Anime lovers unite!

April

That's right. Anime lovers unite!

Which do you adore?

Are there any pairings you like? Your favourite character?

I personally adore Inuyasha, Digimon, Wolf's Rain and a few others.

I adore Tai, for a character in Digimon but my favourite Digimon are Agumon and Gabumon. (Their evolutions are amazing) Renamon is pretty awesome as well.

My favourite Inuyasha character has to be Sesshomaru.

There is also a few movies I adore. Princess Mononoke is my favourite, by far.

So share your love for anime! =D

There's actually quite a few anime that I love xD

Well first of all, number one anime I love is Bleach =D It has great characters, awesome combat and awesome zanpakutou.

I also love baka to test shoukanjuu for its hilarity and plot and naruto for its ingenious combat as well.

As a character, I love Lain from serial experiments lain.

I also love pokemon for being the most successful RPG game of all time xD

There's actually quite a few anime that I love xD

Well first of all, number one anime I love is Bleach =D It has great characters, awesome combat and awesome zanpakutou.

I also love baka to test shoukanjuu for its hilarity and plot and naruto for its ingenious combat as well.

As a character, I love Lain from serial experiments lain.

I also love pokemon for being the most successful RPG game of all time xD

I love Pokemon but only the first 150 pokemon. When they begin adding more and it ends up the same thing time and time again I get bored of it.

Vulpix is the cutest thing ever. <3

vulpix.jpg

Bleach is pretty awesome though. =D

Shouldn't be too much of a surprise which anime I like based on my name :3 I LOVE the original 150, but I also was excited with the Johto region pokemon when it came out. Other than that, I only play the games.

I REALLY enjoy lots of anime! The newest ones I've seen were Deadman Wonderland, Zero no Tsukaima (excited for season 4 coming soon!), and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

I don't mind watching subs since a lot of great anime will probably not be translated to English so yeah. I still love Inuyasha but I'm sick of waiting for the Final Act to get translated for the true ending (saw the final season in Japanese and it's SO GOOD!). I used to like Bleach and Naruto... but then they became too long for my liking so I don't enjoy them anymore besides from season 1.

Picking my favorite ones is very tricky since I've seen quite a bit of anime in the past year. For now I totally adored "Itazura na KISS" since it had my heartstrings go d'awww x3

Pokemon, InuYasha, Dragon Ball Z, Fruits Basket, Lucky Star, and Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood).

Those are my favorite anime. Pokemon I like, but Ash stays 10 the whole time, Pikachu stays inexperienced, and the new pokemon kinda suck. :/

I like the first 386. And a bit of the Sinnoh ones. And CONKELDURR.

Fruits Basket I was introduced to, and it is awesome <3 But it does need more episodes.

Lucky Star, I really liked, and I wish it had more episodes. :/

InuYasha I randomly started watching on Adult Swim, along with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. But for FMAB I just looked up the episodes because I didn't want to wait a week. xD

Dragon Ball Z... I don't know when I started liking it. It's my favorite anime. I think I just found a video and liked it. xD

I might start watching Tokyo Mew Mew, but I heard it's for young kids and girls. I am a young kid, but still. And I think Lucky Star falls under the same category, but who cares. xD

Oh yes! The Final Act. Seen it in Japanese and can't wait until it's out in English!

I just recently began watching Inuyasha again and found out that they actually finished the story.

I am so excited. Never heard of a couple of the ones you've mentioned and think I may check them out. Always looking for new anime to watch.

And Eevee is adorable. I love how she can evolve into so many different ways.

I love shoujo anime.

Favourites right now: Kiniro No Corda (La Corda d'oro), Wagnaria! (WORKING!!), basically any slice of life anime.

I like Bleach, mainly for its seiyuu and also Hetalia (Axis Powers/World Series).

And of course, any Ghibli movies.

I used to consider myself an anime fan. Truth is, I haven't been keeping up with the recent anime. However, some of my old favourites were:

Pokemon->It was pretty much the first anime I ever watched, aside from the mutilated English of Sailor Moon which I never really finished. I loved the idea of having my own intelligent partner and being off on my own at merely 10. The games were so addictive and I loved collecting the cards. I stopped watching the anime after getting fed up with Team Rocket usually being the only form of drama.

