Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Ooo, so they're tapioca. I'm not really a fan of tapioca but the tea part sounds good. We don't really have anything like that. People here aren't really into tea so much as coffee obsessed so I guess similar drink places like Starbucks or Dunkin' Doughnuts but I can't drink coffee so I don't know much about the different sugary coffee drinks.

I've never heard of milk tea before. I should try to find some.

Chai tea is really good hot. You should try it... especially you actually live in a place with a cold winter.

I love bubble tea... the tapioca doesn't have much of a flavor, mostly texture. I also like getting smoothies with the boba. mmm.

Yep. We had our first bit of snow in the beginning of the month. For the rest of the month, it's been near freezing, or below, at night, then in the 60-70s during the day. But that's supposed to end tonight. We supposedly going to get at least 6 inches.

I might have to do that this weekend. We're supposed to get a big snow storm tonight. <_<

It's been seasonable where I am, but I never expected some pre-Halloween snow anywhere in the USA. I remember it snowing as early as late November when I was in elementary school. :O

We always get snow early. The last 3 winters, we've gotten our first snows in October, ranging from early to late in the month. I wouldn't be surprised if we had snow in September some years. I know we had a snow storm as late as May last year.

I know there was a really bad one a few years ago... my friend is from CO, and she would drive home for Christmas by herself in the snow. I always thought that was a bit crazy.

I'm not sure I'm ready for snow... I'd just like to be out of the 90s! :laughingsmiley:

We had a pretty bad storm in March of 2010. We went to Denver for a concert, and actually got stuck there. All of the highways out of the city were closed. We didn't get home until 6 am the next morning. (And I was supposed to be at work at 7, but I had to call my manager at midnight and tell him I was stuck in Denver.) :laughingsmiley:

If I ever choose to live in US I'm definately coming to Colorado for snow :) <3 I hope we'll have snow soon - which we won't. We'll get in in December and we'll have it till March <_< Anyway in two weeks I'm going to Czech Republic (Prague) and I checked their weather and it says the first snow comes in November for St.Martin (don't take this litterally) - that's means we'll warm ourself with a nice dinner and wine :)

Oh and about the tea .. tea with MILK???? Ewwww.

I just realized I'm obssesed with snow.

I like milk with earl grey tea. I don't have milk in most of my tea... it actually negates most of the health benefits. :whistle:

I like boba (bubble) tea without milk too.

I like to visit the snow, but I'm not sure I could live somewhere that it snows.

So I absolutely adore Chai Tea!!! It is probably my favorite kind of tea.

I haven't tried Bubble Tea yet, though a lot of shops and cafes around my college campus have it so I'll probably need to try it soon. Your descriptions have all made me thirsty for tea though, which is good because it's getting super-cold where I'm at!

Ahahah yea. The pearls don't taste like Tapioca. But they're gooooood.

If you want to try Milk Tea... do you have Pokka? It's a brand, and they sell really good bottled milk tea. :yes:

I looked on their website and apparently Pokka is available in the US, but not the bottle milk tea :(

@Spritzie, I'm honestly not sure if I've ever just had plain black tea. Is that weird?

In my country we don't drink tea with milk. We don't have Bubble tea or Starbuck or any other coffe/tea shop that I'd know of actually .. I personally love fruit smoothies. We just had two smoothie shops that make awesome smoothies, really.

I don't like milk, anyway. Except milk ice cream. It's the best ice cream I've had and it was in Rome (it was actually gelato). They had like 120 flavours .. <3