Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I'll contact TJ.

6 people are willing to fly to NY and stop me from killing myself in the even that I have thoughts of suiside due to recent events in my life. I dared Will and Livvy to find 15. I'm keeping track on how many people would be willing to fly/bike/run/etc.

I would just like to say that you can do 7. CAV, I haven't been very active but I would do anything to help a friend. I would fly, bike, heck, I'd even walk

Ok, 7.

A TDN Secret Santa would probably work better in a smaller group. FMs, maybe? Or PM invite?

Whatever way we do it, it's gotta be an even number of people, that way no one is left out.

Well even if it was 3 people, then you could always do it in a circle-ish sort of way.

Sure, I'd be willing to do Neopets, although I'm not quite sure how much I have left. It's been a while x_x

Good thought, Rose. I'm currently saving for a Desert Paint Brush for Lili, so expensive things are a bit out of my range at the moment. Though a simple gift would be kind of nice.

Though you know, if we do it via Neo, it won't be terribly secret. :P ____________ has given you __________!

Well I mean, you'll know who had who by the end of it, but you won't until you get the gift. So you have to keep the fact that your getting a gift from that person a secret while at the same time trying to find out what they want?

What we did when I was in school was we gave a general idea of what we wanted. I mean, obviously, what we could do here, is post a very short list of what we are looking for in that price range. I'm incredibly easy to please, as petpets that I do not have in my gallery are ALWAYS things that I am looking for :P

But for people who have specific items they are looking for, perhaps a short list would do the trick. Then someone needs to put the names together, and tell each person who they got and stuff. I'd be more than happy to organize, as I really don't want to participate, and that way, I can make sure it runs smoothly. :)

I've run a bunch of these events before, just not on neopets, lol.

I'm easy to please too. Any books that Lili hasn't read, I'll take. I love books.

We should probably check with the higher-ups first, to make sure it's cool with them. They may even be able to pin a topic. It should go in the Neopets section, I'd think.

Oh ofc. They already said they're gonna check with people to see if that can happen. And I'm cool with that. I'm just putting it out there that I'd be more than willing to sit out and organize for those who really want to participate. After all, the person who organizes can't really be involved, or they'd know who had them, LOL.

I'm more than happy to sit back and watch, because I get a great kick out of organizing events like that ^_^

On another note, people should go play my Magical Maze of Doom >.> In the game forum... >.>

You know you wannnna!

OOOOH SANTA CLAUS! -hohoho- a secret santa would be a good idea. How would that work though? We randomly get PM by staff telling us who to send a present to on Neopets... or what? :P

I would definitely participate, only if there is a np limit, like buy a present for under 5k np.

I don't want to go poor buying a secret santa present.

Okay, so, first of all, we need to hear back from TJ or CAV (he PMed TJ). Then I was thinking of organizing it myself, and putting a 10k limit on gifts. Anyone who wants to join, can. They'd just put their name in the topic. Then, I'd split them into two groups, and both Crystal and I would take half.Then, we'd PM all of them, and tell them who they have to get a present for. And since me and a few others are under 13, some would have to be in trades, and others could be sent directly.

Actually, I haven't PMed him just yet.

And why have a limit? If someone has enough to give someone a PB, let them. Remember that it's the thought that counts. If you have the money, then use the money. No real need for limits.

I'm horrible at finding gifts. I wouldn't know what to give. =\ Though it is a cool idea, and would be pretty nifty. =]

Simple. We make a topic where everyone participating says a little bit about their interests with Neo and what they could want. If possible, you can even talk about your dream pets, but don't count on getting an MP of course. :P

Then we do the drawing and people will be assigned to be the secret santa for someone. It's some raw ideas. We should make some ideas before I mention it to TJ.

Ah, the wonders of watching a determined bunch of people organise a fun activity. :P

AA, you just made an estimate. The ACTUAL freezing point of Kelvin is 273.15 K. GO HIGH SCHOOL CONCEPTUAL PHYSICS!

CAV, note my clear use of the word 'approximately' to cover my statement. ;) I did not have the precise value immediately available in my memory, therefore I did not claim to be providing absolutely precise data.

Sorry, that's just something I hold myself to extremely strictly. xD

CAV, note my clear use of the word 'approximately' to cover my statement. ;) I did not have the precise value immediately available in my memory, therefore I did not claim to be providing absolutely precise data.

Sorry, that's just something I hold myself to extremely strictly. xD

Meh. In moments like those, I perfer to have the exact value, rather than an estimated one. Yes, I'm strange like that.

Heartwarming sight, isn't it Theo? ^_^

Actually, a random number generator would do quite well. There's a very simple one on my calculator - they're not difficult to use. You could just number the names and then use a random number generator to assign everyone a Santa.