Digimon->When it first came out, I thought it was merely a Pokemon copy. I didn't realize it started out as a Tamagothchi pretty much a year after the Pokemon games came out. I much preferred the storyline to Digimon and I loved their partners, particiularly Gatomon. I've watched all seasons EXCEPT 4 where the kids literally turn into Digimon.

InuYasha-> This anime became very popular in Canada. My boyfriend and myself were watching it recently but suddenly stopped. I loved Inu Yasha and Sesh. I sort of named my cat after Kirara. *Kiara is her name*. I prefer watching the original un dubbed version, although the English one is dubbed by Canadians -- but they're kind of awful in my opinion.

CardCaptor Sakura-> I HATED Cardcaptors for KILLING Cardcaptor Sakura. I loved the relationship between Sakura and Syaoran. <3

xxxHolic-> I hated the ending to the manga. I stopped watching the series before it finished so I don't know how they had ended it.

Tsubasa-> A lot of people hated the anime. I thought the anime was beautiful but it did contain a lot of useless filler. I prefer the manga but I didn't like the end.

I remember watching Fruits Basket years ago and was soo mad that it didn't have a real ending that I bought the whole manga series xD No regrets!

Some of the anime I mentioned like Deadman Wonderland and such is really gory so go at your own risk alright ;3 I personally kinda like gory anime o.o

I love the whole listing favorite thing so I guess I can try with the few I totally enjoyed!

1) Pokemon - Oh man..memory lane with the first 2 seasons and then it got really...dumb with May and afterwards. I adore Eevee the most out of the eeveelutions and might consider doing an Eevee run to show everyone that it's doable :P I wish they would replace Ash with Red and all the BETTER people from games or the manga. Pokemon IS my childhood~

2) Inuyasha - I loved him and this anime. Sure it has its filler episodes and such but the Final Act was what reminded me how awesome the concept of the show really was. I wish there were more episodes but at least it ended right :3

3) Itazura na KISS - Randomly found this anime and it's mainly a romance/comedy. However, this one was a bit different from others I've seen and it made me happy, sad, laugh, and more. Plus Kotoko reminds me of myself to an extent xD

4) Dragon Ball Z - Another memory lane! I actually took the liberty to rewatch EVERY episode online. Took over 4 months thanks to schooling but worth to watch the unrated and uncensored version!

5) Zero no Tsukaima - Think of it as a Harry Potter/Golden Compass combination that really is fun to watch! After season 1 though...it got too perverted for my tastes but I continued to watch it for the story and cute couple (SaitoxLouise!) Season 4 is rumored to air in Japan this month so I'll be on the lookout for it >:3 I LOVED season 2!

6) Clannad: After Story - I put season 2 on my list because season 1 kinda bored me...but you NEED to watch it to FULLY get season 2 and appreciate it! This anime made me cry so much to the point that I didn't think the next situation could make me cry more. This will really get your heartstrings and I haven't met one person that has seen the anime and not at least feel like almost crying. Worth it though!

7) Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Gory anime. This will mess up an innocent mind but it's awesomely mind-blowing! If you can handle the gore, then give it a try. This had an awesome story and I couldn't help but rewatch the whole thing to experience it again. Season 1 was best but Season 2 explains it more better.

Pokemon: One of the first animes that I have watched. Pokemon use to be aired once a week at my country and I remembered planting myself in front of the television before it even started. I preferred it before they started introducing a gazillion new pokemons though. I didn't bother to try and keep up with the new pokemons after awhile.

Bleach: One of my favourite animes of all time! I love the battle scenes and the way Ichigo never seem to die. I am still amazed by how they are still ciming up with new plots after so long.

Code Geass: This anime really messed with my head for awhile. Love it for its complex storyline and the dark twists.

Claymore: I really enjoyed the battle scenes and the complex interpersonal relationships between the characters. The storyline started off well but got a little too far-fetched for my liking towards the end.

