Also I just want it to look cool and hopefully impressive although I'm' not very rich and am trying to put my funds into a few draiks. I'm kind of leaning towards the gallion theme although I guess I won't be able to add very much to it for a while. I guess if I end up collecting all the gallion items I could think of a smart way to expand.

And although I guess I am an artist and I like to draw/paint I kind of don't like the whole concept of th artsy fartsy image with whatever art paraphernalia. I guess because I have become somewhat cynical towards art but don't mind me xD

Anyways, thanks for all the help. I'll probably go with the gallion theme. It would be nice to have something more original but more than anything, I just want it to look nice and have a lot of uniformity to it.

its one of the reasons why i collect kadoaties, in that since there are a small amount of items, at least i know when i will be done with it :)

unfortunately i'm bit of collecting maniac, so i've expanded it into kadoatie accessories (petpet supplies and paint brushes) and also started collecting NC wings, muffins and weird neopian fruits.

and an apple gallery *shifty*

gallions are beautiful, i would suggest collecting whatever makes you happy (that way you will get the best out of collecting), i have a section in my gallery for random stuff i like :) it includes totally random stuff like winged kookiths, faerie food, plants and furniture :P