Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Well, there is Financial Aid. Only it is hard having your loan around your neck for the rest of your life...

livvy, Furman's looks so cool! Just googled it. :wub_anim:

It's roughly 38k for the tuition, 11k for the room and board. Another 3k for books and personal expenses, and multiply that for 4 years, you're looking at $208,000 for your full 4 years.

x_x

Well, I better step it up if I want to make it there.

Bean, you're smart. I'm certain you're going to get some kind of scholarship to whatever college you apply to.

EDIT: I KNOW! Isn't it gorgeous? You should see the whole campus... BE-A-UTIFUL! And they're constantly making changes and stuff to make it more energy efficient... it's way cool.

Yeah, Johns Hopkins is a great medical school. Honestly I haven't visited too many schools yet, but at the moment it's my first choice.

But yeah, my parents want me to go to an Ivy League school, and if not, just one that's really prestigious. But even the good ones aren't good enough. I hear my friends get excited over Penn State and to my parents it's the equivalent to going to a 2-year community college x_x

Furman College looks pretty cool though too. I've heard it's one of the top liberal arts colleges in the nation. Hope you get in :thumbsup:

Um, what exactly is paying off? :eh:

Sorry, I'm kinda out of it right now. Might be because I'm stressing over German homework right now. I've gotten so bad at that language after last year. It was when we learned a ton of new grammar and stuff like that really fast and now it's just a jumbled mess in my mind x_x

Mhm! The campus is how I first considered Furman. We had to do a college research essay in 9th grade, and when I was choosing my two in-state colleges, I remembered the gorgeous campus at Furman (I had been there for something quite a while ago, but have no idea what.) After doing the research for the essay, I concluded that, of the 6 colleges I'd researched, Furman was the best fit. Then this past summer I spent a week at the Summer Scholars program on campus. You know how they say when you visit the right college, you'll feel a spark/connection/right? Well, they lied. But after you spend some time on the right campus, you'll realize that you can't imagine spending the next four years of your life anywhere else. :wub_anim: /hopeless romantic.

EDIT: Seriously? Penn State is a great college! And they offer really good scholarships.

And yeah, I totally understand. x_x I lost a lot of French after we introduced a bunch of different tenses.

Will, I just remembered that you're Chinese. (Chinese, right? I think that's what it was.) That kind of explains the push for Ivy schools. (I hope that doesn't sound awful.)

@Bean: Even if their pushiness is working, that doesn't make it a good thing. Being pushed to do college stuff is stressful. x_x The whole concept can be unimaginably overwhelming.

Will, I just remembered that you're Chinese. (Chinese, right? I think that's what it was.) That kind of explains the push for Ivy schools. (I hope that doesn't sound awful.)

If there's ever a need for that last parenthesis, I wouldn't say it. XD

Haha no it's alright, because it's so true :P

At least when it comes to my parent's type of Chinese. (Yes, I've classified those of my race here in America xD).

I dunno, the pushiness is good in the sense that it makes you work hard, but it sucks in the sense that it's impossible to meet their standards because they want me to be the best. And I'm not saying just in my school (which I'm not even), but like the best kid they've ever heard of. It just makes it really hard to ever feel successful :(

Hi Noog! :D *waves*

Haha no it's alright, because it's so true :P

At least when it comes to my parent's type of Chinese. (Yes, I've classified those of my race here in America xD).

I dunno, the pushiness is good in the sense that it makes you work hard, but it sucks in the sense that it's impossible to meet their standards because they want me to be the best. And I'm not saying just in my school (which I'm not even), but like the best kid they've ever heard of. It just makes it really hard to ever feel successful :(

Hi Noog! :D *waves*

Which is why I kind of felt okay saying it. I remembered you mentioning that before.

I feel your pain. :( Mum does the same thing. She's gotten better about it, but there's still that pressure.

*waves too*

I'm sure you will all get into wonderful schools. And I'm sure your parents will still love and accept you no matter what school you go to.

As a side note: I was watching tv with my parents and one of those weight lost adds came on saying "I lost 20 lbs" etc. and my parents responded with "yeah and I found them" whereupon I giggled at the silliness and my dad said "what? well someone had to find them"

I was amused and thought I'd share that fun anecdote.

*waves*

I'm just writing a SUPER EPIC 6+ page story about a boy who shows a ignorant youth how math is important in his everyday world.

I didn't just make that up, I'm serious. It actually might be over twelve pages at this rate....

Plenty of time left to decide right, Jungle?

Today I decided to move back near London. I might as well be unemployed in a place I like and have friends, rather than somewhere where I don't know anybody. I want to move to where my temple is, so at least I can go there and see my beautiful cows. Maybe I can get a paid job with the cows which would solve all my problems.

My worries aren't over yet, but I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

That's great to hear, Athene. =] I wish you well.

We do the same kind of thing, charging out of state (or country) students more than in-state students. That's part of why I plan to stay in state.

Plenty of time left to decide right, Jungle?

Today I decided to move back near London. I might as well be unemployed in a place I like and have friends, rather than somewhere where I don't know anybody. I want to move to where my temple is, so at least I can go there and see my beautiful cows. Maybe I can get a paid job with the cows which would solve all my problems.

My worries aren't over yet, but I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

If you don't mind, I'd like to be called JB. That's just my name.

So you're thinking of becoming a milk-farmer?