I've only really watched on anime, and that's Bleach. I absolutely love it. It took me awhile to get into it, but I've never really been able to watch any other animes. I've started some, but I just couldn't enjoy them.

Heard of quite a few different anime I have not yet seen. There is so many I want to try but I can never decide what to try first.

But I do continue to watch lots of movies.

Spirited away is a lovely one as well. =D

Another thing I love about lots of anime is most of them have amazing music. If you haven't seen Inuyasha or listened to some of the endings listen to the third ending they used. It's called Dearest. This is the shortened version for the ending. The full song is even more amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCDYNhCdrj4

It's sung by Ayumi Hamasaki. While the English versions of the songs are nice I've always loved the original Japanese. So many people refuse to even listen to a song if it's not in English. DX

I do love all the Inuyasha songs but Dearest was the first one I ever heard so it has a special place. :)

I really dislike people that wouldn't give another language a try, especially for fantastic music!

Inuyasha had a LOT of great songs. I loved "With You" the moment I saw it because it was soooo catchy and gave me goosebumps! Why Inuyasha have to be over x'D

Thanks to this board, I went out to see when Zero no Tsukaima was gonna premiere and apparently the first episode was already translated so woohoo!

The 2nd season opening was the best!

Ahh, I love all the music. <3

And I am so sad it's over but at least it's officially finished. I remember coming to the end of the episodes before the final act and being annoyed to never find out what happened. I'm just happy to see it got finished and not left undone.

But Inuyasha always will have a special place in my life. <3

Well it depends on what genre you're mainly into. Inuyasha was mainly action/adventure/some humor/some romance/other stuff xD

If you like the creator of Inuyasha, you can try Ranma 1/2. It has a lot of familiar voice actors you heard on Inuyasha and made from the same awesome woman!

Or even Shakugan no Shana would be good ^^

I enjoy a lot of anime, though I never really had a lot of time to watch them, though.

I'm fond of animes like DragonBall Z, Pokemon, FLCL, Gurren Lagaan, and Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo. I'm just sad that Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo is one of the most underrated manga-inspired animes around, I used to watch it a lot when Cartoon Network aired it every Saturday night on Toonami. I'd suggest Bo-Bobo for anyone who enjoys good comedic cartoons (I.E.: Ren & Stimpy, Animaniacs, Rocko's Modern Life, etc.), I will ensure you that you'll be left laughing after watching several episodes of the series.

Oh my goodness, Digimon!!! :laughingsmiley:

Anyway, I'm not a hardcore fan like my sister, but I've seen many different anime that I enjoy! Of course there's Pokemon, initially, Digimon (the first two seasons were the BEST), Sailor Moon, and Cardcaptor Sakura. I'm a huge fan of Miyazaki films (My Neighbor Totoro, Nausicaa, Princess Mononoke, etc.) and a Makoto Shinkai fan (Voices of a Distant Star is my absolute favorite anime movie). Uhm, and then I really like Fullmetal Alchemist, Chobits, Fruits Basket, Angel Beats!, Ghost in the Shell...I could go on, ha.

I completely agree. The first two seasons of Digimon were the best! Although I despised Davis. Simply because he was trying to replace Tai and he was my favourite. <3

But I loved Gabumon's digivolves because they're wolf life and that's my favourite animal.

And Agumon was awesome! And Gatomon. And I guess most of the Digimon. =D

Also Miyazaki films = LOVE

Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away being my favourites.

I'm still quite new to anime (and by it I mean watching it)!

I recently completed watching Lucky Star, the first ever anime I watched! It's extremely cute; it's no wonder why my display name's Konata Izumi on another site! :wub_anim: So, any recommendations for the newbie here? On what anime I should watch next?

My favorite thing about Lucky Star is that it makes SO many references to other anime! It makes it more funny when you actually get it like when they referenced Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Dragonball, Pokemon, Fist of the North Star, Full Metal Panic, and so many more!

Since you enjoyed Lucky Star, how about considering Azumanga Daioh? I saw this anime before Lucky Star was out and it instantly reminded me of Azumanga Daioh. It involved crazy high school students, random references, and plenty of comedy xD I have the full series on dvd so I would recommend it :3

• 2 weeks later...