Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Ryan, Despicable Me is put out by Universal Pictures.

I thought it was pretty good. Definitely worth watching.

I am feeling so lazy tonight. I almost wish I had a novel to read and do a paper on. (Kidding.) But I do need to start a new book.

Hmm... I usually hit YouTube when I'm feeling lazy. Watching videos requires very little effort. xD

Sometimes I find a random piece of poorly written code and force myself to fix it up though. That generally gets me going.

I don't know how to answer you people and your college stuff. I don't get to go until I can scare up funds. lol. So no college for me until I get a job XD

Heh. I guess I'm very fortunate indeed, because I'd be pretty useless as an employee. (:

I don't know how to answer you people and your college stuff. I don't get to go until I can scare up funds. lol. So no college for me until I get a job XD

Don't feel bad. I can't say much about college either, since I never went to college. I started working at 16, and just kept it up. (Plus other factors, like the fact that I've always hated school, my health in HS made me hate school more, and I never felt passionate enough about anything to devote years of schooling to.)

Don't feel bad. I can't say much about college either, since I never went to college. I started working at 16, and just kept it up. (Plus other factors, like the fact that I've always hated school, my health in HS made me hate school more, and I never felt passionate enough about anything to devote years of schooling to.)

I loved school. I hated it over the last year, because it was a tough year, and I had to deal with some majorly upsetting issues that year, too, but I missed school almost as soon as I was out of it. But taking two years off was basically involuntary due to the events in my life, but ever since I have wanted to go back. But not being able to land a job because of the current economy has adversely affected my ability to go back to school.

However, if I can pay for my first year, I am more than capable of funding the rest of my education via scholarships and grants. I just need the grades to qualify for them XD

I did well is school, but never really liked it. There were 2 years in school that I loved: kindergarten and 8th. But then again, in HS, I got horribly sick, and it didn't end up going well. I dealt with it all through HS.

I've thought about taking some business classes, though.

Guys, I need help deciding something. Tomorrow morning we're gonna start out high school classes selection and i'm not sure what to do.

Should I take a bunch of classes that'll put me towards a future career in business and banking like i've kinda wanted to do for a long time

orrrrr...

Since I don't think I could keep my sanity with all the math and eventually having to sit in an office... Go with courses that'll let me do something not so... Boring. Like maybe something that has to do with more litertureish and artsy stuff. (Yay for making up words!)

I'm stuck.

And very tempted to take drama.

I kind of hate school lol. I feel as though school is full classes and information that we wont use 75% when we get in the real world.

Like math, we all know in life you only use addition, subtraction, and mulitplication; why put us throught he suffering ! lol

I think for the average person, math might be a bit over done. I don't use anything beyond the basics for work. But I use forumlas I learned in Algebra all the time in my day-to-day life. (I actually used my favorite equation about 10 minutes ago.)

Ryan, couldn't you do a bit of each? (I may behind the times, but here, HS classes, until you got into the AP stuff, didn't matter what you were doing for college/a career. You could take a ton of math classes all through HS, then go for an English major in college.)

Yeah, I guess, i'm kinda looking to go one way or the other though.

I think we get two electives for freshman year so maybe i'll try out either computer science or intro to marketing for one, and then drama for the other.

Also, should I try honors biology? I heard theres a lot of homework so i'm a bit reluctant, and i'll already be taking honors english and AP history depending on if they have it for freshmans.

Honors biology isnt too bad; Im a big science geek, I took AP Chemistry, Biology, Environmental, Physics, and Anatomy and Physiology. All AP sciences. And I just started a microbiology course at a college for dual enrollment.

AP History can tend to be a lot of work. I know AP World & American have tough tests I got a 3 on one and a 4 on the other. They can be very tasking.

If your school offers AP Psychology, you should take them up on it. Its a great course and so interesting.

Spritzie what is your favorite equation ? I never actually find myself using any of mine :/

I don't know that's named, but I call it the "X equals of, is.

Using it you can figure out a percentage, or what number is the 34% (Or any chosen percent) of a certain number, or a certain number is 34% (or any chosen percent) of what number. (You can only have one unknown value as X, so the rest you have to know.)

But if I wanted to find out what percentage I have towards a Draik Egg, I'd set it up like this:

x.............. 9,700,000

------- = --------------------

100 ...........12,500,000

Then cross-multiplying getting:

12,500,000x = 970,000,000

Then dividing by 12,500,000.

Therefore, I'm nearly 78% to a Draik Egg.

*nods* I don't know why I enjoy that so much. But I use it whenever i get a chance.

Setting up a proportion :) Nice use of math skills hehe :rolleyes_anim:

And thank you Ryan ^_^ I love Harry Potter, I am the co-owner of an HP themed guild on Neopets; I am very happy with the progress my guild has made.

Hmm, Im not a big history person though. Pschology I love though ; I want to be a Neuropsychologist after I graduate in a few months :graduated:

Its useless HS math I hate; Like I am in Calculus now, and to be honest, when will I ever have to know how to graph a tangent, sine, cosine graph or whichever ones. Like seriously ? Yea, I'm totally gonna be walking down the street one day like hey a parabola, Let us use the quadratic formula to figure out the equation for it. Come on ! LOL :laughingsmiley:

We dont have Algebra 3 & 4 ; after 2 its Trig or Pre-Calc, Then Calc

And lol Ryan why a squirrel trainer ? That would be too funny; Im actually a bit afraid of squirrels :/ LOL

Its useless HS math I hate; Like I am in Calculus now, and to be honest, when will I ever have to know how to graph a tangent, sine, cosine graph or whichever ones. Like seriously ? Yea, I'm totally gonna be walking down the street one day like hey a parabola, Let us use the quadratic formula to figure out the equation for it. Come on ! LOL :laughingsmiley:

You'd be surprised how applicable those equations really are but sadly when you tell people such, like when you spout off the equations of motion for say a projectile in a parabola, people usually just tell you to shut up. -_- or they throw things at you :rolleyes_anim:

OMG TYLER I'M GONNA DO THAT!

Oh btw, we're doing stuff about checks and that sort of thing in my intro to buisness class lately and our teacher lets us choose what each check is for. One of mine says buying squirrel food. :D

Aw, you're scared of me and my family? -goes off to sulk with other squirrels-

Lol, I have nightmares about calculus. :P

You'd be surprised how applicable those equations really are but sadly when you tell people such, like when you spout off the equations of motion for say a projectile in a parabola, people usually just tell you to shut up. -_- or they throw things at you :rolleyes_anim:

:laughingsmiley: Well I am not one to throw things. But I think it all depends on your level of interest and what career you go into. In truth my mom is a doctor and my father a psychologist and neither of them use more than basic math lol. And neither do I outside of school. *throws book at you* lol could resist ;) J/K

LOL aww not too scared Ryan , promise :)

And lol nice, squirrel food, squirrels are so erratic and unpredictable lol

But yea a little part of me dies when I walk into my Calculus class lol

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

My husband is a super math brain. One day, he was trying to tell me how he has this idea for an possible equation that could prove.... something. He looked at me and saw me looking at him like o_O. He replied with: "I'll call my dad. Then my old math teacher." :laughingsmiley:

I'm not a math person. I'm an English/language/writing person.